0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10,000g as a Level 10

First and foremost, most of this information is already available to the public. I'm not posting to get rep or anything of the sort. I've been a long time lurker and feel like I should contribute. I'm creating this guide is to show people how I made 10,000g in 5 days as a level 10 without any assistance from friends or another character. I see a lot of guides on MMOwned about how to make gold and most of them are either for high level characters or out of date. There are gold guides that start at level 1 and there is also a fish guide for level 20+ characters using Deviate Fish, I have found neither of these methods to be as consistent or make me as much gold. So without further adieu I'll get into it.

Requirements:
    Alright, I'll begin by stating you will need a few things for this method to work.
    -Wrath of the Lich King
    -A Level 10 or Higher Character
    -MrFishIt(This isn't 'needed' but I recommend it.)

Method:
    The main method of farming the gold is through fishing in Wintergrasp, while being zoned in Dragonblight. It's fairly common knowledge that this can be done, but I'm going to show you how to do it on a level 10 and tell you what I did personally to achieve 10,000g step by step.

Leveling:
    The leveling portion is pretty straight forward. This guide will work for anyone 10 or above, but you have to get to level 10 first.

I recommend that while you're leveling you get the profession Mining. The reason for this is because it is a very easy way to get 20-40g with little effort and it will be easier to travel with some gold. Copper Ore on most servers sells for around 8-12g per stack and this will start you off. (Personally I mined until I had 5 stacks, sold them at the ah for 11g each.)

Preparation:
    After you hit level 10 you should go to your major city and locate the fishing trainer. I stayed in my major city fishing until around 200. I also recommend buying a decent amount of Bright Baubles with the gold you obtained from mining.

You will need either a Mage to create a portal or a Warlock to summon you to Dalaran. I had about 50g from mining Copper Ore as I for-mentioned so I simply offered 10g for a portal to Dalaran and a Mage ported me. You may be able to get this done for free if someone is feeling generous, but it'll take a little longer. Once you get to Dalaran set your hearth.

After you've done that you will need to once again look for someone in trade chat to help you out. This time you're wanting to buy a ride from someone with a X-53 Touring Rocket. Personally I offered 30g and asked the person to take me to the flight path in Wintergrasp. I found a ride easily within 2-3 minutes.

(It took me about 4 1/2 hours of playing to get to this point.)

Starting Out:
    Okay, you're to Wintergrasp and have the flight path, what now?

Now is when you start to fish. There will be a couple pictures below showing you where I personally fish. The first one will be when I'm at the keyboard when we control Wintergrasp. The second will be when I'm sleeping, or when the battle for Wintergrasp is under way. It's important to mention that as a level 10 you will not be inside of Winterrgasp, but you can stand inside of Dragonblight and cast into Wintergrasp with the second location. It's also important to mention that no NPCs will agro to you in these locations however be prepared to die while getting to them.

When I started out fishing I used this location. As long as the battle for Wintergrasp isn't ongoing this location is generally safer than the other. But you can't stay here while you're sleeping because when the battle starts you'll be removed from the area.

This location is the one I use most of the time. If I'm going out somewhere and I'm not gonna be home for 5-8 hours I set up here. Occasionally your cast will land before the water, but don't worry because you can actually fish through the rock lol.

When you first start out you will catch a lot of junk. As your Fishing Skill increases the amount of junk you catch will dwindle until eventually you won't catch junk anymore. It's important to mention that when you reach 450 you will still need to use a lure because if you don't you will still catch junk items.

Making 10,000g:
    Okay, now that you've gotten started I'll go into the math. This math was done based on someone with 525 fishing.(450 +75 from Lure) The average angler catches 4 fish per minute. So you'll be catching 240 fish per hour. You'll be catching Nettlefish, Musselback Sculpin, Glacial Salmon, and Giant Darkwater Clams. Inside the Clams you normally Clam Meat or Pearls. The pearls vendor for 50s each, and the clam meat brings a few gold per stack on the ah. The real money makers are the fish. On most servers you can get 1g per fish, or offer them for less in bulk amounts. You can also get Siren's Tear from the Clams which sell for around 10g each. If you let the fish bot run for an hour straight you'll be able to make around 250g per hour. If you run the bot 8 hours a day (Some people are willing to run it more, personally I didn't.) you make around 2000g per day. Five days later you'll have 10,000g.

Noteworthy Tips:
    -Sell through trade chat. Often times on the auction house people will undercut you. You're trying to sell very large amounts of fish and it will flood the market if you put too many on the AH and in the end you won't make as much gold. A little leg work goes a long way when it comes to selling.
    -The first thing I bought when I made gold was bags. I bought Netherweave bags to start then upgraded to Frostweave bags.
    -Always sell your fish in an even amount. When I go to the city to sell I generally broadcast "WTS [Nettlefish]x200[Glacial Salmon]x200[Musselback Sculpin]x200. 600 Fish, 550g". Some people are willing to buy more fish, but some people are only able to afford around 500 at a time. But don't sell all of your Glacial Salmon and leave yourself stuck with 1000 Nettlefish and Musselback Sculpin.

Conclusion:
    I don't have much else to say, but I will update the guide if I change my methods or include them in a post below. I probably forgot a few things along the way and I'll edit to include them if I notice. Any tips are appreciated and I hope this can help someone else make gold as well.
    Last edited by Choryu; 09-22-2010 at 07:54 AM.

10,000g as a Level 10
  2. Thanks Augury13 (1 members gave Thanks to Choryu for this useful post)
    Trixehh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Choryu View Post
    [B]First and foremost, most of this information is already available to the public. I'm not posting to get rep or anything of the sort.
    Jesus Choryu haven't seen you in a LONG time, +Rep

nejm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you said, it's all out in the public, but I believe you summed it up really good and it seems like you've put quite alot of time in this.
    +rep for you
    People who post new non-useless exploits gets flamed, People who reposts gets +rep.
    The world is strange

Choryu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing I'd also like to mention. It's better to try and stay away from Tuesdays. A lot more people than usual try to sell on Tuesday and during peak time the prices of things can be victim to serious undercutting. It normalizes fairly quickly, but I prefer to avoid selling at that time.

Edit: And hey Trix, yeah it's been a while. I quit WoW for about a year and started playing again about a week and a half ago. Good to still see people from before around.

Trixehh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got a new msn bro?

Aberchuger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really good. Just getting back into the game after being off it for ages, thanks! +rep

TheBlackLotus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first thing in a while i've seen worth actually commenting on, tried it and OP does have a good system.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pankaka View Post
    Just a conspiracy.
    Huh? If you're going to post something weather positive or negative at least elaborate and make it constructive.

johncho1209's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the guide east to follow not much work involved well done +Rep

pred.is.god's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might wanna hide your char name. good guide tho

wowgamerxx119's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this wont work you need to be level 50 for grand master i believe.
    WoWgamerxx119.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wowgamerxx119 View Post
    this wont work you need to be level 50 for grand master i believe.
    You only have to be level 10 to obtain Grand Master Fisherman. I have done it on several characters, I have a level 34 and a 35 with 450 fishing and maxed both of them at level 10 using the trainer in Dalaran.

tekstorm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep, I was not aware of this. Thanks for sharing.

cania2010's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice post mate. Used to do the fishing / selling on my 80's also but fishmarket on my server is now ****ed up XD

xylon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't this posted before a long time ago...?
    Thanks for contributing, i guess

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast