0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be Unseen in Booty Bay While Auction Snipe-ing

Hello! This is my first time posting so please forgive me if I am not fully within the preferred format =) I searched for similar things and did not find anything so I am sorry if this ends up being a re-post.

See Bottom for Screenshots

What this exploit does: Hides your character unseen (except your name at certain angles) while in booty bay. You are able to access the auctioneer, open the window, enter the exploit area and be hard to find for just about anyone. I was never killed in the past with this location however note that I am not posting this exploit for invincibility, I am posting it for being hidden and less likely to be killed or detected.

I had discovered this exploit a few years ago and for some reason thought they fixed it, however I just tried it last night and it still works.

This exploit only works for a human female (its the only character race/sex that fits in the exploit)

Instructions:

• Create a level 1 human female with an ultra short name. I have found LL with alt codes the best and shortest (examples: alt-141 alt-140 etc)
    • Get your level 1 human female to Booty Bay (get naked! Not sure if this matters but naked is fun none the less).
    • Get money to said character and go to the lesser known auctioneer in the lower building.
    • Once in the lower building look behind the auctioneer. Note the pile of sacks and a bookshelf to the right of the stacks.
    • Take your character onto the sacks and face the auctioneer.
    • Open the auctioneer window
    • Back up into the corner on-top of the bags and slip into the corner.
    • /sleep in the corner hidden behind the bags
    • Activate your auction scanning software(I use AuctionNinja) and clicker if you so choose and voila.

If you are having a hard time getting into the corner keep trying. Try before activating the auctioneer. You can easily jump in and out of the hole. You can also jump to reactivate the auctioneer if someone kills it. BE SURE to deselect the auctioneer after you are in the hole. If you keep the auctioneer selected and someone manages to select you; you're just itching to give away your local.

Tips NOT to forget!
    • Do not enter or exit the hole with anyone in the building.
    • Remember to use a short name (Sticks out side of building regardless of how you lay facing).
    • Remember to lay down in the hole (Your body turns phantom and you can see the dark head sticking up if you don't).
    • Remember to deselect the auctioneer once in place!

I hope this is helpful =) Thanks!

Note: There is also a helpful dead run/rez mini-exploit that still worked for me and gets you there a lot faster. You die in Elwynn as close to Duskwood as you can. Run through Duskwood to STV passing the Rebel Camp while dead. Run all the way to Booty Bay resurrection angel and log out. Log back in and rez. If you try to rez at the spirit without logging out and back it, it will teleport you back to the graveyard you went to when you initially died. Helpful tip for running lowbies.

A view in the hole:

At some angles the name cannot be seen:

And can be seen at other angles, thus the helpfulness of short names.
    Last edited by Warcraftwoman; 10-05-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added Screens

Be Unseen in Booty Bay While Auction Snipe-ing
    s_e_a_n_66's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been doing exactly this while sitting at the AH in BB, I got a 20 stack of primordials while sitting here . I was hoping nobody else knew about it . Please note that not all races are able to get behind the sacks ( I could do it on a human, but not on BE or gnome, have not tried others). Oh and remember to either be in a group or decline invites automatically somehow, because I was once invited to a group and summoned outside of ICC by a warlock while sitting here. Once they put you in their group, they can see where you are also. The best solution seems to just be in a group already, then they can't invite you(because the click static popup macro will automatically accept any group invites / summons)

Another thing, you will arouse much less suspicion if you use a toon that is the appropriate level for questing in stranglethorn vale. Some very careful people will /who the neutral AH areas looking for level 1s(or other toons that seem too low for the area) before doing any transfers.
    Last edited by s_e_a_n_66; 10-05-2010 at 01:53 PM.

L33tgamer85's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm never knew bout this when servers come up im gona go check it out 6): ty +rep

Warcraftwoman's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had people try to invite me to a group and I let it time out. I do not know what you are using that auto accepts group invites, but my AuctionNinja (Yes) button is no where near my group accept button. This is not an issue I have had.

Also the value of a level one is being able to delete and make a new one once the name is on too many peoples friends list (vary the alt code combo from time to time). Yes a level appropriate for the zone is helpful, but it also loses its helpfulness just as fast.
    Edit: I know about friend listing, I put the names of peoples transfer characters on my snipers list to have an eye on them as well =) I also made friends with the old sniper on my current server and was able to move my own things safely ^.^

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a macro to click the button for me. So I don't actually click the "accept" button but spam a macro that "accept"s any popup message that is displayed in the screen, thus allowing me to actually go AFK while sniping peoples auctions. Guess I misunderstood how you were using it, you just have a clicker over the "yes" button?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I see. An auto clicker doesn't click anything and everything, only where you tell it to and how often. I presume using a macro works differently =)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I use a macro because that auctioneer gets killed like 10 times a day. The macro lets me re-target the auctioneer, interact with him and keep scanning after he is killed and reset, allowing my sniping to continue even if someone is farming rep there.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking a combination would be best. Macro for target and interaction, and a stand alone clicker for when your "AFK" ^.^

IMU7899's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still unable to be seen if others are using unit frames? or even friendly unit frames?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checking now.

Update: Tag can be seen at the correct angles outside the building just like the name, otherwise outside it cannot be seen (only visible for a small range. Inside it can be seen. I ran around on the ramps outside and up top and you can not see the tag. You have to go down to the building for it to be seen. I also jumped down into the water and came up the ramp and did not see the tag until I was going back up top, and only briefly.
    Last edited by Warcraftwoman; 10-05-2010 at 03:35 PM.

BlQ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll try it out

ot4ku1992's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one, I'm going to use this for sure.

Originally Posted by s_e_a_n_66 View Post
    Oh yeah, I use a macro because that auctioneer gets killed like 10 times a day. The macro lets me re-target the auctioneer, interact with him and keep scanning after he is killed and reset, allowing my sniping to continue even if someone is farming rep there.
    Oh, would you mind posting this macro?
    I searched for this but wasn't lucky.

Throrn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by s_e_a_n_66 View Post
    I am using a macro to click the button for me. So I don't actually click the "accept" button but spam a macro that "accept"s any popup message that is displayed in the screen, thus allowing me to actually go AFK while sniping peoples auctions. Guess I misunderstood how you were using it, you just have a clicker over the "yes" button?
    Could you post that macro please? It would be very useful for me, thank you in advance.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just doing this
    Code:
    /tar Auctioneer
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    Then I put that to key 1 and send keystrokes "1" and "i"(for interact) with autoit.

Ghetto autoit code will run for 4 hours:
    Code:
    For $i = 288000 to 1 step -1

Send ( "1i" )
    	sleep(50)
    Next

EddyEvil's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing this for a while now, I can confirm this works and if you're Horde you can get back there with undead females. :-)
    I have become... evil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast