Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Hallow's End] Making gold with Transforming Wands.

Hello. This is my first serious attempt to contribute to Mmowned.com© . Firstly, I want to say that I know there are similar threads and maybe it's a common sense. In this guide, though, I will try to make it more detailed, well written and easier to read.

We Are talking about Hallow's End Event. It Last for about 2 weeks, from 18 of October till 31 of October. Several people want to get their achievements done as soon as possible and will probably pay some gold for it.

One of the achievements is [The Masquerade], meta achievment of [Hallowed Be Thy Name] & [What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been]. As you see at the upper picture, in order to complete that achievment you have to get transformed into 7 different "costumes": Bat, Leper Gnome, Pirate, Wisp, Ghost, Ninja & Skeleton.

The way to get transformed is with the Wands. There are 7 different kind of wands, each one for different costume. It has 5 charges per item and only another party member is able to apply it to you.

You can get these from any Innkeeper. You have to right click him/her, and use the "Trick or Treat" option like the picture. Innkeeper will give you a [Treat Bag] or will transform you randomly. In case you receive the bag, there is a chance to get one of the wands.

Every time you use the "Trick or Treat" option you get a debuff that doesn't allow you to Trick or Treat again for 1hour with the same character. Here is where we will focus for now. You can Trick or Treat with every character you want with separate cooldown debuffs.

If for example you got 9 different characters (no level restriction) in a "A" server you can get 9 different "Trick or Treat" every hour. If you have another characters/bankers or alts in a "B" server, of course you could do the same. That means that if you are a bit active, in some hours, you can make a stock of wands in your account or a wand shop if that makes it more interesting.

Here is the preparation part. As long as you cant remember the quantity and the variety of your wands for each of your characters i suggest to make an excel file (or a just a notepad file if you are a bit bored like me), where you can write your stock info and keep track of it, like the picture 7.

Now the main part. There are several ways to sell your wands. Some are quicker, more effective and risky. Here are the following strategy's:

Time: 1/5 | Effectiveness: 1/5 | Risk: 0/5
    This is a strategy for people who want to make quick money, they don't really care about money making and just want to get some gold. You just advertise you are selling your wands around. Something like: "WTS [Hallowed Wand - Bat] 25g! | Orgrimmar Roof | /w me! (3 Charges left)".

Time: 2/5 | Effectiveness: 2/5 | Risk: 1/5
    This is the strategy i follow at this moment as you see at the picture. You are waiting for people who want to complete their achievements, announcing at Trade channel what meta achievements they are missing. Now is where you hop in and you tell them which of them you can offer. With that method, customer seems a bit desperate and he probably wont whine about price or say "WAI I PEY FOR ACHIVMENTSZ?!".

Time: 3/5 | Effectiveness 3/5 | Risk: 2/5
    You wait for all the available wands to come. Even at different characters. If you have all 7 wands you are cool to announce something like that: "Selling full [The Masquerade] achievement. Just whisper me and you will have a gentle & special treatment. Only 150G!"

Time: 5/5 | Effectivness: 4/5 | Risk: 4/5
    Here is when you keep your wands for after event. You target at people who missed some transformations and they cursing God of Wow because they couldn't find them or they couldn't find someone giving them for free. They will definitely pay a lot for that. Using that way has a risk as long as you don't know if and when Blizzard will nerf that.

Time: 5/5 | Effectiveness: 5/5 | Risk 5/5
    The 3. and 4. Combination. That could make you much money, especially if you are able to follow it more than once. You target at achievement collectors or rich players who "AFK" get their achievement completed absolutely out of the event. Like players are paying a lot for mount achievements, they are "working" a lot for just achievements, the fact that i know people paying 1k+ g for that does not surprising me.

Pricing: That's of course server dependable. If you have people in your server acting Communists and giving away free wands you are in bad luck. I've seen wands selling for 50g or 5g. Just experiment your prices if you follow strategies 1, 2 or 3 and you will conclude.

Last but not least, Satisfy your customers! First of all its good to show your professionalism. Use proper English, with capitals and periods. Be polite and patient. You should gather all your characters in a major city. I prefer Orgrimmar. Wouldn't be functional for the "customer" to use several Hearthstones, Zeppelins & Boats in order to reach all your different characters.

PS: This is not a way to make loads of money like farming but its pretty good for low levels & Making some starting money to invest, for bankers, instead of begging around in order to AH farm at new servers.

PS2: Just to prevent you from a silly thought/income calculation, its not 50g or 100g per hour. It's like 50g/100g in 2 minutes, every hour.

[Hallow's End] Making gold with Transforming Wands.
    Asria's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sence i guess?

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep for colors and pretty pictures, I've been doing this for some time it's a good way to make a quick buck.
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

Warwick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about saving the wands until the event is over? Some people might miss the event (break, vacation or whatever) and might pay you a lot more.

Mpidis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Asria: Even if it is common sense, I'm pretty sure that there are some info here some people may don't know.
    @ Warwick: Good idea, but what about look my guide's strategy number 4 and 5?

Tuckerboy5's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete common sense really.. But +Rep anyway for the pictures.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, it seems that its very common sense. At least i like that people enjoy the guide.

Althoo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sense, since sellers are spamming trade chat constanty:P However, i enjoyed reading this guide, it was funny reading at least

dazzidrood's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha +Rep for the awesome pictures

MontgomeryBurns's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost, though you have pictures and I dont but sorry. This been posted be4

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-costumes.html

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, i mentioned that at start of the guide. Just wanted to detail it more.

lul @ rep/posts ratio.