Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to play the Fish Market.

Prologue:

Assuming MrFishIt will still work come 4.0.1, all of the knowledge presented in this post can be carried over into Cata, the names and prices are pretty much meaningless.

P.S - The Sha'tar EU is an Anomaly in terms of fish.

At a first glance, the fish market seems fairly dull, doesnt it? A few varieties being sold without a care in the world over the Auction House.

Those of you that are new to MrFishIt, like myself may not yet have understood the true potential you have in monopolising not just the auction house, but earning the respect of individual clients as well.

This guide will go through these steps with my own knowledge from using MrFishIt for the past few weeks.

First of all, I recommend finding a fair, medium sized PvE server.

Most of you will know what comes next - the fishing itself. I highly recommend MrFishIt for getting the job done with what I'm about to go through.

But the fishing strategies.. locations, optimization of wintergrasp timers and so forth in aforementioned threads are not what I'm gonna be explaining either.

I guarantee the auction house is a lesser tool in the fish market to earning cash from fishing, than the main source of income - Individual clients.

What to do when you stumble on a potential buyer:

- Dont hound the guy for instant sales, you'll scare him off or just leave it as a one time sale, depends how desperate you are.

- Be relaxed, and comfortable with your client. Flexibility is key - say for instance you're selling thirty stacks of nettlefish for 35g p/20. The end result comes to 1,050g.

Remember, you're the one exploiting the game here, you arent similar to any other fish sellers (Provided they arent using bots either). You dont have to put any effort in whatsoever to making sure that your fish bot gets what you need, when you need.

Be flexible. Act professional around your customer, it really does work. It's impossible to be detected as a noob inside a whole new professionalism unless you act like one.

Give discounts. Crunch some numbers at the end of the sale and make sure you're giving your client the most comfortable deal as possible.

The irony of this whole situation is, that you ARE catching fish. They just live on land, and talk.

Once you've made sure the client is settled into your deal, this is what makes you the gold at the end of the day - customer satisfaction.

If he's satisfied with the deal, what's say he wont come back and ask for more bulk deals of fish, maybe deals that are even bigger than the last. Sure, it doesnt have to be straight away, but you're not exactly going to be in a hurry to collect supplies - as once again, you're the one exploiting the game.

Of course, client deals make you instant gold, in large portions. But there are things that make the cash flow - just a little bit more neat.

Think of it this way:

You are a resto dr00d. You have two abilities to ensure a safe profit: Healing Touch, and Rejuvination.

Now, for the love of god. You do the math. With combined AH sales active that'll be dripping away giving you, say 200-300g a day in sales, AND having clients coming back and forth with bulk orders,

You've just learnt Regrowth. K-ching.

Now, i've been using MrFishIt for a week. I've fished for three nights, on and off, and I'm starting to slip into getting client sales.

Remember, the more clients you get orders from, the more recognisable you are as a monopoly. The more recognition you get, the more gold you're going to fork in.

Think this is actually hard to do? You need three things and three things only to make a good 10,000g in a week or two:

- A free guild bank.
    - MrFishIt
    - What you've just learned.

On the few servers i've been playing on looking around at the markets, the fishing market is depleated, to say the least.

This may not be the case on some servers, but by picking out a low-medium Pop PvE realm, I assure you, you will make a lot of gold over time.

-

Why cant I just stick to the auction house?

A: Sticking to the auction house is pretty much letting water leak through your ceiling. It's coming down but there's still a hell of a lot left to descend.

Starting to develop client relationships, you are taking it up a whole new level, and taking the initiative to grab a mallet and break a whole through the ceiling.

Mallet = Cash flow.

While making this guide alone, i've made 750g in client orders, and this week alone i've made 8,000g.

Like I said, this is just plain and simple advice. No strategic measures you have to take.

Hope this helps out somebody!

-Z
    Last edited by Zolascius1; 09-26-2010 at 08:20 PM.

How to play the Fish Market.
    cania2010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really great work dude! Plus Rep from my side, and keep up the good work!

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really really server dependent, not only do you need "clients" but you also need the AH price to be going for a high amount so you can make a decent profit.

Most servers won't even have a wotlk fish stack selling for more than 10g and many people who have cooking will already have a backlog of spices so they will either fish their own or get what they need when they do the fishing daily.

Not that this isn't a good guide but really, worst possible time to post this.

Zolascius1's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vixxi View Post
    Really really server dependent, not only do you need "clients" but you also need the AH price to be going for a high amount so you can make a decent profit.

Most servers won't even have a wotlk fish stack selling for more than 10g and many people who have cooking will already have a backlog of spices so they will either fish their own or get what they need when they do the fishing daily.

Not that this isn't a good guide but really, worst possible time to post this.
    Nettlefish.. glacials and musselback sculpin are all going for between 35-39 p/20 on The Sha'tar EU.

Baring in mind deals with clients are slightly cheaper, for instance in a deal I did recently, sold 30 stacks (x10 for each WG fish) for 750g.

I'm surprised, 10g? Never seen prices that low before.

Anyhow, this guide isnt all about the now, per say. The concept carries over into Cataclysm whatever type of fish you want to call it. Players and the Auction House will still exist :P

-Z

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i'm not saying it's a bad guide or that it can't be applied in the future. It's just very server dependent and posting this at the end of an expansion was not the best time. There is also no point quoting everything i say if no one else replied.

noes's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    3/8
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got into this market, and this will help alot thanks +rep!

Zolascius1's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, still waiting on that +Rep noes :P

-Z

IMU7899's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nettlefish on my server per stack are going for 5g or less. Glacial salmon is 20g or less..

Awesome guide but as said, VERY server dependent.

m4gicman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing this for over two months now started out just selling the fish because i didnt have my cooking leveled but that wasnt really good enough for me so i started making them into fish feasts and just buying the northern spices (there like 65s ea on my server) and selling stacks of fish feasts... In the start this seems like a really good idea your making alot and you continue to make alot for awhile on my server feasts started out at 6g ea but soon they were down to 3g or less its all about supply and demand think if your fishing up 500 muscle back, nettlefish, and glacial salmon which is making me 250 feasts a day (somedays i could make 500+)now in the start i could sell 250 a day easy within a few min usually just posting in trade chat but now ive sold 1k+ feasts to all the better guilds on my server and they no longer need them because that will last forever. So ive resorted back to undercuting people in the AH which has just driven the price down, given i still make a profit because im really not doing anything but buying 65s spices. Point is just remember that after awhile you run out of people to sell too because at some point your supply beats out the demand.... I have over 3k feasts just sitting in a guild bank right now and pretty much will sell them to anyone who offers lol kinda got off track with feasts cause your selling the individual fish but same principle.
    Last edited by m4gicman; 09-28-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Emanuel095's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem I have right now is finding clients.. What is the best way to find them? I currently only got one that I am selling daily fish to, but I got so much fish that I could sell

+Rep anyways
    A wise person once said: If it's close why not reach out and grab it and stick it in your mouth

PullTheTrolly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got about 500 stacks of fish feast made and so far i've sold some 200 stacks, atm I can't find any more buyers... Any tips? Playing on a medium server, horde side, 80% horde. Not really any competition of the sales but noone seems to snap at it. Even when I advertise for 4g per feast :/