20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Become a neutral auction house and make thousands of gold

What do people use the Neutral Auction House for the most these days? Well to trade items or gold to their horde or alliance characters of course.

Ever since Blizzard started allowing players to have both horde and alliance characters on all server types, this has become more and more popular. Almost all the top "gold goblins" (players who are simply extremely rich in-game because they know how to play the market) usually have horde and alliance characters simply so that they can benefit from cross faction arbitrage (buying something low priced on one side and selling it high priced on another).

There comes a time however when you want to basically bring gold from horde side to alliance side, or alliance side to horde side. Whether it is because you are starting a new alt there, you just want more money on the other side or there is something big that you want to buy there and then neutral auction house trade it back to your home side again.

Well here is how you are going to solve that sort of problem for others.

• Step 1: Generate a respectfully large amount of gold on both horde and alliance side. I would recommend 10-20k gold or more on each side.
    • Step 2: Advertise your services in trade and on realm forums that you are rendering a service that allows players to transfer gold from horde to alliance or alliance to horde.
    • Step 3: They give you gold from their alliance character to your alliance character. You then give them that amount from your horde character to their horde character (assuming they want to transfer from alliance to horde).
    • Step 4: ???
    • Step 5: Profit - and here is how. Let's say Bob want to transfer 10,000g from his alliance character to his horde character. Bob comes to me and checks that I have enough on both my horde character. He then gives me the 10,000g PLUS I charge him a fee (for example 10% fee). Therefore he gives me the 10,000g PLUS another 1,000g for the fee. I then log onto my horde character and give him 10,000g from my horde character. I just made 1,000g for doing pretty much nothing.

Sure, they could use the Neutral Auction House to trade gold across (this is what most players do) where they say put up a piece of linen cloth on the Neutral Auction House for 10,000g and then buy it from horde side. The problem with this is you need 2 accounts or a friend to help you. Also the Neutral Auction House takes 15% cut (where you only take 10%). Running down to the Neutral Auction House on both characters is such a hassle too, where your trade could happen without leaving Dalaran.

The other option people have is by putting an item worth 10,000g on the Neutral Auction House for only 1 copper and quickly buying it out and then reselling it. Again when you sell that item for 10,000g the normal AH will still take a slight cut and it might take a while to sell.
    Not to mention you get Auction House snipers (like my guide http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...01-2010-a.html - sorry you have to have Elite WoW Guide section access to see, but long story short we steal yo epics from the Neutral Auction House).

Become a neutral auction house and make thousands of gold
    Destony's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a cool idea but im not sure if many people will be trusted straight off anyway nice guide +Rep

TechnoKilla's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your basically running an exchange service.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TechnoKilla View Post
    Your basically running an exchange service.
    Yes pretty much. In terms of the trust issue, if you don't go through with it, it's scamming and bannable.

xhopesfall20's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually a good idea. Have to have a good amount of gold on either side... not to mention very trusting participants.

Rine's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but what if bob wants to trade 20k gold, and i only have 20k gold. he gives me that 10% fee, meaning 2k gold. now i have maybe 42k gold on on char, and after giving him his gold on the other faction i've got nothing left there? then i've got to use the neutral auction house to transfer my new 22k gold over to the other faction, paying a fee by 15%, which means 3,3g gold. that means, in the worst case, i will lose 1,3k gold?

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rine View Post
    but what if bob wants to trade 20k gold, and i only have 20k gold. he gives me that 10% fee, meaning 2k gold. now i have maybe 42k gold on on char, and after giving him his gold on the other faction i've got nothing left there? then i've got to use the neutral auction house to transfer my new 22k gold over to the other faction, paying a fee by 15%, which means 3,3g gold. that means, in the worst case, i will lose 1,3k gold?
    Or you just make more gold on that side

illuminati87m's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rine View Post

I believe at this point you don't go through with the transaction because you're obviously not making any profit. You should have it be known to people your gold limits to avoid situations like this.

Ql1max's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why won't you just put smth on auction house for 10k with ally char, and buy it with horde?

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ql1max View Post
    Why won't you just put smth on auction house for 10k with ally char, and buy it with horde?
    Neutral Auction Houses take a 15% cut. Meaning you loose 15% of that gold. Whereas this way the person is only loosing a 10% cut (so a human, instead of the gold vanishing into who knows where).
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 10-15-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Ql1max's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, nice then, gj! :}

Ryan55's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by UnholyShaman View Post

Neutral Auction Houses take a 15% cut. Meaning you loose 15% of that gold. Whereas this way the person is only loosing a 10% cut (so a human, instead of the gold vanishing into who knows where).
    And you would need a 2nd account to buy the auction, you can't buy your own auctions.

CheeseProphet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ryan55 View Post
    And you would need a 2nd account to buy the auction, you can't buy your own auctions.
    IDD why didnt you add this to the top post unholy?

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought everyone knew that lol.

CheeseProphet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R