19/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoWGlider Detection Prevention Guide

There are a few tricks of the trade that make it almost impossible for you to get detected on WoWGlider, even if you are botting in front of 5 other players. Of course, I don't recommend going out to the most popular grinding areas and botting, but hey, do what you do... and keep on keepin' on.

Prevention Step 1: DON'T JUMP!

That's right, this is the easiest way to spot a botter. No one does 1 jump every 120 yards, they may do 2 or 3 consecutive jumps, but never just 1 jump ever set distance. This can easily be disabled. All you need to do is open your keys.xml file and look for this line:
    <Key KeyName="Common.Jump" BarState="Indifferent" ShiftState="None" Char=" " />
    Change it to
    <Key KeyName="Common.Jump" BarState="Indifferent" ShiftState="None" Char="Undefined" />

Can't find your keys.xml file?
    Don't worry, just open up Glider.exe, click Config, and click your "Keys" tab. Now you will see two buttons, "Save" and "Load". Click "Save", and your keys.xml file will be in your WoWGlider folder.
    After you are done editing this, save the file, and let's move on. Don't forget to re-load your new keys.xml file. You can do so by doing the same thing as saving the file, just go into Config->Keys->Load.

Prevention Step 2: Action Bar Numbers!
    This is another easy fix that will get you caught if someone reports you. Blizzard knows Glider's default key mapping, with the Shift+5 and Shift+6 bars. This is just like changing your Jump fix, but it has a few more spots you need to fill in. If you know you're going to be gliding this character and not playing him a lot, just use Shift+1 and Shift+2 bars, this is by far your best bet. Alright, now let's take a look at what we're dealing with.
    !! Remember !!
    Remember to always save a new keys.xml, and then re load the saved file to Glider as you get done editing them, otherwise your work will go unchanged!
    Alright, open up your keys.xml file and take a gander at it. It may look like a lot of jibberish jargon, but it's actually really simple. Alright, now we need to find the KeyName for this. They will be named "Common.BarCombat" and "Common.BarRest".
    We want to change these from this:

<Key KeyName="Common.BarCombat" BarState="Indifferent" ShiftState="Shift" Char="5" />
    <Key KeyName="Common.BarRest" BarState="Indifferent" ShiftState="Shift" Char="6" />
    To this:
    <Key KeyName="Common.BarCombat" BarState="Indifferent" ShiftState="Shift" Char="1" />
    <Key KeyName="Common.BarRest" BarState="Indifferent" ShiftState="Shift" Char="2" />
    Alright, now that that's done we have now successfully made us less obvious to Blizzard's logs. Remember to change all of your keys to bars 1 (Combat) and 2 (Rest). We will be covering that next.
    Prevention Step 3: Key Mapping!
    Alright, whenever Blizzard reviews their logs on a reported botter, they check a number of things. This is another big one, as they know WoWGlider's default key mapping for each class. I am not going to go too indepth on each class, but I will breifly explain how it's done. Let's say I am gliding my level 53 Warlock, and I don't want to get detected. I will open my keys.xml file once again and look for my class's binding KeyName. It will look like this:
    <Key KeyName="ClassName.SpellName"...>
    Now that we have found it, we can work from there. I want to completely move all of my keys, mix them around a bit, so none of them are in Glider's position. Obviously key 2 is going to be my main spam spell, as with a WASD movement format it is the easiest to move and spam. So, Shadowbolt will be a Warlock's main damage spell in raids, PvE, etc, so I will move my Shadowbolt to key 2.
    We want to change it from this:

<Key KeyName="Warlock.Shadowbolt" BarState="Combat" ShiftState="None" Char="9" />
    To this:
    <Key KeyName="Warlock.Shadowbolt" BarState="Combat" ShiftState="None" Char="2" />

Now that we have done that, we must change the previous key 2 spell to key 9 for the time being.
    Key 2 used to be my Curse, so I will change Curse to 9 by doing the same thing as above, but just reverse:

<Key KeyName="Warlock.Curse" BarState="Combat" ShiftState="None" Char="2" />
    To this:
    <Key KeyName="Warlock.Curse" BarState="Combat" ShiftState="None" Char="9" />
    Just go through and do that to each spell, move them to where you want them to be. Remember to make sure NO two spells have the same key binding.
    Prevention Step 4: Macros!
    Another good prevention method, and obviously a good tactic for efficient grinding, is making macros in place of normal spell slots. Sure, you won't have a macro for EVERY key binding, but macros are definitely nice to have (even if it's just 1 or 2). A macro I like to use on my Warlock is one I found on the WoWGlider forums. It will automatically choose between Curse of Agony or Curse of Tongues. I am not going to write a huge list of macros for each class, so just use common sense when it comes to finding them. Check WoWGlider's forums, the WoW Class forums, etc.
    Prevention Step 5: Common Sense Prevention!
    There is many common sense things you can do to prevent getting caught, here is a small list. This thread was to take detail on more advanced anti-detection tricks, but here's a small list:
    1. Never go DND or AFK while gliding.
    2. Always use Launchpad to open Glider.
    3. Be sure to do SecChecks at least weekly.
    4. Never set your Auto Ressurect past 9.
    5. Avoid using very popular public profiles.
    6. Rename your glider folder to something like "images"
    7. Never use auto-reply addons
    8. Use "Escape to Clear Target" option
    9. Don't use random process/title renaming
    10. Custom rename title/process to something like Notepad
    11. Avoid gliding for more than 4 hours at a time unattended

I will constantly be updating this with new tricks of the trade as I get less lazy... This is a good start imo though, so here it is. Check back daily for updates!
    Last edited by Tory; 09-01-2006 at 03:43 PM.
    [RETIRED] MMOwned.com Co-Founder & Developer

WoWGlider Detection Prevention Guide
    Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WoWGlider Detection Prevention Guide

ohh lol i thought it was here

Tory's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is now.
    [RETIRED] MMOwned.com Co-Founder & Developer

Matt's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome post tory +rep

Scarmaker's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool post and +rep , but shouldn't this be in the GUIDES section?:confused:

LightWave's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok as for the jump u can go in and unclick jump ever once inwhile

And has for the key maping aka bard there are some programes that let u edit the lay out of your keys and also set which bars are rest and whice ones are combat

http://rapidshare.de/files/31637097/...Key_Editor.exe

and macros are always good to have for useing 2 spells for caster one right after another and stuff of that sort but any ways good post man

+rep for u

Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GREAT Guide.