Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Profiting from the Misfortune

Hey guys

Ok so this "guide" isn't your typical go out and do this or that type of "guide". This is more of an FYI or a BOLO (Be On Look Out). In order for this to work, it will take mostly luck/timing and a general knowledge of your servers economy/market.

This has now happened to me 4 different times and I have profited from it very well that I feel it should be something at least to be shared with you guys. This is of course as always server dependent and requires common sense.

So this just happened again to me for the 4th time, I was on my bank alt checking my AH sales, flipping items, buying/selling the works. I noticed in trade chat that someone was selling 6 Primordial Saronite for 100g each (normally 180g on my server) 2 Dreadstone for 100g (119g per on my server). I immediately messaged the guy and bought all the items.

Now so far all 4 times I have experienced this they have gone the same way. The seller doesn't speak good English. It is very easy to convince them to shave off 20-100g off what they are originally posted in trade chat. After the transaction they then trade with you again and fill up the trade window with more items (typically enchanting mats) and say something like "100g u take all" and there are stacks of Infinite Dust, Abyss Crystals etc.

I have also noticed that if you continue to buy from them they will continue to offer you stuff, sometimes they get in such a hurry they click trade when you haven't even paid yet (has happened twice) and you can score more stuff. They don't complain or argue and usually disappear once they are out of stuff.

Like I said this has happened to me 4 times, twice on one server and twice on another. I have always turned a profit and I have always scored more items then what they advertised. I work graveyards so when I get work early in the morning I log on. This seems to be the time when I catch these "Walmart" sellers.

Obviously I believe it is a result of a hacked account and they are liquidating items to get fast gold, which also makes sense why it would be early in the morning when the owner isn't on.

Other then your own personal morals, this is still fairly legit because honestly how do you know what is going on?

Anyways this was suppose to stay short and I am rambling because I am tired but just want to give back to this great community who has helped me throughout the years!

Profiting from the Misfortune
    gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by apbjur View Post
    and I am rambling
    Yes you are lol

illuminati87m's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, I see I'm not the only one who profits from this. Reminds of the people who say in trade "DON'T BUY FROM XXXX! HACK ACCOUNT ETC.!" Sure enough, you can get amazing deals instantly from these people.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all a bit situational or just about pure luck of being online at the same time someone gets hacked and stripped.

I think theres a guide on page 2 that tells you to stay up all night and look for hackers on trade.

Its good if you can get such bargains but its not something you could actually rely on.

apbjur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    Its all a bit situational or just about pure luck of being online at the same time someone gets hacked and stripped.

I think theres a guide on page 2 that tells you to stay up all night and look for hackers on trade.

Its good if you can get such bargains but its not something you could actually rely on.

No I totally agree Gippy, it's not meant to be a guide that you will follow every day and become rich...I just guess as a Public Service Announcement want ppl to keep an eye on their trade chat...it is random/luck but like I said, it has now happened 4 times to me 2 times on 2 different servers, so it's out there.

Thanks for the input!

deftonesfool's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds fishy. It couldn't been from a stolen or hacked account and they want to trade away the items and disenchant mats. This could cause you to get banned in the near future if the account is ever reported stolen. I'd be very wary.

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good tip but its kinda common sense
    I bough 3 stacks of abyss crystals for 150g of hacked account once

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART

mihaitza's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't get banned for this lol...

1. You have the right to buy whatever you want from whoever you want with in game currency
    2. You "had no idea" that the account you bought stuff from was being stripped by hackers

Happened to me twice, the last time (couple of moths ago) I got a stack of 20 primordials for 3k...so yea

gargantuan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizz keeps track of mail records but has no way to keep track of trades, AFAIK. No risk, don't worry.