0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRD: How To get past Door without Shadowfang key

Note: This is not to open the gates, it's to get past the door with the rotating bridge after it(which usually you need the Shadowforge key to get past)

You'd have to use the Shadowforge key on this to open the door and walk through the door

Attachment 4008

However, if you do not have the Shadowforge key, you'll have to clear a lot more of the dungeon to get your little goody bag

so i was messing around in BRD with my random group because they were trying to run through the door *facepalm* so i jumped out the right window, looked up and though, "Hmm, i wonder..." so i put Levitate on and sure enough you can get on top of the little chamber, then looking down, i suspected that just like that (one WOTLK dungeon that's escaping my mind right now... with the trolls and rhino dudes...) the rotation part will be an image, with an invisible floor underneath it and an invisible wall that goes away when a game mechanism happens. so i jumped and lev'd and it worked, i ran through to the other side. So i decided to share with this community my find(I know, I haven't contributed recently, I'm sorry )

Step by step guide:

Step 1:
    Goto the room before the bridge in the Shadowforge City:

Attachment 4008
    1. Most people jump out the left to do the dungeon the normal way. DO NOT DO THIS
    2. Locked door, this glitch is designed to get around the door
    3. The right window, then is the window you will be jumping out of. make sure NOT to jump too far as you might land in the lava... shouldn't be too difficult

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2:
    Jump on the window sill and carfully out of the window(making sure not to jump into the lava.)
    Attachment 4010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 3:
    Apply Levitate and zig-zag up the wall using the standard Levitate wall climbing glitch(keep your char. running into the wall while slowly moving side to side) until you get on top of the building
    Attachment 4011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 4:
    jump onto the raised circular thing(Levitation may or may not need to be removed to get on top of it, I removed it when doing so myself, however when the rest of my group did this, they didn't remove it)
    Attachment 4012

Step 5:
    -While standing on the raised circle, Aim for the NON-MOVING hallway(the one facing the same way the hallway you're currently standing on is facing)
    -Run and jump to it
    ---I personally Run -> Jump -> Levitate for maximum distance, however all my group members just ran with levitate on as they were out of line of sight, and i believe one member just ran and jumped, no Levitate, so I think any/all of the above will work.
    Attachment 4013

Step 6:
    Once you jump, it should look somthing like this:
    Attachment 4014

Step 7:
    Just keep running tward the other hallway and you'll walk straight through the image of a wall.
    Attachment 4015

Step 8:
    WE DID IT!!!
    Attachment 4016

Thanks for reading/looking at my pictures, hope you enjoy my guide because it can come in handy if nobody in your group has the shadowforge key but you have a priest.

-HoH

Edit: all my SSs went bye bye =(
    Last edited by Hi on helium; 11-07-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: SSs are gone!?!?!

BRD: How To get past Door without Shadowfang key
    thenicksta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool exploit but not really practical. There's no way in hell your going to get a whole group to be able to achieve this, still, useful for people who are power leveling or something along those lines. Anyway, great find!

Picklesowner's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they can open it from the other side for the people that don't do it was the point....?

qunzil's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missclick sry
    Last edited by qunzil; 09-16-2010 at 10:12 AM.

fredrik1984's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qunzil View Post
    Anyone who played this game pre-wotlk should know that you can just die and then ress behind the locked door
    Yes, unless ofcourse you are inside an instance, wich you are in this case

Hi on helium's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thenicksta View Post
    Cool exploit but not really practical. There's no way in hell your going to get a whole group to be able to achieve this, still, useful for people who are power leveling or something along those lines. Anyway, great find!
    hmm. I guess my random group was an exception then...just had to apply Levitate to them and they watched me scale the wall then did so themselves. I planned to have them jump and then I'd apply Levitate to them, but the first guy jump in the wrong place(still ended up working for him) so i showed them where to jump, only problem was that then they were out of the line of sight so i couldn't apply Levitation, so all except for one of them had kept Levitate on and just ran off the edge to me and it worked for them(as i said in the OP, the one who didn't have levitate still made the jump.)

In my mind, spending 5-10min showing your group members the exploit out weighs the 30-40 extra min. clearing the dungeon to get to the boss which drops the "goody bag". But then again it's just my opinion.

Anyways, if you don't like it, oh well, but in my opinion it can save quite a bit of time when the occasion should arise.

Hi on helium's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    over 1,000 views and only 4 comments...

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda meh in terms of actual usefulness, and its half way between an exploit and exploration tbh, but I always hate it when I find something cool and mildly useful and barely anyone comments, so I'm going to +Rep you for finding this yourself, and helping to contribute to the community.

KlaAz0r's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good only to let everyone in the group understand it would be a pain..