Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glory of The Icecrown Raider: Bloodbathed Frostbrood Drake

Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher

*How to obtain the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher. This guide takes an above average raider to understand the basic mechanics of each boss fight and how to work around some of them to earn achievements, most fight's have to be done PERFECTLY to receive the achievement.

Having done these achievements a few weeks ago with our heavily overgeared group, I figured I should make a list and quick recap of tactics for each of the individual achievements. All of these were done on Normal mode, except for Gunship.

Hard

All You Can Eat -
    By far, the most frustrating achievement. We played normally until phase 3, where the second tank would take cover behind the first Ice Block. As soon as his stacks went off he'd run in and taunt, the previous tank would take cover behind the ice block. When this tanks' stacks were gone, he'd shout out to kill the Ice Block and run in and taunt, the other tank going to the next ice block. Repeat. It's mostly a matter of control. We lost this one week because someone lagged and didn't notice he blew the stacks. To combat this, I reccomend the addon Smorgasbord. Just remember to turn it off if you're not doing the achievement or you'll see massive amounts of spam.
    Medium

Been Waiting a Long Time for This -
    Have the first person who gets the plague dispel it outside the group and just stack the remaining diseases. Nothing to hard, per se, but if you skip over 30 (say, having a 29 merge with a 2 giving you 31), you fail it, and it takes a bit of time. Furthermore, if you're short on DPS the Enrage timer might become troublesome.
    Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion... -
    Simply don't slow the slimes. If you're not well geared bump this up a bit, as I imagine that, for a non-horribly overgeared group, this one could be pretty painful. The abom still has to eat the goo, but this does give him time to help out with DPS more, hurrying the fight along.
    Full House -
    First, pray to your god of choice to make the RNG kind. This one can be very frustrating if you don't get the right mobs turned. Empowered adherents don't count, by the way, so feel free to kill those. We had a hunter kite the deformed around and our OT simply kept aggro on the other mobs and ran around. This does mean your MT will not have a lot of threat, so be careful. If you feel safe doing it, you could have your OT taunt off aswell, but then you have to make sure no one uses any abilities that deal even incidental AoE damage.
    Portal Jockey -
    Do this with 4 healers, if possible. Send 3 in through the portals everytime. It makes the fight go by faster, though you might have some DPS issues if your group isn't quite that well geared yet.
    Dances with Oozes -
    I'm not sure how hard this is in a properly geared group. You can either merge 2 small ones into a big one, and merge that with another big one, still only increasing the stack by one, or doing what we did - simply leave everyone out and nuking on the boss, only having an OT ready in case a few melee get it and it grows in size.
    Easy

Flu Shot Shortage -
    Have the first two people who get the debuff run out. Then, the next time, have the peopel that got the first batch run out and everyone should have one stack. Then for the third and final, have everyone clump up. Should someone get the debuff twice in a row, just make sure they run out on the third. This one's a bit RNG, I suppose - I guess there's a chance the same person gets the debuff 3 times in which case, just wipe it up and try again. The damage should be fairly easy to heal through.
    Once Bitten, Twice Shy -
    Not a very hard achievement, in fact, many will get it incidentally. That said, just arrange bite orders properly and if someone doesn't want to get bit, make sure they don't attack the boss until the first bite's gone out. If you can get her down in Heroic, you should not have any issues with biting the 'wrong' people. Will take more than one run to get, however.
    I'm on a Boat -
    Split the raid into half. We left the cannoners on our ship at all times, so each jumping group consisted of 4 players - though you can arrange 5 peopel to jump, if you so chose. Have the first group jump the first two times, and then the second group the last two. After they land the second time, make sure they stay put on the ship in case there's a fifth freeze. Furthermore, don't have them jump around on the ship - It might count as landing an extra time.
    Incidental

These ones you, essentially, get by killing the boss in question normally. If you're capable of doing the heroic modes, you probably have the achievements already. But, in case not...

Boned -
    Make sure that everyone attacks the bone spikes immedeatly. This can be rough in heroic because of the spikes popping up in the Bone Storm phase aswell, so you might want to do it on normal.
    I've Gone and Made a Mess -
    Avoid the beasts like the plague, and don't stand to clumped up. Getting 3 debuffs is common in the Heroic version of the fight, so again, I advice doing this on normal.
    The Orb Whisperer -
    Make sure that the tank on Prince Keleseth has his stacks high, and soak as much as possible of the empower flame orbs when the fire guy has the orb.
    Removed

Neck-Deep in Vile -
    This one's not required for the Meta anymore, and as such I haven't done it. It appearently requires pretty heavy ranged AoE stacking, but I really can't comment. It looks pretty rough, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EXTRA INFORMATION:

Obtaining this mount is ideal before cataclysm.

1) It will no longer be available
    2) It is a 310% Mount so it will scale all your mounts to 310% when Cataclysm hit's otherwise you'll pay 5,000g fee
    3) One of the coolest mount's ever available to date.

This guide will work even if your not over-heavily geared, the hardest achievement is clearing 11/12 Heroic ICC 10.

Heroic: Storming the Citadel
    Heroic: The Plagueworks
    Heroic: The Crimson Hall
    Heroic: The Frostwing Halls

^ hardest, otherwise doing the other achievements is easy.

Please leave any information regarding any tips or different strategies you used it will contribute well and I will update the thread, thanks.

if you have used the guide & it has worked well please also comment below.

Credits:
    Myself
    Warpath-Guild
    WoW-Head (Linking Drake)
    Last edited by T3hDrakkus; 10-01-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Glory of The Icecrown Raider: Bloodbathed Frostbrood Drake
    abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Links to the achievs would be great.
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

wowregister's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this +rep

My guild about to down Sindy, and needed this
    My signature has been Parogified.

T3hDrakkus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Links to all achievements have been added just scan over it, abhorsenjay.

Please remember; This did take quite some time to write do not plagiarize this was all hand-written. Little thing's like adding links to everything is very time consuming be considerate only copy & paste with permission.

Originally Posted by wowregister View Post
    Thanks for posting this +rep

My guild about to down Sindy, and needed this
    No problem, thank you very much for +Rep.
    Last edited by T3hDrakkus; 09-30-2010 at 10:47 PM.

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by T3hDrakkus View Post
    Hard

All You Can Eat -
    By far, the most frustrating achievement. We played normally until phase 3, where the second tank would take cover behind the first Ice Block. As soon as his stacks went off he'd run in and taunt, the previous tank would take cover behind the ice block. When this tanks' stacks were gone, he'd shout out to kill the Ice Block and run in and taunt, the other tank going to the next ice block. Repeat. It's mostly a matter of control. We lost this one week because someone lagged and didn't notice he blew the stacks. To combat this, I reccomend the addon Smorgasbord. Just remember to turn it off if you're not doing the achievement or you'll see massive amounts of spam.
    The easiest way to do this is just to zerg her.

Let me explain. Last time we did this we got RNG'ed for 2 hours using the normal tactics and having the tanks switch every single one. After that we got fed up with it and decided to just zerg it. We had our offtank(me) go dps and 1 healer go dps aswell. So we only had 1 tank(drood) and 1healer(paladin) and 8dps. Just DPS it down to 38~39% and let it go to the airfase, call for stop DPS earlier. For some reason when she's 37% or below she wont go up but p3 wont start untill 35%. During the airfase the dots should take care of another 2~3% depending on how many dots there are. When she comes down instantly pop hero/BL and just tunnelvision the boss down.

Be warned with this you most likely only get 1 chance. When the healer gets one of the first iceblocks in p3, instantly call it a wipe and retry. The healing here can be hectic but is totaly doable aslong as everyone watch their stacks, basicly dont go over 4~5 stacks untill you get into p3, the dps might be bit lower overall but since you got 2 extra dps it should be np.

Our gear was mostly 264 from 25mans and quite a few 277. But this tactic has been done since the 10% buff and in ICC10 only gear.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Ube @ Outland - Profile
    The gear was about the same when i tried it, only major change was my PP trinket was a greatness card and the cloack was from Bloodprinces 10man and the neck was the non-hc version. The raids gearlevel was about the same, minus the lolmourne ofc :P.

All in all good guide. I have to disagree tho that getting the HC kills as stated in the extra info are the hardest bits. The hardest is sindra meta achievement. The 3 chieves stated in incidental you will most likely get by default, we do even on 8/10 times on heroic kills. Also might wanna add that the "Neck-deep in Vile" is required for 25man.

edit: +rep ofc
    Last edited by BlodyWarior; 10-01-2010 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlodyWarior View Post
    The easiest way to do this is just to zerg her.

Let me explain. Last time we did this we got RNG'ed for 2 hours using the normal tactics and having the tanks switch every single one. After that we got fed up with it and decided to just zerg it. We had our offtank(me) go dps and 1 healer go dps aswell. So we only had 1 tank(drood) and 1healer(paladin) and 8dps. Just DPS it down to 38~39% and let it go to the airfase, call for stop DPS earlier. For some reason when she's 37% or below she wont go up but p3 wont start untill 35%. During the airfase the dots should take care of another 2~3% depending on how many dots there are. When she comes down instantly pop hero/BL and just tunnelvision the boss down.

Be warned with this you most likely only get 1 chance. When the healer gets one of the first iceblocks in p3, instantly call it a wipe and retry. The healing here can be hectic but is totaly doable aslong as everyone watch their stacks, basicly dont go over 4~5 stacks untill you get into p3, the dps might be bit lower overall but since you got 2 extra dps it should be np.

Our gear was mostly 264 from 25mans and quite a few 277. But this tactic has been done since the 10% buff and in ICC10 only gear.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Ube @ Outland - Profile
    The gear was about the same when i tried it, only major change was my PP trinket was a greatness card and the cloack was from Bloodprinces 10man and the neck was the non-hc version. The raids gearlevel was about the same, minus the lolmourne ofc :P.

All in all good guide. I have to disagree tho that getting the HC kills as stated in the extra info are the hardest bits. The hardest is sindra meta achievement. The 3 chieves stated in incidental you will most likely get by default, we do even on 8/10 times on heroic kills. Also might wanna add that the "Neck-deep in Vile" is required for 25man.

edit: +rep ofc

I wrote this guide On WoW-Head a while ago heh, that's why it was when the buff was at 10-15% not 30%.

And thanks again for +Rep.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better +Rep

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually a very nice guide. Well organized, good content, pretty colors. You get +Rep from me =)

cania2010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide ye. We just did this in my guild with our alts since our mains already had it and we had learned alot from doing it the first time. The one for sindragosa. Well.. it can work. But tbh we just zerged her ass. 1 pala healer, 1 pala tank and 8 dps's with melee's just reseting damage stack before Last phase. As soon as we hit 35% we popped blood lust and ignored everything (people getting tombed ofcourse ran to the side to not freeze others, but they didnt get dps'ed) and just totally ignored unchained magic since sindra needs to be killed before they blow up if you zerg. Managed to do it while only just hitting the 5th stack. nice and simple. Just a tip for people out there.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, and pics would make this better as well if you have the time.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your request is my command, . I Will have pictures when I next do ICC 10.

P.S:

Please request other guides, would you like

Glory of the hero? [Red Proto-Drake]
    Glory of the ulduar raider? [Rusted Proto-Drake]

Sorry if the achievement names above are not right I am not quite sure what the exact name is but I know the rewards.

If you are wondering how to do the ICC 25 Drake, it just takes more coordination with more people, same goes for the 25 man ulduar drake.

Please do request more guides.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump!!!?!?!??!!
    Last edited by T3hDrakkus; 10-02-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Pharia's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player) - Achievement - World of Warcraft

Please remember; This did take quite some time to write do not plagiarize this was all hand-written. Little thing's like adding links to everything is very time consuming be considerate only copy & paste with permission.
    Don't pretend like you've made a big effort posting this. The majority of it is a blatant copy & paste with some fancy titles and colours. And please, don't retort saying that that Wowhead post was written by yourself because it wasn't. You clearly said you had only done the meta achievement a couple weeks ago, yet the post you copied this from was made in January.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pharia View Post
    Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player) - Achievement - World of Warcraft

Don't pretend like you've made a big effort posting this. The majority of it is a blatant copy & paste with some fancy titles and colours. And please, don't retort saying that that Wowhead post was written by yourself because it wasn't. You clearly said you had only done the meta achievement a couple weeks ago, yet the post you copied this from was made in January.
    It is my post, I can prove it I'll add you as friend on WoWhead and PM you, don't even think about accusing me of plagiarism.

Psyonix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the mounts >WOUNT GET REMOVED<.Was in a blue post on mmo-champ a few weeks/months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast