2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate Guide to Multi-BoxTTing

Well i decided to post it and upload the pictures, so enjoy.
    Sorry about the colors if they kill you.

THE FORMATTING WILL BE WIERD SINCE I COPY/PASTED FROM MY WORD DOC.

WoW Multi-BoxTTing with Honorbuddy and Pwnboxer (For Mmowned.com)

CONTENTS
    1. Introduction
    2. Recruit-A-Friend
    3. Pwnboxer and Multi-boxing
    4. Honorbuddy and Pwnboxer
    5. Setting up Jamba
    6. TOS/EULA Problems
    7. Credits

Introduction

Well to start things off, I’m not retarded. I realize it says Multi-BoxTTing. I did this because what I’m going to teach you today is how to Multi-Box by pretty much ONLY touching one character. Basically, you play one character (usually a healer) while your other character(s) (usually DPS) attack and kill things. The advantage of using the method I’m writing up is that you will never have to use any macro and you will never have to click on the mini 2nd screen or alt tab if you don’t Multi-box to loot or accept/turn in quests. Basically you get to play one character, while “your friend” (Honorbuddy) plays the other. All you have to do is heal him/her, except when you feel like doing damage. Using this method is sort of pricey, but is DEFINETLY worth the money in the ease it brings to Multi-Boxing or just leveling two accounts. Before I came up with this method it took me hours to complete gathering quests and travel having to worry about clicking my “follow” macro or my “assist macro” or clicking the right buttons at the right time. Now I don’t have to worry at all! I can just play like I’m solo, but get the help of a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th character in killing things. Also, I was going to enter this into the guide competition, but I was too late :P.

The programs that are used in this guide are:

-Honorbuddy 1.3.44

-Honorbuddy is the bot that will be running our 2nd character while we run the first one. It is
    very cheap for the help it brings in this (and just plain botting). To purchase you must visit http://www.honorbuddy.com (I’d love it if you used my referral ID! Which is: “AB-352”. I’m not exactly where to put that in, just somewhere would be great haha.)

-Pwnboxer (latest version)

-Pwnboxer is the program that is not REQUIRED necessary but is a huge help for positioning and sending a few keystrokes that we need on both World of Warcrafts. It is also used for fast game switching, layout of wow, auto-focus on mouse hover, and an easier way to log in. I highly suggest you purchase this. It can be purchased at http://www.pwnboxer.com (I’d love it if you used my referral link! Which is: http://pwnboxer.com/?link=specnerg6)

-Jamba (WoW-Addon/Latest version)

-This is a FREE WoW add-on that will assist your multi-BoxTTing and questing amazingly! I will go through on how to set it up in-game and get it working just right for your works. This add- on helps you share/accept/turn in quests that you have on both characters and also auto-sell all poor quality items that you loot. By the way, this was created by the owner and creator of Pwnboxer. The owner (so I’ve heard) also was one of the original creators of WoW-Head but has sold it in the past. This can be downloaded for FREE at http://wow.jafula.com.

-Two to five WoW accounts

-Using just one account will have not get aided by my guide, common sense. More than five accounts will be unable to do because of not being able to complete quests while in a raid, and having parties only allowing five people. Once again, common sense. This guide will work with trial accounts if you were wondering, but I have five running accounts right now and it’s much easier than trials.

Recruit-A-Friend

Recruit-A-Friend (RAF) is a Blizzard created way to level 3x faster to level 60 with your buddy, while receiving rewards in-game. Using RAF will SAVE YOU MONEY believe it or not, while also giving you a sick in-game mount. The way that RAF will save you money is here:
    1. Create and activate Account 1.

2. Recruit Account 2 via the RAF page from www.worldofwarcraft.com.

3. Create and activate Account 2 USING THE KEY THAT WAS IN THE RAF EMAIL to make sure that you receive all the RAF benefits.

4. Both accounts will get a free month for activating Vanilla WoW, so when those are almost up, purchase one-three months on ACCOUNT 2.

5. Doing this will activate the RAF benefits, giving Account 1 another free month, and if you pay for three months on Account 2 (maybe 2 months, not sure) then you will get an exclusive in-game two person rocket flying mount.

6. You now have received four total months of playing time across the accounts, for the price of one month.

Obviously this will help everyone; it sure helped me with paying for my five accounts.

Pwnboxer and Multi-Boxing

If you are actually doing this tutorial, you should have bought Pwnboxer already. If not, I highly suggest you go buy it now. The few things I use this are for sending keys across multiple WoWs, positioning my WoWs and removing the borders from being in windowed, for fast game switching, and also for auto-focusing when I hover over a specific WoW. I do not remember exactly what it looks like right when you open it for the first time, but I do know that you must enter in the key that you received in your email and register it to your computer. When you first open it up, it should look SOMETHING like this (not exactly because I have changed the settings to my preference):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This probably will be relatively confusing to you at first, but don’t worry! I’ll help you through it. First of all, you need to do the following:
    1. Set the “Number of Games” to the amount you’re playing (two in this tutorial).

2. Now under “Click Boxes To Configure Game Settings:” click the box (should be red for you) and it will bring up this:

Note: “Autofill this username” will be enabled once this game path is set.
    3. All you need to do is set “Auto fill this username” and your game path. But you can screw around with other settings also.

4. Do this for every account you’re using until all the boxes are checked like in my picture.

5. Enable “Fast Game Switch” then click settings and set a couple hotkeys (I use F8 and F9). These hotkeys will make it so the bigger screen your using, can be switched between Account 1 and Account 2.

6. Check “Remove Windows Border”. There is no need for the borders.

7. Check “Enable Key Broadcasting”. Then click “Configure Keys”.

8. You will see something like:

9. Check “Use this configuration”. Check “Broadcast all keys, but” then empty the list box on the right. So all it says now is “<Add New Key>”.

10. This will be used to login and enter the game. This if for if your accounts (and they should) have the same password. Next, click the “Custom #1” tab.

11. Now check “Broadcast only these keys”.

12. Click “<Add New Key>”. Add these keys:
    -B (Or Shift+B, something to open all your bags)
    -Space bar (Or whatever your jump button is)
    -0 (For me this is the button that I have Hearthstone on, so just choose a button that will only be for Hearthing.
    -You can also add any spells that Honorbuddy does not use, but you want used. But you shouldn’t have to deal with this. HB will use all the good abilities.

13. “Custom #1” will be used once in-game. SO MAKE SURE TO DISABLE “Basic Sample” and ENABLE “Custom #1” ONCE IN-GAME!

14. Click “OK” and you’re finished with those settings.

15. Make sure “Enable Mouse Broadcasting” is UNCHECKED. Or you will crash, and you don’t need it anyways.

16. Check “Autofocus Game on Mouse Hover”.

17. Check “Running Game Windows Movement”.

18. Disable “Num Lock Locking”.

19. Go to the list box that’s called “Select Layout Mode:” and click “Mode 1”. Arrange your screens to however your liking. It should tell you that you have to rename it. I just named it 2.

20. If all is done correctly, it should look like this:

21. Hit “Start All Games” and test out logging in. Here’s a short video of me doing it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C2NNI8_Lxs
    I don’t know why it’s going so damn fast… but whatever, it gets the idea across.

Honorbuddy and Pwnboxer

Honorbuddy (HB) mixed with Pwnboxer is the ultimate solution to Multi-Boxing. Without HB it’s extremely complicated and time consuming, but NO MORE! With HB integrated along with Pwnboxer, you will never EVER have to click the second screen to:
    -Loot
    -Get unstuck
    -Get/Accept/Finish Quests
    It’s quite amazing actually, and you will be very happy you gained all this extra time. So I expect that you’ve bought and downloaded HB right now. Now I’ll take you through the steps of setting up HB and Pwnboxer together.
    1. Finish the Pwnboxer tutorial until you’re all the way logged into both accounts.

2. Go to the HB forums and download ANY RANDOM PROFILE THAT HAS AN INCLUDED .mesh FILE! YOU NEED THE .mesh! The profile I use is http://www.buddyforum.de/showthread.php?46-Horde-1-60-by-bliik.

3. Start HB and attach it to the character that you’re NOT playing.

4. Click “Load Profile” and load the .xml.

5. Click the dropdown box and choose “RAF”.

6. Click the “Profile & Meshes” tab. Click “Clear Mesh”. Click “Load Mesh” and then choose your .mesh file.

7. Click the “Settings” tab and clear everything except mount, click use mount and write your mounts name in if you have one. Change “Follow Distance” to 5. Should look like this:

8. Click “Start” on the main tab and you won’t see anything happen in-game. This is good.

9. Have your main character invite the character with HB attached into your party, and then accept it.

10. Start running around on your main character, if your alt does not follow you, you did something wrong.

11. Congratulations, you now have finished the hard part of this tutorial.

Setting up Jamba

I expect you have downloaded Jamba AND put it into your add-ons folder. Go in-game on both of your characters and follow these steps to get it working right.
    NOTE: You must MANUALLY do this on BOTH characters, with the same settings.
    1. In-game, type “/Jamba”

2. It will bring up its UI and now click the little + next to “Team” then click “Core: Team”.

3. Since you are on your main now, make sure it says you’re the master, now click “add” and type in the name of Account 2’s character and make sure it says slave.

4. The rest of the settings should look like this:

5. You now can leave “Core: Tags” as is, there’s no reason to screw with it. Now click “Display: Team”. I play with this disabled, but if you want it up, you can enable it and screw with it yourself.

6. Under “Follow” make sure that “Auto Follow After Combat” is UNCHECKED! Because you will never actually be in-game following.

7. Click the – next to team and then click the + next to quest.

8. Copy these settings for the first option, “Quest”.

NOTE: You can hold shift while talking to a quest giver to disable the Auto-Completion/etc.

9. Click “Quest: Completion” and copy the following settings.

10. Click “Quest: Watcher” and copy these settings:

NOTE: For the settings you can’t see, just leave them default for this section.
    11. Click – on Quest and + on Merchant.

12. Leave “Purchase” at default, now click “Sell: Greys”.

13. Have “Hold alt while selling…” be disabled. You can enable if you want, I just don’t.

14. Make sure “Auto Sell Poor Quality Items” is enabled (So at low levels put on your gear before you go to a vendor).

15. And the rest of it is your choice.

16. Click the – next to “Merchant”. Leave “Interaction” and “Combat” at defaults.

17. You can fiddle around under “Toon” but I mainly leave it as default.

18. Under “Chat” I haven’t really got the relaying to work, so I just leave it as default, but if you want to get it to work you can keep trying, I encourage you too and post it so I’ll add it here.

19. “Macro” can be left at defaults.

20. “Profiles” does not really need to be messed with.

21. Under “Advanced” copy the following:

22. The other two sub-topics can be left default.

23. Make sure you have done all these on BOTH toons! Or it won’t work right!

TOS/EULA Problems

I haven’t exactly researched or talked to GM’s about this subject. But I do believe it is classified as botting and it’s a bannable offence. If you get banned, it is in no way, shape, or form, my fault, or any of these programs creators fault. It is most likely YOUR fault for acting stupid with these programs. If you just follow my guide, you shouldn’t get banned as long as you’re the one playing the main character, and watching the alt.

Credits
    I must give credits to every single person who has helped me over the years of my botting and hacking. But mainly to these people below:
    1. This tutorial: Me (SpecnerG). http://www.mmowned.com/forums/members/160796-specnerg.html Also my name might be changed soon.. not sure yet, but I’ll edit if it does.
    2. Jamba: Jafula. http://wow.jafula.com/
    3. Honorbuddy: Bossland? http://honorbuddy.com/
    4. Pwnboxer: Tim? http://www.pwnboxer.com
    5. And of course, Blizzard for making this great game.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and that it helps a lot of people, too bad I couldn’t get this into the competition haha. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM ME! Do not AIM me about this unless I specify otherwise.
    Last edited by SacredSpenny; 10-23-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Ultimate Guide to Multi-BoxTTing
    SacredSpenny's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many views and no feed back? Come on guys

Freeman2206's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, thanks for giving us a guide how to setup pwnbox and jamba.
    Personal, i m missing some kind of setup for the toons und how to DO it.
    Setting pwnbox&jamba up is kind of simple. getting it to run perfectly and max DPS is hard.

Reqflcupcake's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide gj.

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Freeman2206 View Post
    hi, thanks for giving us a guide how to setup pwnbox and jamba.
    Personal, i m missing some kind of setup for the toons und how to DO it.
    Setting pwnbox&jamba up is kind of simple. getting it to run perfectly and max DPS is hard.
    Hey thanks for the reply. I'll set up a video of how i box my 5 pallies here pretty soon to help you out

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro tools, nice and indepth.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't read it because it's currently not one of my interests, but I would recommend that you post the full guide on this forum instead of in a downloadable text guide. Here's why:

1) MMOwned benefits more from having the full guides on our forums because it helps improve our Search Engine Optimization. Whilst on the topic of searching, it also makes it easier for those performing searches on MMOwned to detect whether or not what they are about to post is a repost.

2) People are more likely to read (and rep you) if the information is easier to access and right in front of their eyes.

Still thanks for contributing to MMOwned

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do that but i dont like taking the time to upload so many images and reformatting the whole thing :P But thanks for the suggestion

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATED! Posted the guide on the thread with pics. PLEASE give me feedback i worked very hard on this. I will def remake when cata comes around incase it needs to be changed. Sorry for the wall of text!

FoxxNoxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (67%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Ive found some really nice guides here bout botting in warcraft, including this one SpecnerG.
    Now, i've become very interested in this but i cant seem to get my head around the security factor. Blizz can ban by ip and mac adress... Even if this is not proven, it's best to be safe than sorry.

What steps would i need to take to keep my accounts safe on lets say a multibox setup of 2 pcs, running each 5 wow accounts?
    I see how you could change the ip and mac on the pc, but what about the 4 other accounts on each pc? They share the same one right?

Thanks for the feedback. Hope it can help others aswell...

camcam22's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldnt risk it, blizzard are always finding new ways to catch you out.

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FoxxNoxx View Post
    Hi,

Ive found some really nice guides here bout botting in warcraft, including this one SpecnerG.
    Now, i've become very interested in this but i cant seem to get my head around the security factor. Blizz can ban by ip and mac adress... Even if this is not proven, it's best to be safe than sorry.

What steps would i need to take to keep my accounts safe on lets say a multibox setup of 2 pcs, running each 5 wow accounts?
    I see how you could change the ip and mac on the pc, but what about the 4 other accounts on each pc? They share the same one right?

Thanks for the feedback. Hope it can help others aswell...
    Well multiboxing is NOT against the rules so you dont have to worry about that, but for botting them you just got to make sure your bot works well, and that you download some addons (they make them for gatherbuddy) like auto-reply to whispers, or notify on GM whisper.. etc.

DjKuja's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw someone doing this today. Please use your brains if you don't want to get caught. 2 guys running 100% same SMALL path non-stop is asking to get your ass banned :P

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DjKuja View Post
    Saw someone doing this today. Please use your brains if you don't want to get caught. 2 guys running 100% same SMALL path non-stop is asking to get your ass banned :P
    Thats why i play the main character and bot the rest If you wanna bot all 5 just get a good profile and space the "Follow Distance" to look like its a /follow

ladygamer's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/14
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm def gonna try this out when I have more time, +rep for your effort, thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast