0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic arena guide for reaching 1800.

So I've been lurking these forums for a long time now, and decided it was time to contribute.

CC = Crowd Control(fear, polymorph etc.)
    Wizardcleave = Double caster + healer

Note: These are general arena tips and does not belong to a specific combo.

• Communication.
      Communication is a key part of any arena match. Being able to call out positions, cc and switches is a must. I suggest using either skype or ventrilo, depending on if u want push 2 talk.
    • Positioning
      Positioning is a key part of arena.
      1. Being able to line of sight enemy casts is a must, especially against wizardcleaves. A general rule is that against wizardcleaves you never leave the pillar while they have heroism up + always be aware if they have cooldowns up and line of sight accordingly. Cooldowns to watch out for: Deep Freeze, Elemental Mastery, Shadowfury and Physic Horror.
      2. This is mostly for healers. You should always be near a pillar, no matter what combo you are playing. Being able to line of sight polymorphs, fears and cyclones is a must. Standing near the pillar also makes it easier to survive switch attempts. Ofcourse you sometimes have to move: If you are going for a CC (Hammer of Justice, Fear, Hex) or to avoid Priest fears if he is running for you.
    • Playing a proper combo.
      If you are going for 1800 for the first time playing something like fire mage/ret paladin is a bad idea. A good way to find proper combos is visiting Arenajunkies.com. A few 2v2 combos with the specific classes that are good to play.
      Hpala/Warrior
      Ret or Prot Pala/Resto Shaman
      Disc Priest/Rogue
      Shadow Priest/Rogue
      Resto Druid/Warrior
      Hunter/Disc Priest
      Resto Druid/Affliction Warlock
      Mage/Shadow Priest
      Mage/Disc Priest
      Death Knight/Holy Pala
      Elemental Shaman/Destruction Lock
      Rogue/Balance Druid
    • Keybindings.
      You should keybind every spell you have. Pressing keybinds is a lot faster the clicking with the mouse + it make you able to move with the mouse instead of wasd. This makes you able to turn you character around faster, so you dont waste time turning with a or d when chasing someone.
    • Playing with proper partners.
      No matter what you do and how well you play, playing with horrible people will keep your rating low. Look out for your partners mistakes and try to help him improve. If he dosnt want to improve find a new one. Also, dont get angry if you partner gives you advice. Its one of the best ways to improve.
    • Addons.
      Addons can make arena a whole lot easier. A few that I suggest using: Gladius - Addons - Curse Basicly an upgraded arena bar, where you can see your opponents + Pvp trinket cooldown.
      SpellAlerter - Addons - Curse a spell alerter which will show icons with incoming CC on you and your partners.
      Afflicted 3 - Addons - Curse a great tool to keep track of enemy cooldowns.
    • Have fun
      Whats the point of playing if you dont have fun. Dont get angry if you lose a game, just keep trying. You will get there eventually, so who cares.

Basic arena guide for reaching 1800.
    Gortoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, very nice concise guide.

Are you saying to move entirely with the mouse and bind WASD cause I always wondered how ppl can use so many keybindings while using those.

king87's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you use wasd to move with the mouse, so you can use keybindings at the same, hard to explain, but press the right mousebutton down, and move with a/d and you see what he means.

andmel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basicly you move with your mouse only. The only keys you should use for moving is Q and E since you cant strafe with the mouse.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warrior/rogue is also very good combo, it's what I use, rogue saps partner, then he stun locks other guy and I bs, we drop the enemy super fast.

andmel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Warrior/rogue is also very good combo, it's what I use, rogue saps partner, then he stun locks other guy and I bs, we drop the enemy super fast.
    No offence or anything, but Warrior/Rogue is a horrible setup against any opponent who has a clue about what they are doing

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    Basicly you move with your mouse only. The only keys you should use for moving is Q and E since you cant strafe with the mouse.
    A and D are to turn, but, if you hold RMB(right mouse-button) while pressing those buttons you will strafe. Thus basicly making Q and E obsolete and often are used as abilities you often use and need quick acces to.

andmel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlodyWarior View Post
    A and D are to turn, but, if you hold RMB(right mouse-button) while pressing those buttons you will strafe. Thus basicly making Q and E obsolete and often are used as abilities you often use and need quick acces to.
    I never use A and D and most other decently rated people(2,5k+) dont do that either.

IMU7899's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offence or anything, but Warrior/Rogue is a horrible setup against any opponent who has a clue about what they are doing

This. On my priest I always run RMP, or RP, MP, and I did kitty/disco once, but it wasn't my favorite comp, we got up to about 1750 and then quit, once I'm 85 on my rogue and the new arena season starts I'll most likely be doing DR, RP, or MR. Love all those comps, I need to get into some 5's and try it out lol.

Premiere's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never use A and D and most other decently rated people(2,5k+) dont do that either.

This is inaccurate, I play 2300/2400+ in multiple brackets and almost every teammate I have had strafed with A and D, while using q and e for keybinds.

andmel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Premiere View Post
    This is inaccurate, I play 2300/2400+ in multiple brackets and almost every teammate I have had strafed with A and D, while using q and e for keybinds.
    None of those i play with do that We all use A and D for keybinds. But ofcourse if you bind A and D as strafe, it wouldnt matter. Personal preferrence i suppose.