Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximizing the JC ring/necklace gold method (addons, macros)

Tips and Tricks for Maximizing the Efficiency of the JC Method

Hello all, AbhorsenJay here again. By now I am sure most of you are familiar with the jewelcrafting ring and necklace method of obtaining gold, either by enchanting them, or vendoring them. I will not go into the method itself as it has been posted numerous times before, however, in this short guide I will introduce some addons and macros that will allow you to maximize the method for optimal speed and efficiency.

I will be discussing addons and macros for both the vendoring and disenchanting methods. Of course, not all the addons are necessary, I will leave it up to you to determine which one is the most suitable for your needs. Most macros have been discussed in previous threads, so I will just link the one I found the most useful and credit can be directed to that individual.

Index
    1. ADDONS
    a. Sell-o-Matic
    b. Auctionator
    c. Jpack
    d. Postal
    e. One Click Buyout
    f. Advanced Trade Skill Window

2. MACROS
    a. Disenchant Macro (link)

1. ADDONS

a.Sell-o-Matic

This is by far one of the most useful addons I have found for the JC method of getting gold. Assuming you are vendoring the rings in bulk, it is an absolutely perfect fit. It allows you to create a custom list, and with the click of a button, all items that match the list can be vendored instantly. It can even be set up so that opening a shop window automatically vendors all your items. Once the addon is installed, you will need to do some very short configuring.

First, type in "/som" without the quotes to open up the configuration window. On the list to your left, select "list options". Tick the "use list" box. Go back to the main "Sell-O-Matic" window. If you choose, you can untick the autosell box. Next type in the following code:

/som additem Sun Rock Ring
    /som additem Bloodstone Band
    /som additem Crystal Citrine Necklance
    /som additem Crystal Chalcedony Amulet

If you want to double check your list, type in:

/som showlist

You can also edit the list manually by opening the main Sell-o-Matic configuration window and clicking "Add Item" and "Show List" respectively. When this is done, if you open a vendor window you should see a button in the top right hand corner, click it to sell all the items on your list.

b.Auctionator

Auctionator is really a must-have addon for any kind of auction house work. The main feature that comes into use with the JC method, however, is the bulk buy option. Once Auctionator is installed, a new tab will be visible in the Auction House Window called "Buy". Click it, and click "New Shopping List". Then, input into the vendor window "Chalcedony". Scroll down the results, select the proper one and click "Add Item To List". Repeat this for the remainder of the gems and the eternal earth. When you visit this pane again, select your new list from the drop down menu on the left-hand window. Once this is done, a list of materials will appear on the left pane, click each one for a real-time search. If you find a good buy, simply click "buy" and you can select how many you want i.e. "39 stacks of 1, 2 stacks of 20 etc."

c. Jpack

This addon is not as necessary, but is great for convenience. Its purpose is quite simple, to automatically arrange your bags for you. This means it can put certain items in a certain order, which makes crafting the rings, to some degree, easier. Access it with "/jpack OR /jp". Do not forget to click "Load out of date addons" if you choose to use it. Alternatives to this are Bagnon and Combuctor.

d. Postal

If you do not have Postal or any other sort of mail addon slap yourself right now. Seriously do it. If you are doing bulk buying with Auctionator you need an addon with enough functionality to handle the items coming in the mail quickly and effectively. Postal does all this, with a simple open all button it takes all the trouble out of individually shift-clicking each item. Not much to talk about. Just get it.

e. One Click Buyout

Once again, not much to say here, however, if auctionator is not cutting it for you (for whatever reason) this allows you to quickly skim through the auction house and buy out what you need. The name says it all, one click buyouts, you can bind the command to shift-click, control-click etc. "/oneclickbuyout, /ocbo" to access options. It should be noted that auctionator provides this option as well. No picture available.

f. Advanced Trade Skill Window

Last but not least, Advanced Trade Skill Window. This addon provides a nicer layout for the trade window, it also provides a build cue for diverse and bulk crafting. It also takes into account the items you need to produce something, for instance, in engineering you often require various subcomponents which must be individually looked up, Advanced Trade Skill Window displays ALL of these materials for you.

2. MACROS

a. Disenchant Macro (link)

I was originally going to have a larger list of macros but then I realized that most had been discussed in previous guides, however for the sake of convenience I will post the one I found to be the most useful/important. I will not claim any credit for this macro, it was found/designed by eloivanelst so please direct all appropriate reputation and praise to him/her. It is a macro that allows you to disenchant the rings and necklaces quickly while auto-looting.

Cheers!

Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

Maximizing the JC ring/necklace gold method (addons, macros)
    Picklesowner's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not either, and I heard about this method, but epic guide! +rep foar you.

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will indeed speed things up. +rep

Pain21's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew about everyone except trade skill menu, but should help alot of people, +rep because this is the only way I make money, botting ore, prospect, make rings, disenchant, takes forever but it's pure profit .

hurly1223's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DL everything here and timed how long it took before and after and it was a big difference thanks =)

Starkey2009's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stoneguard Band - Item - World of Warcraft

Is better for disenchanting the returns are much better

nukec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calculation:

Ore is on my realm 14g/stack if I want to prospect gems.. I suppose green gems are 100% prospect "drop".. 1 eternal earth on my realm is 5g, that means I can make 5 rings with 1 eternal earth and depends how many gems do I get from prospecting ore. If I get 5 green gems from 1 stack of ore I pay 19g for 5 rings.. 5rings x 3g = 15g .. I l o s e i guess. Correct me If i am wrong(probably I am).

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty pictures and font color make my eyes happy. +Repx4 to you good sir.

Pain21's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nukec View Post
    Calculation:

Ore is on my realm 14g/stack if I want to prospect gems.. I suppose green gems are 100% prospect "drop".. 1 eternal earth on my realm is 5g, that means I can make 5 rings with 1 eternal earth and depends how many gems do I get from prospecting ore. If I get 5 green gems from 1 stack of ore I pay 19g for 5 rings.. 5rings x 3g = 15g .. I l o s e i guess. Correct me If i am wrong(probably I am).
    Youre in the same boat I am. Only way to make a profit really is to farm them yourself (the ore that is).

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7...antingmats.png

That's one of my days of disenchanting, I get that much every 3-4 days. Plus 1.5k - 2.5kg from titanium ore. Got a private buyer that buys for 130g a stack. Then you cut all your blue gems you get and put them on ah, if you wanna take the time. I find it easier to just vendor them for 4.50g a piece. But some of them sell for ~30g a piece on my server still, and you can get ~200 blue gems after a week and a half or so. Make sure if you farm them, you save ALL your eternal earths. Sometimes I still end up having to buy a stack or so, but most times I break even. Or have 3-4 eternals left over.

Good Luck

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kazin420 View Post
    Pretty pictures and font color make my eyes happy. +Repx4 to you good sir.
    Why thank you kindly good sir!
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER