0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koijin's gold guide Pt 1

Ok boys, this is gonna be part one of a long chain of guides i've decided to put together for you happy people at MMowned. I'm starting with something most of you would find useful, simple kill farming spots.... i use them for quick 10-20min sprees between random activity but i'm sure someone will make out some good bot paths or what not for them as well.

Some of this might be re posts but hey, i'm compiling some of my personal favorite spots to just grind out that 50g u need for that thing, or a quick way to burn 10 minutes productively while waiting on your tank to get back from dinner

Some of these spots are strange in that, no matter how hard you try they cant be cleared. Once you kill the last mob or two they start instantly respawning, its a wonderful thing. ive settled on calling theses places "super spawns" for obvious reasons lol

lets start with icecrown, i'm gonna mark a few spots on the map then them explaining individually

This one is a map with each spot marked.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_124732-jpg

1. This one is inside the marked building / altar thing Aldur'Thar.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_124539-jpg
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_124515-jpg
    These mobs kinda pack a punch as well as a knock back, but any self respecting 80 can down 15-20 of them w/o down time...... cept for warlocks/DKs/ pallys, who can mindlessly kill endlessly of course. They have a nice drop rate on cloth / greens.

The real kicker is the quest item tho, pages of a book, you can only hold 1 of each of the 3 pages at a time because they are unique but they're a whole 25s a pop, quick 7-10g for a little 3 min if your in the area. This is the first super spawn.

2. Next is what looks like a dueling ground on the north end of jotunheim.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_124754-jpg

These mobs are paired off in 2s and can be roped together in packs of 7-10 easyly.
    Again, good drop rate on cloth / greens and for being in a tight pack there is almost no travel time between pulls, probably my second favorite spot in icecrown.
    This one is also a super spawn.

3. This next one is not a super spawn as far as i can tell, they don't seem to instantly respawn tho they do have a quick timer.
    We're workin in the cave on the south edge of onslaught harbor. In side you'll find 80 elite warlock type casters. These guys have what seems like a quite high drop rate on greens, perfect.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_125345-jpg
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_124942-jpg
    The real winning thing about this one is that these mobs like to drop upwards of 1g20s in pure coin, tho i have seen then drop as low as 20s.
    This one is probably my favorite place to spend a quick 10-20 minutes if I've got a pause in w/e I'm doing.

Now on to storm peaks. lots more to show you here, I spend more time here than icecrown anyway, better farmin and more potential botting spots.

Again, starting with the map.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_125910-jpg

1. This one isnt a super spawn, but definitely a place to check out.
    head to the nice little town of Valkyrion, look for valks flying around, these fine lookin undead ladies don't drop anything special, what your after here is a gray.
    They've got 100% drop on a "poor" quality item called (dissolved soul essence).
    These bad boys vendor for a wicked 65s a pop. as a rogue i can fly up and pull 3-4 at a time soo it stacks up quick, any ranged should be able to triple my efforts easily.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_125816-jpg

They're more alive sisters are good kills to, plenty of cloth / greens.

2.On to my what was my favorite storm peaks spot, again we're in a super spawn.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130041-jpgKoijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130149-jpg

In this quiet little cave we're wrecking little iron dwarfs, these ompas have a nice drop rate on cloth / greens again, as well as a fairly high coin drop.
    I don't know how well relics of ulduar still sell with the whole badge rep thing going now but hey, these guys drop em left and right.
    This place is best used with 2 people trying to stay in opposite sides of the cave, you'll find your self killing one and have one respawning in the same spot over and over, quite entertaining.

3. Similar to #2 we're killing dwarfs again, lookin at basically the same loot table as well.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130351-jpg
    Keep in mind the 2 down the hill, one patrolling and one sitting at the camp, these have 2 be killed to keep the instant respawns going. again, a super spawn.

4.This time we're killing wailing spirits, these little guys have a measly 12k HP and drop like flies. once again, in a cave and a super spawn.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130557-jpgKoijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130755-jpg

They've got a nice drop rate on greens and crystallize fire, plus they drop grays vendor priced at 20 - 25s each, perfect bot place id think, my favorite spot in these chilly mountains.

5. Finally we end up in another cave right next to #4, again we're killin for crystallize, this time its air.
    Koijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130443-jpgKoijin's gold guide Pt 1-wowscrnshot_100110_130502-jpg

This one bugs me as a rogue, they're all up in the air floating. Ranged could round em up and knock em down but other classes would be more successful at #4 in my opinion.
    The cool thing here tho is as they die they leave a little fog cloud on the floor, stand in it for a second and you gain a 10 second 50%+ run speed buff, pretty nifty.
    I haven't been able to clear them all..... at all, let alone quick so i couldn't tell ya'll if its a super spawn or not.
    someone get a 2 man team and go find out, you know when you find a super spawn when you start spawning mobs in the same place you just killed one lol.

Well there ya go, koijin's first addition to this wonderful site, i hope it helps people. : )
    More to come soon and if you wanna know any super spawns at lower level or in other zones just PM me, i know soo many its ridicules.
    Last edited by GotLlednar; 10-02-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Koijin's gold guide Pt 1
    Iggyz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly well written, Didn't know most of these spots. +rep (:

GotLlednar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wewt, first spamm reply, i've realy made it now : )

kulker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 screen you forget to paint the name :P

Zomtorg's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TL;DR However, the first thing that caught my attention is the way you wrote your guide. All new sentences start with a Capital letter and end with punktuation. Try typing "isnt" like "isn't" and try to use more proper words. In addition, try to avoid using acronyms for example: idk,wtf,omg,etc. Add some colors and make your thread organized. Try using less screenshots, and start using links and make videos for your guides if possible. I hope this doesn't look like I'm offending you, I'm just trying to help you, so that more people can easily read your guide.

GotLlednar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went through it and edited it, what cha think now?

falQ's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just tested the elite warlock spawn.
    Setup: Average geared pvp rogue in pve spec.
    Some DID drop over one gold, but all in all its a slow spawn and they're hard to kill. some hitting over 2k dmg, so you sometimes have to rest. Not alot of fun farming them as an average guy since theyre elites.

20 mins run:
    pure gold picked: 34g
    gold in frostweave sales: ~35-40g
    npc green and crap sale: 23g
    _____
    ~87g+ per 20 min
    ~260g+ / h
    I'd say thats below average: With herbing or mining everyone (well, depending on server) can make atleast 350+/h. But its a nice little thing to do since its almost instant money, aswell as not depending on server eco.

Cheers for the post, will prolly check your other spawns now.