0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stacking Kings buffs w/ screenshots.

Now before you all cry REPOST, this does not use any player-based kings buffs. It may be a bit of a spinoff of the existing 350AP buff which stacks with player might/shouts, but normally when you get a player's kings, it'll overwrite the kings buff you gain from the NPC. This is a stacking 10% + 8% kings, complete with screenshots. First, make sure you get Drums of Forgotten Kings. Secondly, get on this quest Scourge Tactics. If you've already turned it in, you're shit out of luck. Sorry for huge pictures.

First, baseline.

Then get the 10% kings from the NPC. It lasts 30 minutes.

Then apply the 8% kings from your drums (Or somebody elses drums)

Notice that my health went up -both- times, confirming that it stacks. A player will be unable to apply 10 minute kings to you due to a "more powerful spell active" error, but if you get buffed with Greater Kings, you will lose both previous buffs, and your health/stats will go down to match a regular 10% kings.

Note: In order to get the NPC to give you a kings buff, I believe you need to be a spec that will force the NPC to buff you with kings. For me, this was only while being protection spec. You will have to experiment to see which buff the NPCs give you.

Also another thing. Both buffs persist upon entering an instance/raid.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Sure are a lot of people viewing, and no comments.

Stacking Kings buffs w/ screenshots.
    [the Sills]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is working as intended actually :/ Since one of them is 8% and the other 10, i think theire meant to be stackable.

Ssateneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [the Sills] View Post
    I think this is working as intended actually :/ Since one of them is 8% and the other 10, i think theire meant to be stackable.
    Negative. The 8% kings is supposed to be a replacement if you do not have a paladin in the raid. If you buff yourself with 10% kings from a player and try to buff yourself with the drums 8% too, you will not get the buff. If you try it in the reverse order (Drums first) and a player buffs you with kings, it will simply overwrite the 8% and you'll be 2% more stats.

Also if you're thinking a player 10% kings from a player will stack with the NPC's, thats a negative too. You can have 1 or the other. Whatever is longer duration is the one that will persist.

Before you try to thread crap with your own theories, how about you test them beforehand?
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 08-19-2010 at 02:21 PM.

DDDevilz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Blehmeh View Post
    Before you try to thread crap with your own theories, how about you test them beforehand?
    How can you test something to see whether or not the observed behavior is intended? The only way to tell if something is intended is if Blizzard states it (or fixes it).

Before you try to cop an attitude, how about you think before you type?

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I know for a fact that Blizz does not want it working that way. When the drums were first introduced, there was a bug that allowed 8% drums kings to stack with a player's 10% kings, which evolved to a double stacking 10% kings, but the same concept applied in that you had to use the drums in order to get the stacking to even work. It had to be applied in a very specific order or else the stacking didn't happen and buffs got overwrote. I wrote a thread on it a while back with pictures on a seperate mmowned account, but the thread since then seems to have been deleted or cleaned up. Blizzard quickly fixed it in a hotfix.

Your move.

403Forbidden's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because saying "i think ..." surely deserves flaming.

Yes, nice find, but dont think yourself above others because of it.

Impulse01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a cool idea, yet too much work for 10% stats. Also attitude towards others just questioning your ideas, not even challenging, is a bit much dude. Not to mention your not the most contributing member...

chriahs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not working as intended. This is spose to be just like the Paladin player spell Kings but obliviously there is a bug witch will be fixed by tomorrow or next patch due to it being posted here.

Originally Posted by Impulse01 View Post
    Its a cool idea, yet too much work for 10% stats. Also attitude towards others just questioning your ideas, not even challenging, is a bit much dude. Not to mention your not the most contributing member...
    In raids you would be awarded 8% more. Also this means the paladin buffing you can give you Might or wisdom instead so even without the exploit its useful. I dont think you understand the importance of kings and how much that 8% really does, Im not a math wis but i know this,
    1# For dps you
    *hit your target more often
    *you hit more
    *you hit faster
    *you have more mana to last longer and cast higher mana consumption spells more often.
    *You have more Stamina and Regen so you need heals less often and you stay alive longer.
    * Self healing spells heal more also allowing more slack to healers and letting you survive longer.
    *Crit more

2# For healers you
    *Heal faster
    *Heal more
    *Crit more
    * Can use big mana consuming spells EX Greater heal.
    * Have more mana so you have no downtime and not use OHSHIT button when its on a OHSHIT moment

Tanks
    *Have more stam
    * More dodge
    * More block
    * More parry
    * More defense rating
    * More DPS
    * More threat

What im trying to say is kings is the only buff EVERYONE uses besides Stam, crit,spirit, and haste.
    Last edited by chriahs; 08-20-2010 at 12:33 PM.

starburstman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chriahs View Post

It is not working as intended. This is spose to be just like the Paladin player spell Kings but obliviously there is a bug witch will be fixed by tomorrow or next patch due to it being posted here.

In raids you would be awarded 8% more. Also this means the paladin buffing you can give you Might or wisdom instead so even without the exploit its useful. I dont think you understand the importance of kings and how much that 8% really does, Im not a math wis but i know this,
    1# For dps you
    *hit your target more often
    *you hit more
    *you hit faster
    *you have more mana to last longer and cast higher mana consumption spells more often.
    *You have more Stamina and Regen so you need heals less often and you stay alive longer.
    * Self healing spells heal more also allowing more slack to healers and letting you survive longer.
    *Crit more

2# For healers you
    *Heal faster
    *Heal more
    *Crit more
    * Can use big mana consuming spells EX Greater heal.
    * Have more mana so you have no downtime and not use OHSHIT button when its on a OHSHIT moment

Tanks
    *Have more stam
    * More dodge
    * More block
    * More parry
    * More defense rating
    * More DPS
    * More threat

What im trying to say is kings is the only buff EVERYONE uses besides Stam, crit,spirit, and haste.
    Kings does:
    For DPS you
    *you hit for more - str?
    *you have more mana
    *Crit more - not much

For healers you
    * Heal for more
    * Crit slightly more - .5% at most, I'd say

Tanks
    * Have more stam
    * Slightly more dodge - not much..
    * Slightly more DPS
    * More threat

Significantly less than what you said. It doesn't provide melee haste, spell haste, hit rating, block/parry rating, or defense rating. It also doesn't "enable you to use big mana consuming spells" because you could already do that before...

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find. Anyone who thinks 8-10% extra stats isnt useful has no idea what they're talking about. Dont mind the trolls, you get my 3 rep.

DDDevilz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I know for a fact that Blizz does not want it working that way. When the drums were first introduced, there was a bug that allowed 8% drums kings to stack with a player's 10% kings, which evolved to a double stacking 10% kings, but the same concept applied in that you had to use the drums in order to get the stacking to even work. It had to be applied in a very specific order or else the stacking didn't happen and buffs got overwrote. I wrote a thread on it a while back with pictures on a seperate mmowned account, but the thread since then seems to have been deleted or cleaned up. Blizzard quickly fixed it in a hotfix.

Your move.
    Oh, I didn't say that it wasn't an exploit; it most definitely is. I was mainly just trying to tell you to tone down the douche factor a bit. The "Before you try to thread crap with your own theories, how about you test them beforehand?" part of your post was uncalled for. The guy was basically just thinking out loud.

chriahs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kazin420 View Post
    Nice find. Anyone who thinks 8-10% extra stats isnt useful has no idea what they're talking about. Dont mind the trolls, you get my 3 rep.
    That's what im trying to say but there a reason why guilds still do Nax, 3D OS and, vault as progression.

For DPS you
    *you hit for more - str?
    *you have more mana
    *Crit more - not much

For healers you
    * Heal for more
    * Crit slightly more - .5% at most, I'd say

Tanks
    * Have more stam
    * Slightly more dodge - not much..
    * Slightly more DPS
    * More threat
    All classes have it in there specs and as class stuff like paladins the more INT they have more spell power, Sorry your wrong.
    Last edited by chriahs; 08-20-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is a lot of classes/specs won't get a kings buff as far as I know. I have to be prot spec to get a kings buff as a warrior. Fury/arms will give me might.

Pantera1351's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is a lot of classes/specs won't get a kings buff as far as I know. I have to be prot spec to get a kings buff as a warrior. Fury/arms will give me might.
    in our 25s we usually have every pally buff possible so something like this is pretty nice. i'll have to let my friends know about this one. 8% is a pretty big deal when 25 others have that extra 8% to stats

Ponjon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if it's intended or not, it's still sort of a find.. So ill give you +Rep gj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast