0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more elevator deaths + chance to survive valkyries drop

Have wow windowed right click the title bar and hold it the game will appear frozen whilst you hold it and your character will have stopped falling.

Do this when the valkyrie drops u in the lich king fight wait till the next phase wen the ground reappears and let go perhaps you will land on the ground instead of falling to your death.

Tested this with the elevator in shaterah jumped at the top whilst the elevator was at the bottom held it for a few seconds and landed when it was at the top with no fall damage.

P.s also useful for exploration as discovered by Feroid further down the page.
    Last edited by l00011094; 07-05-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Typo

No more elevator deaths + chance to survive valkyries drop
    SwedishGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know fall damage are clientside in some way so this may work.
    Just because something is useless to you doesn't mean its useless.
    I have no warrior therefore every warrior related exploit is useless to me but i don't post [NO "USELESS"]

soulchief's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried a few times, and never worked.

l00011094's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also tested on my druid i dismounted high in the air waited a few mins then let go of the button and was still at the same spot and remounted. This may also help if u fall and have a life saving cd such as divine shield on cd u can right click wait till the cd is up and then let go use ur cd and u wont die . Make sure you have windowed mode option clicked and click the bar at the top of the wow screen which will make the wow screen stop moving.

lswartz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i tried this on my druid while grouped with my pally alt account- when i let the druid fall and freeze, when i look at my pally's window it looks as if the druid fell to the ground and is standing there with no fall damage. Then when i let go of my druid frame and cast flight form, on my pally screen it looks as if i instantly teleport into the sky. Confirmed- fall damage is client side. going to try this in LK this week, but the server may still say im dead because it assumes that you fall continuously, which would mean you fall to oblivion still and die.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, i thought the OP meant when you freeze the screen, it resets your position so you take damage based on the fall from that spot.

aganbagan's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just have your DC macro at close and have decent reaction when this happends? Failproof.

finalball's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could've sworn they fixed this several patches ago?

Feroid's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed.

Rocket boots + engineering parachute for 30 secs. Hold the screen for 30 more secs while the parachute goes off CD and then use the Parachute again. It basically allows you to chain parachutes. The only problem is that when you right click on the title bar, it opens the right click menu and you have to click to get back to the WoW window before using any keybinds. So to work around this I made a simple macro with my Logitech g110 that presses escape (to close the right click menu) then presses the key my paracute is bound to. Works flawlessly.

Edit:

Since when can rocket boots explode and throw you straight up? I thought they removed that in like 3.1. I've probably used my rocket boots 300+ times and this is the first time that happened.
    Last edited by Feroid; 07-03-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Feroid View Post
    Confirmed.

Rocket boots + engineering parachute for 30 secs. Hold the screen for 30 more secs while the parachute goes off CD and then use the Parachute again. It basically allows you to chain parachutes. The only problem is that when you right click on the title bar, it opens the right click menu and you have to click to get back to the WoW window before using any keybinds. So to work around this I made a simple macro with my Logitech g110 that presses escape (to close the right click menu) then presses the key my paracute is bound to. Works flawlessly.

Edit:

Since when can rocket boots explode and throw you straight up? I thought they removed that in like 3.1. I've probably used my rocket boots 300+ times and this is the first time that happened.
    Probably a registry hack to disable menu when right clicking the title bar.

lswartz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i tried this on Lich king and it does in fact work- the valkyr tried to drop me off the edge and it appeared to everyone else that i was floating in mid air (guildies confirmed this in vent) I would have been fine but a defile spawned under me and killed me (while floating in space)... if only i had made it to transition. obviously i couldnt get a screenshot because it freezes my screen, but I asked my RL to screen shot it of me floating if it happened again... will try to get one up here.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walkthrough on how to chain your slowfalls.

This is made for Windows 7 and Logitech G Series Keyboards. Feel free to change what you must for older versions of Windows and different keybords.

First open up Control Panel and search for "MouseKeys". Select the second line, "Move the pointer with the keypad using MouseKeys". Click on "Make the mouse easier to use" and then on "Set up Mouse Keys". Uncheck the "Turn on Mouse Keys" box and check the box "Turn on Mouse Keys with left ALT + left SHIFT + NUM LOCK". Click OK to exit.

Before this next step enter WoW and bind your slowfall button to whatever key you want that isn't a G key, a number pad key, or anything that involves Num Lock.

Now, open your Logitech G-series Key Profiler. Decide what G-key you want bound to your macro (I use G11). Left click that key, mouseover "Assign Macro...", and select "Create New Macro...". Name your macro whatever, I named mine Pause. Now, press the Start Recording button to the right. Press you NUMBER PAD keys in this exact order:
    (additionally, you can check your system tray to be sure Mouse Keys are turned off first)

-
    Esc
    [Slowfall Bind]

Your macro should look like this

My Slowfall bind is 4, which is why there's a 4 there.

Next, right click the first "Num 5" in your macro and select Insert Delay:

Finally right click the delay, select edit, and change the value to 32000. This will pause your falling for 32 seconds. Change this to whatever you want for the CD on your slowfall minus its duration (ie 60 seconds CD for Parachute minus its 30 second duration). I added 2 seconds to account for latency and such. Multiply by 1000 because the time is in MS.

Final product should look something like this:

Click OK and you're done.

When you want to use the macro, mouseover the title bar, and press the button when the duration on your slowfall reaches 0.

Remember to turn MouseKeys back on after creating the macro by pressing At+Shift+Num Lock (must use the buttons to the left of the space bar).
    Last edited by Feroid; 07-04-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Greeens's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now think if this actually works to stop falling damage in TOC10/25 when the dks put on path of frost you will live while everyone dies.

jereminion's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt work for me :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't stop fall damage. It allows you to hover for as long as you would like.

So if you jump off an elevator shaft and the elevator isn't there, you can just hang in mid air until the elevator gets back.

That's how you could exploit it for the lich king. It isn't that you wouldn't die if you fell from the Valkyries. But after you've been dropped by them, you can hang in mid air until the platform forms under you for the transition.

Alternatively, you could have everybody in the raid make a macro that types in /afk \n. If they get dropped by Valkyries, they press the macro and DC. Once they get to the transition, the RL calls out in vent for everybody to log back in. They log in, and everybody lands safely on the platform.

But again, this exploit doesn't prevent fall damage. It just delays your fall.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast