Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Cata gold tip/idea

Hey guys,

I am recently came across a gold making idea on a blog from a comment someone left on the article. (Thanks to Vixxi for finding the link for me)

Just My Two Copper: Rumsey Rum For Cataclysm Twinks - Easy Tips on Making Wow Gold Guide Blog

I decided to give this a try and discovered that it works great, I can hardly keep these items in stock. I thought "Finally something I can share with MMowned!"

Of course I searched and it has been posted. Now I don't post here often, as I feel I have had nothing of value to to contribute. I love this site and only want to help and do my part.

When I searched and found the repost, I noticed that it was first posted in 2008 and then last year 2009. With Cata coming shortly, and people leveling new toons, I think this is relevant and would still like to share it.

Also I've been reading that Twinks will become popular again and this could also help.

First here are the links to the repost:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ack-label.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ick-money.html

Remember this is of course server dependent and takes some common sense. I would have never knew about this if I hadn't seen it on that blog so hopefully it can benefit someone out there that would have never seen the older posts.

The item: Rumsey Rum Black Label
    Rumsey Rum Black Label - Item - World of Warcraft

Sold by: Barkeep Kelly
    Barkeep Kelly - NPC - World of Warcraft

This NPC is located in the Inn of Southshore in the Old Hillsbrad Foothills instance. This instance is located in the Cavern of Time. To get to him you need to go to the Caverns of Time, located in Tanaris.

Easiest way to get to Tanaris is to use the portal in Dalaran, located in the Violet Citadel (Kirin Tor area) or you can fly to Gadgetzan and run to CoT.

Tanaris:

CoT with Old Hillsbrad location:

Once inside the instance you will need to run to Southshore. Once in Southshore go into the Inn and purchase the rum from Barkeep Kelly. The rum stacks into 10 and are sold for 2 Silver each.

I have been selling these items on my AH for anywhere from 1g-2g each. At one point there was another seller selling 3 stacks for 2g a stack. I purchased the stacks and resold the single rums for 1g each. I change my prices back and forth but usually they sell well at 1g 50s.

With Cata coming this is a good buff item for those leveling new toons and Twinks.

I hope this helps someone out there, as it has helped me and I am making a decent profit off them. I apologize for the repost but this would otherwise be buried deep and I believe it has some relevancy. If this needs to be taken down I understand, I am only trying to help and contribute.

Hope this has helped someone and good luck!

*Edited to add the source of the link from Justmy2copper. Had been going through alot of blogs and could not remember where I saw it. Credit goes to
    Paty, 80 Elemental Shaman Moon-Guard (the BEST RP server to make gold on)

**Edited because first attempt to add source link failed =(
    Who posted on Justmy2coppper

***Edited to fix nub spelling errors.
    Last edited by apbjur; 10-02-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Another Cata gold tip/idea
    Pothorian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try this out, hopefully I can finally afford a multi-passenger mount
    Thanks alot! +rep

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is your source: JustMy2Copper

Iggyz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all who CAN'T enter, Follow these steps:
    #1 Once at the caverns of time, fly down.
    #2 Find the kid named Andormu and get the quest to follow the custodian around.
    #3 Follow her around, then turn the quest in
    #4 Get the 'Old Hillsbrad' quest
    You may now enter Enjoy making your gold
    Edit:: Free alot of bag space up and you can use an auto clicker to spam this macro
    Code:
    /script local function buy (n,q) for i=1,100 do if n==GetMerchantItemInfo(i) then BuyMerchantItem(i,q) end end end buy ("Rumsey Rum Black Label",10)
    and then go afk for like 5 minutes and walk out with 1k+ (If you have alot of bag space C: )
    Edit2:: Have made upwards of 200g today (Little xD) just from this
    Last edited by Iggyz; 10-03-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an avid twink, I can confirm this works wonderfully. Best places to do it right now are any servers in the ruin, reckoning, or nightfall bgs (US) since those are the 3 main twinking bgs. Once cata comes out however, this will be even more profitable on other battlegroups as well.