1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two usefull arena exploits

Many of you may have seen the post about Freezing your wow with rightclicking that WINDOWS bar up there (keep right button down while moving your mouse) and how it works with several things such as no elevator damage and stuff. Someone even claimed it would help at LK when if you fail gargoyles and do that trick, release button when last phase comes and you wont fall down. Anyways, heres what I found.

Ring of valor

You need priest here to get BELOW the elevator. As we know you will get teleported back up when arena starts. BUT if you do this ''Freeze your game'' Trick, you wont move up there until you release the mouse button

Dalaran Arena

Same goes here, when game starts and you freeze your game once again. You wont fall down there like usually this waterthing knocks you down. You fall when you release the button.

I think these both might be usefull if you play nonstealth class with a rogue or druid partner/partners. They will get their sap or anything they need and let you know when you can come down.

EDIT wont add a video, all you gonna see would be normal start, freezing game and normal followup. Go test it yourself
    Last edited by skyth; 09-10-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Two usefull arena exploits
    Mayx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome find if it works

hax0rz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do NOT think this is server side, I think this just freezes your display but I don't see how this would affect the server side location of your character...

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What windows button? If you explain what you can do with it, atleast explain or link to the thread.

skyth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hax0rz View Post
    I do NOT think this is server side, I think this just freezes your display but I don't see how this would affect the server side location of your character...
    Nah you are wrong, tested in 3s with 2 friends and we all were in skype

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Originally Posted by piree View Post
    What windows button? If you explain what you can do with it, atleast explain or link to the thread.
    Please quote where i said windows button? I said Windows BAR. I mean this bar which lets you move your window for example. Oh yeah and you need to be windowed mode to see this bar.

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Sorry for ****ing big picture just wanted to post here asap so i dont distract those who read. <3's

Janube's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hax0rz View Post
    Actually, you're technically correct. Character movement is deliberately Client-side, and thus, character movement exploits must also be client side. That's why when you see someone who has awful latency, they can skip around and be physically difficult to attack. Or why someone who's lagging out appears to be running in place.

All movement is based on the Client-Side of the game, which is why freezing your game halts all of your movement.

Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure sure if I did understand this right but heres what is a fact= I did this in dalaran arena with 2 friends. I freezed myself, and On their screen I did not fall down as they did. My friend also did it and I saw it with my own eyes, that this is possible.
    Last edited by skyth; 09-10-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see someone confirm, but my guess is this is client side. I'll still check back in this thread though just in case.

eloivanelst's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's server sided. Why? Try this, just walk forward (Doesn't matter where ever you may be) and hold the windows bar for 3 - 5 seconds. When you release it, you're still at the same spot you started.

Etherea's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Janube View Post
    Actually, you're technically correct. Character movement is deliberately Client-side, and thus, character movement exploits must also be client side. That's why when you see someone who has awful latency, they can skip around and be physically difficult to attack. Or why someone who's lagging out appears to be running in place.

All movement is based on the Client-Side of the game, which is why freezing your game halts all of your movement.
    You are misinterpreting what "server-side" and "client-side" means. If an exploit "client-side" it means it only appears that way on your game client, but not to everyone else. If it is "server-side" it appears this way to everyone on the server. This exploit is most definitely "server-side" as your character position appears the same to everyone in-game.

The game server relies on the game client to update its position, and the server performs very little (if any) validation. Because of this all movement exploits are "server-side".

Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, seriously, I did not take time to write this just to lie about it. READ my reply I said we tested it and somehow it worked. Can you just seriosly TEST IT WITH YOUR FRIEND before coming to talk about ****ing client and server sides or do I have to work out video from 2 different accounts to prove it for you?

kickasskid54's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're basically lagging yourself out without ever losing connection to the server, it works much like a lag switch (but who uses those anymore.)

Ponjon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say it again, thy i have said it before:

You don't hack/exploit in arena ......

But fun stuffs.. Maybe i can try ones.. ONES in skrimish y k.

Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ofc you exploit in arena Especially if you boost someone

Ssateneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn't work for me on windows 7. It was the first thing I noticed between windows XP and windows 7: When dragging a windowed 3d game on XP, it would 'freeze' til you let go of the bar on top, which would exhibit the behavior mentioned in the OP. However, in windows 7, processing continues while the window is being dragged or resized, which is probably something to do with the desktop being a D3D instance.

edit: I turned my windows 7 theme to Windows Basic (No aero) and dragged the window around. It 'froze' as long as I was dragging the window around, so you need to disable aero effects, or whatever effects that put the desktop into a D3D instance. I turned aero effects back on and the behavior went away and continued processing when I dragged the window around.

TL;DR: This works, but you need to disable aero effects for your desktop theme or use windows XP.

Also, does anyone know how to put a line through words in a forum post? sometimes its called a line strike or cross out. I tried <s> and <del>, no work.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 09-10-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast