Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elemental Farming: Silithus (+ Spreadsheet)

Greetings Mmowned!

It's been a while since my last contribution but here goes, I stumbled upon this spot while 'farming' myself 10 Essence of Earth to level jewelcrafting with (none on AH).

After further testing I found this to be quite a decent farmspot!

Here is a map of the area in Silithus you'll be farming (north-west).

Map Navigation:

Green area: Earth mobs in this area are called Desert Rumbler, the 3 major items they drop are: Essence of Earth, Core of Earth and Elemental Earth.

Blue area: Air (Nature) Mobs in this area are called Dust Stormer, the 3 major items they drop are: Essence of Air, Breath of Wind and Elemental Air.

Yellow arrow: Shows the direction of the route (anti-clockwise), this yellow 'area' is also useful for deleting excessive grey items (Lifeless Rocks from earth elementals stack up really fast) since there are no elemental mobs here for ~10 seconds.

Red area: Possible patrol route of Twilight Prophet, netting 7-10 Encrypted Twilight Text which can also be sold on the auction house for a little extra.

So, now that you're familiar with the layout of the map, here's some more info.

These elemental mobs you're farming have great drop chances for the above mentioned items, most of these items are required materials for skilling up jewelcrafting, blacksmithing and more professions. Since it is a low level area (~57-59) you can farm this without any downtime if you do it correct.

Pros:
    - Low level mobs - can be farmed by level 60+, though the higher level, the easier and faster it goes and the higher your profit.
    - Town is really close, you can run there if you need to mail items to an alt to create bagspace or to vendor your greys.
    - You will encounter very few competition in farming here, unless more people from the same server read this :>
    - Every once in a while there is an Elemental Invasion here, spawning Whirling Invaders and a miniboss with 4 adds that patrols. These mobs are useful for extra drops and shouldn't be skipped. (Note: If you kill the miniboss, the invaders stop respawning)

Cons:
    - The earth elemental mobs drop a crappy item, Lifeless Stone or something alike, that stacks up to 5 times and sells for 18s per stack to vendors, after 20 minutes I had 12 stacks of these things clugging up my bags. (Note: You can delete/vendor them nearby)
    - Silithus is not really the closest place to a capital city, unless you're horde.

As always, people will rather buy these items from the AH than farm them theirselves.

Standard rules to AH apply, don't flood items, wait with selling if there's too many cheap auctions of that item on AH, etc.

My experience

I decided to farm this place for 1 hour straight, using my warlock's firestone as a timer (lasts 60 min), and these are the items I gained in that hour. On the left you see Core of Elements, which can be sold for some extra gold if you gathered alot (people won't bother buying stacks of 5, just throw them all on) , and the Twilight Texts I got, killed the Prophet 3 times in that hour. Rest are greens and the materials I got.

This resulted in:

A very standard excel spreadsheet, calculating the money you can gain per hour.

As you can see, the money I farmed in 1 hour was 2223 gold from materials alone, which really isn't a bad amount in my book. Do this once or twice a week and be patient with selling your items. Additional money was gained by texts, cores of elements and the green items I DE'd and sold as dusts/essences.

Now you can go and check the prices of the materials I farmed on your own auction house and check out your profit for an hours work.

Spreadsheet link: SilithusFarming.xlsx
    Kapersky antivirus on file:
    Attachment 4028

I'm sure I've forgot some things I wanted to note, but this will do for the moment, any feedback of suggestions are gladly accepted.

Regards, LindeCutah
    Last edited by LindeCutah; 09-19-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Made pics work bettur

Elemental Farming: Silithus (+ Spreadsheet)
    aurevoir1's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My honorbuddy takes me through silithus while its bot leveling and yeah these always sell for around 40g a stack. Thanks for crunching the numbers.

LindeCutah's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply - not many do that nowadays.

Again if anyone wonders what profit they would gain by this on their own server, use the spreadsheet and fill in your own values, should give you a decent average of gold gainings for an hour's work.

Trixehh's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aurevoir1 View Post
    My honorbuddy takes me through silithus while its bot leveling and yeah these always sell for around 40g a stack. Thanks for crunching the numbers.
    no his spreadsheet shows it as item, if yours are selling 40g a stack its POINTLESS farming

aurevoir1's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trixehh View Post
    no his spreadsheet shows it as item, if yours are selling 40g a stack its POINTLESS farming

yeh my bad, i didnt mean to write it like that. All i know is that ive only ever seen 1 person farming thos ele's and they do sell quite well.

I dont remember which ones of mine particularly sold the best cuz im at work rite now...

Without doing any searching on the subject, i wonder how these will sell in Cataclysm once the world is torn asunder?

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, beat me to it, was gonna write a similar guide (my first!) but more about how to make gold as a Death Knight on a new server, but without the spreadsheet. Or the fancy grammars/colours... =(. This place brings you LOTS of gold especially at that level range (58+). I use this method on several different servers and after a few hours of playing (including the intro quests), my dk will have at least a few hundred gold. Enough gold to buy a flying mount and to supply gold for your level 1 at the new server. And the xp doesn't hurt either since the mobs/quests are around that level range.

frallan123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of those items goes for more than 4g on my server :/

Insomniaco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna check this out, seems very interesting!, +rep!
    Stupid is what stupid does - Forrest Gump

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep for pretty pictures and nice formatting, I used to farm there waay back when epic ground mounts were expensive.
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

apbjur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, when I get a chance I will have to check out prices on my server. I too remember doing this way back in the day, good guide and just in time for Cata for those who will PL professions. Thanks!! +Rep

Hellson's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    7/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this takes me back to gliding in 2006. sigh memories

Thanks to Mit0 for the sweet Sig!
    Plays Warcraft far too much

falQ's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This only really works because of your server I guess. That stuff, Elemental Air for example is 2 gold here :/

klumpen's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    31/12
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried out a 1 hour farm tonight, worked out quite well. Good pace and lots of loot:

57x Essence of Air
    14x Breath of Wind
    11x Elemental Air

22x Essence of Earth
    7x Core of Earth
    6x Elemental Earth

1x Star Ruby
    1x Aquamarine

27x Encrypted Twilight Text

1x Krol Blade

Because my server (Kor'Gall - EU) is so empty, I can basically set any price I'd like atm.

I'd rep you if I could.

Zoidberg's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a pretty decent guide, I'll try this out when I get access to my account.

Abra su mente a la realidad.
    Do NOT contact me about trading section stuff. Contact a section MOD instead.

NeonMonkeys's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you've revealed my favorite farm spot! ;D

This place is great, +rep for sharing with the community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast