0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[exploit]rotface slimes

I did a quick search for this and didnt see it posted, if it has been i am deeply sorry.

First off, been a leecher for too long because I have not found anything worth posting, but I think this could help a little.

During the fight with rotface he spawns the slimes like normal, if you merge 3 and somehow get unlucky or are in a bad pug, you can sometimes get 2 small slimes up at once, you CAN merge both into the big slime. Just merge the first as normal, then merg any extra that you have. It helps so you dont have to dodge the explosions as much.

[exploit]rotface slimes
    Anti-Tcb's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't an exploit, working as intended. It's how you get the Drake achievement for Rotface.

Reaper403's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry i think i may have misworded that, it is not the same as the achievemnt because you still hav the oozes explode. What i meant was you merge more small slimes into the big one as it is exploding.

For example; say you get 12 small oozes throughout the fight, that would normally be 3 explosions. But if you were to merge more small oozes into the large slime, you could only have 2 explosions. Which means less moving, so more dps. I dont think thats w.a.i.

Anti-Tcb's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh. I see what you mean now.

I've noticed this as well, but it generally doesn't help much unless the fight's been dragging on for so long he starts casting the Plague like a crack addict.

Vig's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Anti-Tcb View Post
    This isn't an exploit, working as intended. It's how you get the Drake achievement for Rotface.
    What about zergmode?

Shlur's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I'm sill pretty certain this is working as intended.

Throughout the fight the targets of the small slimes kite the slimes to the set slime kiter who runs round the outer shell, they merge into big slimes. I don't see how this exploits anything? You are saying it causes less explosions, which is pretty much one of the points of this mechanic I'm pretty sure.

You merge the slimes the fight goes smoother, you don't and its hectic. How it's meant to be.

carnage2007's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what kind of retarded strat your guild is using OP, but this is how you are supposed to do the fight. You merge the small oozes with the big oozes, and keep on merging them untill they explode and then repeat.

esimia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ true shit. yeah and that 1 less explosion is like 2 seconds more worth of dps. not an exploit at all. just a diferent strat. google the word exploit plz

LindeCutah's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get my +rep for this, unlike others I don't think Blizzard meant you to stack more than 5 little oozes in one big ooze before it explodes, hence I'd say this is an exploit.
    I found this out myself some time ago while doing Rotface, and yeah, basically what I did was tell the person kiting the ooze that if he gets the disease -> ooze, he should wait before the one he's kiting starts exploding and then merge his/her ooze with the exploding one, saving you just a little bit of time - which can be greatly beneficial in pugs.

Although nowadays with 30% buff it's not so useful anymore, still, thanks for getting of your lazy bum and posting something I find useful to share.

Edit: Also, haters be hating.

Edit 2: Also, this reminds me of the first days of Rotface when 2 big oozes would actually dissapear completely if you would merge them, making the achievement for him Oh-So-Easy. Too bad my raidleader wasn't listening to me saying that and I believe it was fixed the day after :<
    Last edited by LindeCutah; 08-24-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Ponjon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very ehm creative :>

kingralphus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the downies that shoot their mouth off instead of actually trying to understand what he means: Normally when you merge 5 small oozes with the large ooze it begins its type of cast time to explode,however if u have a few small slimes still up after the big slime absorbs 5 you can run those extra small slimes to it and it will absorb them while its still in its cast,this gets rid of any extra slimes and you arent penalized by getting more aoe explosion by the large slime,so in short get rid of as many small slimes on first explosion and this will allow more time to dps the boss if your guild is new and may be struggling on this fight.
    Thanks for sharing this with us and im sure may find this very useful and had no idea u could use it this way,thanks and +rep to you.

Nitric's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guilds still wipe on this with the 30% buff? We pug 7/12 hardmodes on our server :/

Mayx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool find. +Rep