0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zg tiger boss on an undergeared paladin tank

I'm sure this will work for other classes, and it sort of piggybacks on the door bug alot of people are posting, I've searched and if this is a double, my apologies.

Anyways I have a severely undergeared prot pally (28k health JUST barely def cap, no avoidance ect.) and I attempted to do thekal the regular way... with my gear, well.. the boss and his buddies couldnt kill me... but I could never get them below 50% because of the heals..

So i decided to give the door bug explained in many threads here a shot, the problem is, alot of times if you re-aggro too quickly he no longer resets on the threshold, and you have to run out of the instance.

So I gave it one final short the regular way using hoj/arcane torrent to interupt heals, and after 25 mins was bored and tried to run out..

That's when i learned something.. when I was attempting this, I managed to kill both the adds at one point or another, but not thekal himself... when I gave up and ran out the door... thekal followed me, his adds reset like they normally would have if you ran them to the threshold.

So far I'm 4 weeks using this strat... it's alot slower then bugging via the door but if you get it to where they dont reset when you cross the threshold.. run back in, kill both adds, and then when they rez run back across teh threshold and they will reset and run back, thekal will not, blam phase 3.

I don't know if this will help anybody out there, as it would only really affect undergeared people who cant aoe the mobs down, or cant get the door thing to work without a thousand attempts, but since the instance is being removed I've been trying to get it done on all of my undergeared alts, so I figured I would share.

zg tiger boss on an undergeared paladin tank
    Johnnydk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think that the door bug is better,but this one could be really useful too.
    I will +Rep if you post a video showing how you do it.

Whatnameisntinuse's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know much about video editing, and rep isnt a huge issue to me, just wanted to help people out.

Basically you have to clear the 2 trash packs on the left and right side, like you always have for any of the bug strats, make sure you kill the mini-tigers first, or they run around aggroing everything.

Then you mount up, pull thekal and turn around and run out the threshold of the naze of shivrella or w/e.. now there are strats to bug him this way, but if you run out and run back in too soon, then the tigers re-aggro you, thekal and both his helpers.. again, only this time they do not reset when you run past the threshhold.

So what I do when this happens, is simply run back to where thekal was originally, and slowly (because i am massivly undergeared) kill off the healer, sometimes I get the rogue as well... but once the healer dies the rest is cake... thekal or the other add will rez her, once she is rezzed (or they both rez) you simply run out the naze again, like you did originally, and she drops aggro and resets so long as you dont run back in. then you just kill the other add/thekal like normal, during phase 2 I just had my back against the wall on the outside of the naze so i didnt get knockback, I did end up picking up one of the roidburger trolls that pat out front, but it was easy.

works every time, as I said, prolly better to attempt the door despawn bug, and this only applies to a few people, but if the door bug doesnt work for you, this is a very easy way to get it done, best of luck to you all, my main just got the tiger today

This website has helped me alot with tips and tricks, so every time I find something I try to help others out.
    Last edited by Whatnameisntinuse; 09-25-2010 at 04:43 PM.

paexqq's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one really helped me out! thanks a lot