0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recipe: Philosopher's Stone

First post on MMOwned! Thought I would share a gold tip that has worked for me consistently for about the past year. Checked around and did not see 1 post on this ever.
    First check your server's auction house to see if anyone has up: Recipe: Philosopher's Stone
    If not, or if there are only a couple up for cheap (cheap being 1-25ish gold) head over to Gadgetzan. My preferred means to get there is the portal in Dalaran that sends you to the Caverns of Time which is a couple minutes away.

The idea is to buy: Recipe: Philosopher's Stone - Item - World of Warcraft
    From the vendor: Alchemist Pestlezugg - NPC - World of Warcraft
    The Pattern is only 80 silver so it is not a very big investment to begin with, but for me has turned into thousands of gold. The Recipe is not unique so you can buy as many as you want.
    Head back to your major city and put up the Recipe on the AH for whatever you feel comfortable starting out with, for me this was 50g. As i did it more and more, i found that the price that was highest yet still was bought consistently was 95g.

Information on the pattern/item: I came across this pattern/idea while leveling alchemy on my alt. The Philosopher's Stone is what Alchemists use to do their transmutes, most notably Epic gems and Meta gems, which personally is the sole reason i became one to begin with. Most people have so much gold right now that when they see they can buy the pattern for 95g they won't even go wowhead it to see where its from.
    Bonus is that in cataclysm Alchemists can now make Vial of the Sands which turns into a pretty cool looking Sandstone Drake. Hopefully this leads to more people leveling Alch --> more people buying your recipe off the AH!
    Additional A.H. tips: If anyone already has the recipe up for 1-25g, i buy it out and put mine up for my preferred price of 95g.
    If you see someone consistently trying to undercut you, just undercut them in return. The idea is to discourage them out of the market when they see that none of their auctions are selling.
    Obviously this doesn't just apply to this item, but as a general rule you can log onto a couple alts and post the pattern for 100-1000g then put yours up vastly undercutting them and making the purchaser think they're getting a good deal.

The success of this gold tip really depends on server population/if people on your server have figured this out yet and are fully utilizing it. Good luck!

Recipe: Philosopher's Stone
    minifss's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well, young member of MMOwned.com. Even though this isnt a revelation to most, selling vendor recipes, I still think you deserve some cookies. You have detailed it out, instead of just throwing it on the table.

Have a cookie +Rep

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice first post. Always nice to see someone contributing right off the bat.

Unfortunately, any vendor item resale is likely going to be a repost from this: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...dor-items.html

Its your first thread, so its no big deal, but in the future, you can make "looking around" for other similar threads easier, by simply using the search function in the top right.

Thanks again for contributing, and welcome to the community!