0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always get into Wintergrasp battle

Since the new patch 4.01, you can buy 264 wrathful gear for just honor, so farming honor is nice for alts. Wintergrasp is a great source of honor, since the quests give quite a bit and you get 30+ honor for a win. Getting in however can be a problem on many servers, especially imbalanced servers.

I have found, in over 20 tries this week, that if you join the queue AFTER the battle has started you get in EVERY TIME. I have queued before the battle, not gotten in, left the queue, and then requeued after it started and gotten in. Every time. Obviously 100% success rate for me and my alts doesn't mean it will work for everyone, but I think it does.

Steps are simple:

1. Bring up the Honor PVP window. H for default keybindings
    2. Select Wintergrasp, the first one. If you are in Northrend it'll tell you how long until next battle.
    3. Wait until battle starts, then queue up. Not before.
    4. get into Wintergrasp, and profit! Get all the weeklly quests and Lt Rank for max honor

The exploit is simple, you are supposed to be put in a list when you q up for WG and random people are pulled and allowed in. However, it looks like if you q up after the battle starts you ALWAYS get in, unlike people who q up before and don't ever get in.

Didn't find any posts similar to this

always get into Wintergrasp battle
    ezmoad's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't think of a way to verify this as being true, so I am inclined to think you are mistaken. This is my best understanding of what happens.

1. 15 Minutes of allowing people to join the lottery
    2. Game Time! 120 People selected at random and given a dialog to join. Remaining Players Given "Wintergrasp Full" message and a queue is started.
    3. New People join the queue
    4. 20 Seconds later: There is a good chance many people out of the 120 that were accepted into Wintergrasp didn't accept it (AFK or clicked No), and lose their spot.
    5. A large second group of people are sent invites 20 seconds after the initial 120. <-- Maybe you are in this group every time you try it?

Joining the lottery before Wintergrasp gives you a shot at those 120 spots. By waiting, you are denying yourself this. None of this matters if <120 people on your faction want to play (and are not AFK).

tl;dr Proof?

mistatic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was already in the queue and said "bla bla bla you have not made it in" So I left the queue and then joined again and I got in. So i can confirm it works.
    Last edited by mistatic; 10-21-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK... this is NOT actually true. Let me explain the slight bug that is going on and to where you probably were mistaken.

First, if you que for WG and it gets full with 120 people then it is FULL... there is nothing you can do to get in.

Second, there is a bug... If you are pre-qued for WG and 40 people get in before you, it will say that WG is full. Is it actually full? NO! But, because the raid is full it says WG is full... A simple bug that can be gotten around by leaving WG que and re-queing, which will get you into raid 2, granted that others haven't qued in before you and filled it up by that point.

So, my guess is that you had a friend who said WG is full or something and you qued up and got in anyway... though their PVP window still said WG was full. All your friend needed to do was leave que and rejoin to get around the Raid is full bug. Again... once WG hits the actual real player cap... there is nothing you can do to get around this...

I hope this clarifies.

kixer's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    OK... this is NOT actually true. Let me explain the slight bug that is going on and to where you probably were mistaken.

First, if you que for WG and it gets full with 120 people then it is FULL... there is nothing you can do to get in.

Second, there is a bug... If you are pre-qued for WG and 40 people get in before you, it will say that WG is full. Is it actually full? NO! But, because the raid is full it says WG is full... A simple bug that can be gotten around by leaving WG que and re-queing, which will get you into raid 2, granted that others haven't qued in before you and filled it up by that point.

So, my guess is that you had a friend who said WG is full or something and you qued up and got in anyway... though their PVP window still said WG was full. All your friend needed to do was leave que and rejoin to get around the Raid is full bug. Again... once WG hits the actual real player cap... there is nothing you can do to get around this...

I hope this clarifies.
    This is actually usefull. +Rep

mistatic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post

I hope this clarifies.
    your wrong.

1550's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for me @ EU - Thanks!

Elementroar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mistatic View Post
    your wrong.
    You just said you didn't know how it works, so who are you to say his explanation is wrong?

UrbanRanger's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mistatic View Post
    your wrong.
    Well you have a strong argument there don't ya.

Runicmajier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to respond to this thread. The Op is wrong, it isn't an instant que, but the person that said the second group is the correct person. WG since it is an area that anyone can just fly into and get into the system cannot limit the amount of people that Que up for it. It is actually a bug to say it is full rather then kick people. So the bug isn't instant getting into WG. The bug is getting told it is full. this has been confirmed by blizzard back in 3.5.3. If I can find my Blue post i got when i made the post complaining about the full error i would but I hate the blizzard forums. So Sorry to say but I will not confirm this myself since it is not a bug or exploit.

Shuriryu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm, worked without probs for me. +rep

mistatic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Elementroar View Post
    You just said you didn't know how it works, so who are you to say his explanation is wrong?
    No I didn't I think your going crazy scrub