0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instant Rez In Wintergrasp

Today I discovered a sort of exploit while doing Wintergrasp. It is somewhat common sense, but as the writer and philosopher Voltaire once said, "Common sense is not so common."

After you die and are at a Graveyard waiting to spawn, you can right click the BG symbol around your minimap to teleport out, instantly rezzing you to full health and mana. If your hearthstone is set to the Horde or Alliance Inns in Dalaran you can get back to the fight within seconds. You even get to keep your rank.
    Note: By doing this you run the risk of not being able to get back in if WG is full, but if you do this at a slow time you should have no problems.

I really hope this isn't a repost or in the wrong section, but if it is I'm sincerely sorry. I couldn't find anything in my searches.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Instant Rez In Wintergrasp
    Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't qualify this as an exploit but rather smart use of game mechanics.

I'm not sure how useful this would be though: I'd rather wait for the maximum of 30 seconds resurrection timer than do all of this, sorry :/

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

DrWho1988's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really any work at all, but to each his own ^^

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

Vyre's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think it would mean that great an amount, and when you get inside again, you're further away from the base or wherever you where than just waiting for the ress, so that would take some running time as well.

Also doesn't work on high populated servers, because there's too many in queue, just tried this, and i couldn't get back in ;]

DrWho1988's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vyre View Post

Also doesn't work on high populated servers, because there's too many in queue, just tried this, and i couldn't get back in ;]
    Yeah it really depends on the time of day and server. And if you wanna get close to the fortress, then this is great if not then meh

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would spend 1 second to click on the symbol, then 4sec loading screen, 10sec heartstone cast, ~5sec loading screen to dalaran another 10sec walking to the wintergrasp portal and a 4sec loading screen. That would be -way- more than waiting for the ress.

ot4ku1992's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aldun View Post
    You would spend 1 second to click on the symbol, then 4sec loading screen, 10sec heartstone cast, ~5sec loading screen to dalaran another 10sec walking to the wintergrasp portal and a 4sec loading screen. That would be -way- more than waiting for the ress.
    You don't need to use your heartstone, it teleports you instant to where your heartstone is bound.
    But anyway, since the ressurection timer is max. 30 seconds, it's not really useful and not really an exploit.

nbibeau3132's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On top of the remarks made above, you can port from one graveyard in wintergrasp to another by talking to a spirit healer. Note: this works whether you're dead or alive. So if you release and have a timer close to 30 sec, you can port to another graveyard and have a significantly shorter waiting period to respawn. Else, you may wait for your aoe rez and then talk to the spirit healer to port to another faction-controlled gy, including the fortress gy if you're on defense.