Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewelcrafter's Guide Pre-Cataclysm Gold Making!

*Hello! I am making a guide regarding raking in a LOT Of gold before cataclysm. After reading about 10-20 Pages of patch note's you'll see value's of basic item's DROPPING like crazy so you want to get them sold, FAST! When patch 4.0.1 hits Live servers, This does not contain all the gold making tips but this guide is specifically for

JEWELCRAFTERS

In Patch 4.0.1 a lot of changes will occur as well as 4.0.3 The actual release of cataclysm.

First of all, Transmutes for item's will skyrocket in time, we are talking almost DAY Duration's.

Cardinal Ruby (Before Patch 4.0.1)
    Cardinal Ruby (After Patch 4.0.1)

The Transmute will now be a 1 Second Cooldown instead of 20 HOUR Cooldown, making the value of Bold Cardinal Rubies, dropping tremendously.

"Oh but it's okay, Ametrine's, Majestic Zircons are fine."

WRONG

The value of ALL Gem's will drop because of the cooldown change, you want to sell them now AND fast under cutting them by a small bit to get maximum profit while this still lasts.

Ametrine (After Patch 4.0.1)
    Ametrine (Before Patch 4.0.1)

Currently on my Realm, they are selling for about 100-150g a pop a gem, you can see these gem's falling about 50-100g depending on your Realm's Economy, the higher the population the higher the drop.

You won't really see them higher than 100 gold ever again after patch 4.0.1, take what you can before Cataclysm because there will be HUGE GOLDSINKS and you'll need that extra gold income to save your self.

You would also want to consider buying out all cheap gem's and selling them higher, this strategy is commonly used for experienced AH User's. This is only RECOMMENDED BEFORE the patch, at least a couple days before.

As many users may know, Wrath of the Lich king badges such as Triumph & Frost badges will be converted into the new point system introduced in Cataclysm. Any badges below that will be CONVERTED into GOLD!!
    • Emblem of Heroism = 5.5 gold each
    • Emblem of Valor = 5.5 gold each
    • Emblem of Conquest = 5.5 gold each
    • Badge of Justice = 1.833 gold each

This is where it requires the own KNOWLEDGE Of your realm and the economy to make this decision on how this will work in the future in Cataclysm, either you can convert your triumphs into Heroism/Valor/Conquest Badge's to purchase NEW ITEM'S and NEW GEM's or you can choose to convert all badges in to Gems and sell them pre-cataclysm patch 4.0.1!

There is a LOT OF discussion saying gem prices are going to inflate, but it is not true, Small changes like this in alchemy will definitely reduce the price... Why? well look at this logically a cheap, 20g gem being transmuted in to a SO CALLED 200g gem when 4.0.1 hits? NO! The price's will go down and fast, also a lot of gems are going to be changed to another type of stat because it has been removed and you will not have to purchase it because you already have it.

Also, remember 1 thing - when 4.0.1 comes out - people will need a lot of hit rating gems (AFAIK - all Hit-Rating talents are removed for all classes). Even before cata people will need hit rating just for the raids they've been going to for over 6 months now.

Those are the one type's of gem's you want to save up cause every thing else will be dropping, you will have virtually no HR without gemming unless from gear/stats.

I will keep this guide updated as Cataclysm Content on beta keep's rolling in.

Realm First! Illustrious Jewelcrafter This achievement as well as EVERY SINGLE PROFESSION will have this achievement available, including secondary one's. Archaeology, First Aid, Cooking, Fishing.
    Last edited by T3hDrakkus; 10-02-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Jewelcrafter's Guide Pre-Cataclysm Gold Making!
    T3hDrakkus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gem Prices, are going down 100% With Patch 4.0.1, so get selling gem's, read the conversion chart for patch 4.0.1 to help with your desicion of saving badges for gold or for gems. Best desicion is to sell them BEFORE Patch 4.0.1 because AFTER 4.0.1 10 heroism badges = 55g. Right now 10 badges can get you 100-150g per gem!

nukec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to ask you something.. When do you advice to sell new CATA crafted gems? At the start or... ? Because in few weeks, people will level, and I think after month or two prices will change a lot.. Why, because everyone will have over 30.000g(since I heard, that mobs are dropping a lot of money, and items are ofc sold for more money).. What say you? When to start gold cap earning?

T3hDrakkus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally the ideal time would be the beginning of patch 4.0.1 if cata gems are available to cut, Only the selected few people will compete for realm first jewelcrafter, crafting crappy level 81-84 gems will not be worth it save up for the high-end level 85 gem's. You can easily hit gold cap in about a week's time if you are one of the first people to have 525 JC and being able to put up level 85 gem's at HIGH prices.

Otherwise, if you are somehow able to get Cata GEM's in 4.0.1 because of some way that I do not know, I would NOT sell them right away, virtually no leveling gear and dungeon gear drops gear with socket slots open.

Hope that cleared it up.

Silverette's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide, this just made me wonder if they'll remove the cooldown from transmuting primals / eternals as well. Would you know anything about that?

sanguy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the best gems to keep and stack for the patch and for cata ? the stones who will be the most asked?

Grif's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sppose if i read it right from the post, all gems will drop in price, so tl:dr is sell all you can! ;o
    Correct me if im wrong!

sanguy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh sorry i'm not english, some miss understanding

i thinked some stats changed , and new stats will be very interessting at the patch release and after , at the cata release

Gortoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sorry but this is ridiculously untrue. I'm not sure if you are banned because it does say under your name that you are but in response:

The gem rush come patch 4.0.1 will be unprecedented. Yes big players stockpiling and alchemy changes will mean after a week or so things will settle but the demand for cardinal rubys will be higher than I can imagine. All those classes now needing +20 int and strength from cardinal rubys will mean if you can STOCKPILE CARDINAL RUBYS to be honest I dont know about other gems as I intend to make 30k within the first week of the patch on rubys alone and didnt focus on them.

DO NOT SELL CARDINAL RUBYS UNTIL 4.0.1 DROPS

sanguy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm stacking cardinal rubi , amétrine and king ambre ( dunno english word ) , i think it a good choice for patch and cata release , whats your mind?

espe89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5h30 Cooldown on transmute, wtf ?