Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathing Exploit: How to kite any melee mob at any level.

Hello mmowned

I bring you today a video tutorial explaining a method used for kiting mobs without using any slows or any 3rd party crap.

YouTube - Tutorial: How to Kite/Kill ANY Melee mob in WoW

This method involves you backpeddeling and tapping your left and right keys while holding down mouse 1. if you do not hold down mouse 1 you won't change direction quick enough and the mob will catch up.

How to do it:
    1. Aggro a mob.
    2. Start packpeddeling
    3. Tap left and right buttons while holding down mouse 1 to steady your camera.
    4. Repeat 2-3

This may take some practice and you may have to experiment with how frequent you need to tap left/right.

Why does this work? (my theory)
    When you get a mobs attention he will pick a straight path and follow that path until he reaches you.

But if you for example step to the right he will have to pick a new path in order to get to you which slows him down a tiny bit. now if you keep changing direction all the time, the mob will get confused and won't be able to keep up with you because he will constantly have to pick new paths.

WoW pathing system sucks, Thank you and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Steamx; 08-03-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: i can't spell properly

Pathing Exploit: How to kite any melee mob at any level.
    uicker's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess this is really useful for classes such as warrior since you cant get away as easily with those when youre low. +rep

murdertrain's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I haven't seen this yet before... if only it worked against rogues, lol. I laughed when the big tree guy killed you in the video +rep

Kazique's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/17
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if it has been posted here but i think it was few years ago. also this is well known working since vanilla.

Steamx's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's entirely possible seeing as the pathing system hasn't changed since vanilla. i kinda figured i wasn't the only one to know about this, but i haven't seen it posted anywhere so i figured I'd make a little tutorial and do it.

Kaosangel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I didn't know this so thanks. Btw its funny how there is always someone to scream common sense or well known in nearly every post. I've checked this site everyday for nearly a year and a half and this is the first of it I've seen. Thanks for the post. It may come in handy.

Nitric's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome trick +rep.

Asd123qwerty's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Steamx View Post
    Why does this work? (my theory)
    When you get a mobs attention he will pick a straight path and follow that path until he reaches you.

But if you for example step to the right he will have to pick a new path in order to get to you which slows him down a tiny bit. now if you keep changing direction all the time, the mob will get confused and won't be able to keep up with you because he will constantly have to pick new paths.

WoW pathing system sucks, Thank you and have a nice day.

It works cause of what you said + delay between you and their server.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this has been out since vanilla, so I did a couple searches to see if I could find an old thread on it, but I didnt come up with any, and i love the fact that you're brand spankin new to the site and are already contributing with your own videos, so repx3 from me.

Thanks for adding to the site, and dont get discouraged if people rip on your threads. Keep contributing and it will pay off in the end =)

Edit: I've given out too much rep today but I promise I'll get you tomorrow.

Pantera1351's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to use this while leveling my hunter during Cata. Aspect of the Fox & this will be f'ing hilarious & work extremely well.

themaster's Avatar Contributor
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kazin420 View Post
    I know this has been out since vanilla, so I did a couple searches to see if I could find an old thread on it, but I didnt come up with any, and i love the fact that you're brand spankin new to the site and are already contributing with your own videos, so repx3 from me.

Thanks for adding to the site, and dont get discouraged if people rip on your threads. Keep contributing and it will pay off in the end =)

Edit: I've given out too much rep today but I promise I'll get you tomorrow.
    You didnt put the effort i put in it to find this old thread.. god damn what was it hard to find it, the title doesnt even match it or what so ever.
    anyway after 2hours of searching (litterly no life) I can proudly say:

REPOST REPOST REPOST :http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...bs-easier.html

Edit: Lol it seems that that link from the year 2007 is even a repost, if id get +1rep for every repost i find than i'd have been a contributor already. But it seems that reposting old exploits, etc. is a much easier task to do.
    Last edited by themaster; 08-03-2010 at 09:26 PM.

xf11's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep to the OP, the post themaster is referring to tells you to run foward while strafing. The op's post explains that you have to be facing the mob (running backwards) and holding the left mouse button while strafing.

I have tested the "repost" before and can confirm that doesn't work too well.This, on the other hand, I can confirm by just recently testing it

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by themaster View Post
    REPOST REPOST REPOST :http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...bs-easier.html

Edit: Lol it seems that that link from the year 2007 is even a repost, if id get +1rep for every repost i find than i'd have been a contributor already. But it seems that reposting old exploits, etc. is a much easier task to do.

Stop being a dick
    and contribute normally instead of bragging 'How many reposts' you've assed your way to telling everyone about.
    :/

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

Zimo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a live server?

In the video it showed that you were a level 21 and the mob was level 80. I thought on live servers for a mob that high it would've used a skull icon. This leads me to wonder whether or not the test was done on a live server.

Steamx's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zimo View Post
    In the video it showed that you were a level 21 and the mob was level 80. I thought on live servers for a mob that high it would've used a skull icon. This leads me to wonder whether or not the test was done on a live server.
    It is indeed a live server, the reason you can see the mobs level is that it's a "neutral" mob that doesn't attack you on sight. if i were to target a hostile mob i would only see a skull and level ??. You can see it's neutral by the color of its nameplate above the hp bar which is yellow instead of red.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast