0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dispel Faster

For those preparing to heal in cata, as you know we will all have dispels. One of the problems many people have in PvP is that they have slow dispels.

Slow dispels means that your teammates are immobile for a lot longer, which can cost you kills in arena and rated BGs.

Here is a little guide to learning to dispel quicker.

So most of us have mouses with a scroll wheel. The scroll wheel is arguably the easiest bind you can have, scrolling up, down, side to side, and clicking the wheel.
    Now, dispels are also arguably the spells which need the fastest reaction timing, as i have learned playing a priest.

Here's how to increase your reaction timing and help dispel faster:

1. You're going to make 3 macros. These macros will be able to dispel yourself, and 2 party members WITHOUT untargetting your current target. This will be helpful in removing cc quickly and then continuing to dispel down the kill target.

KEEP IN MIND: If you're not a priest, replace the "Dispel Magic" in the macros with whatever your dispel is called.

MACRO 1: Self Dispel
    Code:
    #showtooltip Dispel magic
    /cast [target=player] Dispel Magic
    MACRO 2: Dispel Party 1 (Here is where preference comes into play. If you always play with the same people, it would be more helpful to put their names into the macros, especially since party frame order is determined by who enters arena first, which means you will have to remember which teammate is party1 for every match. If you dont play with the same partners, its better to use "party1" and "party2" to avoid having to change macros everytime you queue.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Dispel Magic
    /cast [target=party1] Dispel Magic
    ALTERNATELY:
    Code:
    /cast [target=FIRST PARTNER NAME HERE] Dispel Magic
    MACRO 3: Dispel Party 2
    Code:
    /cast [target=party2] Dispel Magic
    ALTERNATELY:
    Code:
    /cast [target=SECOND PARTNER NAME HERE] Dispel Magic
    2. Now, depending on your preference, bind these macros to scroll wheel up, scroll wheel down, and scroll wheel click.

3. Practice these new dispel bindings. You may find it confusing at first to remember which scroll dispels what teammate, but after a couple days you will find your dispels to be much faster and you can climb the arena ladder much more easily.

I will try to update this with suggestions for dispelling addons, tips, and other tricks for faster dispels.

Dispel Faster
    Phillow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sir i have to say that what you wrote down is a waste of keybinds...
    may i say that if you do it in my way its a lot better

#showtooltip Dispel Magic (<-you can remove this since you dont need it)
    /cast [nomod,target=yourname] Dispel Magic
    /cast [mod:shift,target=nameofplayer1] Dispel Magic
    /cast [mod:ctrl,target=nameofplayer2] Dispel Magic

you dont need a focus which is kinda good ?!

only addons you use in arena is gladius and gladiminish so no need for an extra disspell addon xO
    rated bgs are gonna be totaly retarded (yeah maybe the same way like my grammar abuse) i guess i dont need to post any reasons for my opinion

aaah i forgot to mention that each of your spells should look like my DM one since it saves you a lot of space on your bars

omfg edit button told me i should add this:

Swifty told'ya to buy a razer naga and lycosa which would increase your ratings for ~8971987108 points and you should improve your strafeing around imaginary pillars !
    no srzly who believes that a a new keyboard and a new mouse improve your rating lolz (did i say that i am a 2.3k wotlk hero rogue ? no rls its rmp which is kinda broken and i played as sub so +fav me for not beeing envenom!)
    Last edited by Phillow; 10-18-2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: woops missclicked

nukec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To OP, as priest, what keybind do you use for targeting yourself and your party member in 2s, 3s, 5s? Since I used scroll up and scroll down for targeting myself and my teammate. Whats the best methode to target your coop members? F1, F2, F3?

Phillow, especially mouse

Phillow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what keybind do you use for targeting yourself
    well i am not the op but to target myself i use the interface option since all my spells are bound to arena1 or teammatexyz in case i am on my friends acc to push him i use alt which is bound to my extra mouse button 1 and no i dont have a razer naga.

Whats the best methode to target your coop members? F1, F2, F3?
    copy and paste my macro and insert the names of your mates in case you wanna play 5s (which i dont like cuz its not balanced at all) you can add the
    /cast [mod:alt,target=asdjaklsdjaslkd] Randomcast
    or make a focus cast macro so you dont have to manualy switch

Phillow, especially mouse
    maybe i am just to stupid to get this but i guess you'll tell me what you meant

soysoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would steer away from ANY modifiers for dispelling. Dispels need to be as fast as possible and adding modifiers will only slow it down. It's best to use the fastest, most easily accessible binds for dispelling, and what a better way to do it than the scroll wheel. I can see modifiers being useful for maybe abolish or TotT macro, but for dispelling it will slow you down.

As for targeting, I use 1, 2, 3, 4 to target my party members since my main spells are not bound to numbers.

One more thing on dispels: while other mouse buttons might be ok for dispelling, spamming your finger on a button repeatedly is easier when your just scrolling. If you think about it, the scroll wheel is the third most used button/means of navigation. It will come most naturally if you scroll to dispel.

Also, modifiers can be difficult to switch between if you have to dispel yourself, then quickly your teammate and quickly the enemy. You COULD do that, or you could scroll up, down, and click.

Phillow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldnt say its slower its more a thing of if you are used to it or not.
    i play since season 1 as holy paladin, disc (on atr) and rogue the way i mentioned above and i dont feel slow...and you dont
    "...spamming your finger on a button repeatedly is easier when your just scrolling"
    its more about prediction at which time you have to dispell and when not to (like the instant ice block mass dis)

edit button told me again i should tell you that in cataclysm dispells even cost mana when they dont dispell anything which would oom you quite fast while spaming it.

soysoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you may not have to dispel as much in cata, try to bind your dispel to your scroll wheel and see how it goes for a few days.

You will see a marked improvement in your reaction timing

Also scroll-wheel dispelling lets you strafe either way while doing so, rather than limiting you to single sided strafing since either your forefinger or ring finger will be used up.

1337pyro's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This method seems to be a little bit wierd.
    So I will explain how I dispell.

First of all I use Grid - Addons - Curse

You got a nice raid frame with this addon. This addon is somehow standard, when it comes to raiding.
    You can configure it especially for your personal needs. You can for example choose, which debuff will be shown.
    Me as a priest, I am interested in magical debuffs and diseases.

Now Clique - Addons - Curse

With this addon you are able to bind your spells to mouse keys (mouseover). you can choose over which frames you can use your key bindings(of course activate it for grid raidframes).
    I prefer the right mouse button to dispell magic and shift+right mouse button to cure disease. My other mouse buttons are bound to healing abilitys.
    If someone in your group/raid gets a debuff, you can instantly dispell it with the help of these addons.

edit: Using this method, you will not change your current target. So it is also comfortable to damagedealers.
    edit2: Of course this will help you in arena too.
    Last edited by 1337pyro; 10-18-2010 at 03:23 PM.

02/02/2011 01:52 <Jackie Moon> I might just go whack off all this talk about man boobs is making me frisky

soysoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 1337pyro View Post
    This method seems to be a little bit wierd.
    So I will explain how I dispell.

First of all I use Grid - Addons - Curse

You got a nice raid frame with this addon. This addon is somehow standard, when it comes to raiding.
    You can configure it especially for your personal needs. You can for example choose, which debuff will be shown.
    Me as a priest, I am interested in magical debuffs and diseases.

Now Clique - Addons - Curse

With this addon you are able to bind your spells to mouse keys (mouseover). you can choose over which frames you can use your key bindings(of course activate it for grid raidframes).
    I prefer the right mouse button to dispell magic and shift+right mouse button to cure disease. My other mouse buttons are bound to healing abilitys.
    If someone in your group/raid gets a debuff, you can instantly dispell it with the help of these addons.

edit: Using this method, you will not change your current target. So it is also comfortable to damagedealers.
    edit2: Of course this will help you in arena too.
    But that's the equivalent of clicking since you have to stop holding right click to control your camera, and go and click the grid frames.
    =\
    It also means u have to take your eyes off of the field until you actually click the frame.

1337pyro's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you juggle? I throw and catch the balls without looking at them.
    I see the grid frame in the corner of my eye and can click it.
    But everybody is different. It's a matter of practice.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

what i wanna add: you can bind the dispell to your mousewheel so you can hold right click and mouseover the gridframes if you like to.

02/02/2011 01:52 <Jackie Moon> I might just go whack off all this talk about man boobs is making me frisky

soysoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing you can't deny is that it takes away your ability to turn the camera since you have to take away your right click, so why limit yourself?

I almost always hold my right click down to turn, so if you need to turn and dispel you'd have to resort to keyboard turning