Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Investment] Earning Gold when patch 4.0.1 hits!

Hello there!

I haven't posted anything in a while now, as I haven't really thought of much, but I'm gonna share a little trick I think a lot of you will get some nice benefit from if you decide to try it out.

So, as we all know patch 4.0.1 will hit the live servers in the nearest future, and amongst a lot of changes we get a nice change to the glyph system, where you only need to purchase the glyph one time, and you can use it as much as you like. This is of course a really nice change, however (as many of you have guessed) the price of glyphs will increase a lot.

So to prevent getting screwed over by all the opportunists that will screw you over by raising the prices when the patch hits, it's a good idea to buy all the glyphs you might need in the future and stack em up so you'll have them all ready to use.

If you check your Auction House right now I assume a lot of glyphs will vary from about 5 gold to probably around 40 gold, but when the patch hits I assume the price might be tripled, or even more. So buying them now would really pay off.

If you however would like to earn even more, and you dare to put some money into it, you can buy all the cheap glyphs and store them till 4.0.1 and compete on the market with all those other opportunists who wants to screw people over by raising the price by as much as your auction house allows it too.

(As you can see here i've bought quite alot of glyphs, but I aint far from done though)

So yeah, that's basicly my two cents before patch 4.0.1, I assume many of you have already thought of this, but for those who haven't it's a good way to earn some extra gold!

-Excesum
    Last edited by Excesum; 10-05-2010 at 12:22 PM.

[Investment] Earning Gold when patch 4.0.1 hits!
    Parrky's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a massive gamble

Excesum's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parrky View Post
    this is a massive gamble
    I wouldnt call it a massive gamble. Say for instance (if you're cheap) you buy 20 glyphs for 5 gold each, that's 100 gold. I can pretty much guarantee you that you will be able to re-sell those glyphs for more than 5 gold when patch 4.0.1 hits

Stochey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price will drop even more, because people will no longer needs to buy glyph anymore.
    Everyone has already 2 set of glyph for there 2 set , they won't need to buy anymore once they change spec

Feliny's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prices will drop - but not on the first day. Many classes will need to respec and therefore need new glyphs. I guess after 1-2 days the prices will drop massively, but buying a few glyphs and reselling them is a nice idea. But in my opinion you should list glyphs that will be needed. For example many Warlocks will respec to destro since this will be a very strong spec. Also, searing pain will be used since it (currently) does a lot of damage. So buy searing pain and other destro glyphs like immolate and conflagrate. This will for sure bring profit. I guess there are glyphs like that for every class, but I only know it for mine

cania2010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt place my money on this. To big a gamble in my honest oppinion. But thats because I look at my perspective. I dont need any glyphs at all since I got all my specs covered. But I know that my friends have it the same way so they wont need any either = nobody needs = nobody buys.

itchyblue's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone who already has a max level inscription toon, they will still make decent amounts of gold off of the profession and market - especially in the first few weeks. Making glyphs now, they usually have a base cost of ~3g per glyph (for those who make them in masses from buying Icethorn or Adders Tongue). So, for scribes now, I would say stock up on all glyphs (quantity dependent on faction size of your server, and how many you see moving now), and prepare for the best week of your toons life. After that, it will die down until Cata when the new glyphs will start being able to be accessed.

For those who don't have a scribe available to them - this is a horrible idea. The time investment to make a "wise" purchase is too huge. To find popular glyphs that will be under or at 5g, is finding that 1 person who wants to piss off everyone else selling glyphs and make a quick sale. The chances are slim to none unless you are camping the AH.

I have scribes on 3 servers pulling in 1.3-1.5k gold profit each (after creation costs of the glyphs themselves) while spending a total of 10 minutes a day on each toon, even with the declining economy.

To buy glyphs in masses that are under 5g (on most servers) will be purchasing the bastard children of the profession and a waste of money, IMO. The only sales you will make on them are the anal people who are buying the glyphs to have them "just in case I need them" later on.

All in all, it seems like too high of an investment for a *chance* of a return. Those who make the glyphs, and make a good profit from them, already have a system in place to create glyphs that will sell. To instruct people to purchase glyphs purely on the reason of "when they're cheap", is a bad idea - or at the very least a huge time investment for little return of the time spent.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by itchyblue; 10-06-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That dwarf NPC has the best rape face i have ever seen.

Excesum's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vixxi View Post
    That dwarf NPC has the best rape face i have ever seen.
    Haha, I lol'd

The only sales you will make on them are the anal people who are buying the glyphs to have them "just in case I need them" later on.
    Well, there are quite alot of them "anal people" around who wants to have them all, just to have them

sensenmann's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Excesum View Post
    I wouldnt call it a massive gamble. Say for instance (if you're cheap) you buy 20 glyphs for 5 gold each, that's 100 gold. I can pretty much guarantee you that you will be able to re-sell those glyphs for more than 5 gold when patch 4.0.1 hits
    Considering you could resell them with a bit of patience for even more, even if the patch doesn't hit, I would say this is a good idea. It's something I've been doing with my inscriptionist. If you look on the PTR, glyphs are about 3x more mats per glyph now. So you can make 3 glyphs now, or 1 later, you pick.