0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WPE Pro General Info Post

General WPE Pro Information Post(GWPEPIP is still way too long <.<)

If you can't read the blue highlight it please sorry about that >.>

Plain Text download: Download this post in plain readable text
    If this is in the wrong section, please help me move it, I thought this was the best place to put my post.
    This is meant to be a simple info post about WPE!
    Please don't flame! And yes I consider it an essay.

Let me just get this out of the way now. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE TO HACKING WOW! This is simply a post that is meant to be simple and easy to understand and that contains info that some people might find helpful in some strange way.

Who is this post for?

This post is for people who are starting WPE Pro or need Clarification about certain subjects I intend to cover.
    This post is NOT for people who are:
    Advanced users(unless you need a small refresher)
    People who always feel the need to flame others. You are not wanted :P
    People who know the difference of client-side and server-side information.

Table of Contents

Sections, then Chapters, then Text.

To find these chapters simply use Ctrl+f on your keyboard and use that function to find the TAG next to the name.

Oh! That's what that is!
    --Section One--

<.1.>I need tools for this? :confused: - What is WPE Pro?
    {.2.}I just want a hack. - Why & When do we use WPE?
    <.3.>You mean I can't do that? - What can no longer be done with WPE?
    {.4.}Share it or else! - Why share your finds? What is the best way to share?
    <.5.>Be a real Rogue! - How to not get banned.
    {.6.}I don't see regular people text here... - What is Hex?
    <.7.>Can they just let us win? - Why use Hex?
    {.8.}I can't read that!!! - Hex translation.
    <.9.>You said hex though! - Encoded packets(SSL)
    {.10.}WTF are these? - Cache files
    <.11.>I can read that! - Not hex?

Tools of the trade.
    --Section Two--

{.12.}WPE Pro
    <.13.>A GOOD Hex translator
    {.14.}Optionals

Tips & Tricks
    --Section Three--

<.15.>Easy-Paste
    {.16.}Viewing only THAT stuff
    <.17.>Viewing only THIS stuff
    {.18.}Using 1.1 and 2.0 search
    <.19.>Benefits of limiting or expanding the packet-maximum
    {.20.}Modify ONLY that
    <.21.>Making a new packet because the old one was BS - No explanation :s

Getting Help
    --Section Four--

{.22.}Making a help post
    <.23.>Urgent help!
    {.24.}What can you give to let us help you?
    <.25.>Requests

Other stuff I didn't really cover of I did but forgot and decided to type over again (*sigh*)
    --Section Five--

{.26.}Expand your range!
    <.27.>Things you shouldn't share publicly
    {.28.}Use whispers
    <.29.>Extra tools
    {.30.}Useful sites
    <.31.>I/O - Give me info and I put it in da post!(maybe :P )

<.1.>I need tools for this? :confused: - What is WPE Pro?

WPE Pro is a packet editor. Packet editors capture and change values of packets,
    which carry all the information that comes and goes from the internet(remember
    www?) Modifying packets means modifying what the server thinks your doing or
    possibly even looting, buying, and/or trading. Everything you do ingame gets sent
    to your server in a packet, otherwise you would never be able to use your account
    or set a virtual foot ingame. To packet edit is to hack and so if you don't want
    or care to be banned by your server mods(if you are a mod or admin thats different
    :P ) leave this post right now.
    During this portion of the post you don't need to download ANYTHING(we have specail
    downloads for you later) so please just hold on until the end of section one, which
    is chapter eleven.

{.2.}I just want a hack. - Why & When do we use WPE?

We use WPE because other hacks just don't seem to cut it.
    For example WEH(Wow Emu Hacker) can't use a gold hack, so we would use WPE to accomplish
    that goal.

We would use WPE when we find somthing harder than we like it. We use WPE to even things
    out. Like obstacle courses and duels. We also use it when we want a secret or unreachable
    item ingame. There are times when WPE is not to be used on risk of BAN or CHARACTER LOCK.
    These times will be elaborated in a later chapter.

<.3.>You mean I can't do that? - What can no longer be done with WPE.

As far as I know the following can no longer be done or can be done but a new way has not
    been found yet:
    *Purchasing one item as a different item. (ex: Buckler for Frostmourne)

{.4.}Share it or else! - Why share your finds? What is the best way to share?

You should almost always share what you find unless you feel it would be better unshared.
    Only share finds you think you should, though it is encouraged that you always share it to
    trusted people and players. Remember to not repost or reshare ANY find. Always look thorughly
    for a hack before you post it or you could be banned(unless they didn't know it was a repost.)
    Almost every hack you find has the possiblity to make it into a larger project like WPC. So
    please share so you don't have to suffer at the wrath of others by not sharing. :P

<.5.>Be a real Rogue! - How to not get banned.

Always try your best to hide your hacks from admins and GMs/Mods. Remeber that if you let
    them know that you can cheat on their server, then they go onto high alert and no hacker
    gets to have fun.

{.6.}I don't see regular people text here... - What is Hex?

Hex stands for Hexidecimal or base 16. Hex is called base 16 because it only uses 0, 1, 2
    3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, and F. Hex is useful because it is small and compact,
    enabling it to travel across the world wide web faster than other code. Sadly, our friend
    hex has some very bad issues with security(I think he was robbed or somthing) and so he
    lets us in every time we ask... if you have the key to the door(WPE Pro).

<.7.>Can they just let us win? - Why use Hex?

Like I just explained, Hex is small and so it is fast. It allows your messages in IRCs and
    registration forms to go to the server and to other clients almost faster than it takes you
    to snap your fingers with a good internet connection. Hex makes using the internet faster
    and easier to do, yet it also allows us to break into the very foundations and break down
    the walls that make us the clients(therefore making us the server).

{.8.}I can't read that!!! - Hex translation.

Yes, we know that you can't read that! It's in an encoded form right now, *cough* dunce *cough*.
    To read code you either need a brain with the capasity to hold large tables of "code" or
    you need a hex translator. For most normal people the translator will work. But if you think
    that you can handle ALL the hex-code digits and what they mean, go ahead and be my guest.

Ascii Table - ASCII character codes and html, octal, hex and decimal chart conversion
    - Most codes(or maybe all of them) are there.

<.9.>You said hex though! - Encoded packets(SSL)

As far as I know only trinity core is going to SSL, which is encrypted or encoded packets.
    If they succede we may have to deploy people into their code to work out what is what,
    but for now lets stick to regular packets untill it is confirmed.

{.10.}WTF are these? - Cache files

You wow cache files are writen when you exit wow and contain each and every item and spell
    (also npcs) that you see or come in contact with ingame. These can be edited carefuly with
    hex-editors sometimes to allow for no colldown effects or other things, but that has been
    mostly fixed.

<.11.>I can read that! - Not hex?

Thats right! That is Utf-8. Utf-8 stands for Unicode Transformation Format, which contains
    most international text characters(a, b, c, 0, 2, 9, along with other languages). This is what
    WoW/Blizzard uses, since it is an international game, to communicate between the server(them) and the client(you).

{.12.}WPE Pro

After all of that I think you're ready to attempt to use WPE. I will only provide a download
    for the modified version because it's just so much better than the normal version.
    (Thank you Devlina!)
    DownLoad Link: http://filebeam.com/...847ff0909927457

<.13.>A GOOD Hex translator

If you have that table memorized you can skip this, but if you don't try to choose a good,
    and easy hex-translator or else you won't be able to do much.

{.14.}Optionals

You can download these files if you want, but, I will not describe them or help you with them.
    Cheat Engine: http://cheatengine.o...atEngine561.exe
    The Cheat(MacOSX): http://www.versiontr...fo/macosx/20790

<.15.>Easy-Paste

Most people make a great show of typing in the entire peice of hex code in WPE filters when there
    is a much easier way. When you want to paste a line of hex code into seprate boxes on a WPE filter
    right-click the top of the box you want to start the code at and click paste.
    (ex: click box 000 in advanced to start from there.)

{.16.}Viewing only THAT stuff

THAT Stuff is stuff that goes from you computer. To veiw only that, click view then click options.
    Unclick anything with the word Recieve in it.
    This can make the packet list much easier to read if you want to SEND data to the server only.

<.17.>Viewing only THIS stuff

THIS Stuff is stuff that comes from the server. To veiw only that, click view then click options.
    Unclick anything with the word Send in it.
    This can make the packet list much easier to read if you want to change data from the server only.

{.18.}Using 1.1 and 2.0 search

Using both types of search/logging lets you see both new and old version packets.
    Sometimes the server might use 2.0 and not 1.1 or visa versa. To make life easier just record both.

<.19.>Benefits of limiting or expanding the packet-maximum

Limiting or expanding you packet-max can help you capture things in timeframes of seconds or minutes.
    It could also let you take massive packet samples or get you disconnected.

{.20.}Modify ONLY that

THAT from chapter 16 is what the server gets from you, basically making it you gateway into it.
    Using THAT only can help in times when you need to change spell, item, or npc values.

<.21.>Making a new packet because the old one was BS - No explanation :s

When you use advanced mode you have two options. The default option will rewrite the entire packet if
    you tell it to. Be careful with what you do with this.

{.22.}Making a help post

When you make a help post be sure o give not only what you want, but what you think should be going on.
    You should also give anything that might help, including any packet logs(with IPs hidden) you can manage.
    If you can give possibly what you think would be involved with what you want(chat, shops, npcs, vote system)
    you may get help sooner.

<.23.>Urgent help!

Right now I am getting a small meebo chatroom setup since I can't be online 24/7 for you. :P
    Hopefully senior packet editors will choose to go to the chatroom to help you out sometime.
    Otherwise put a post in on the forums, who's stopping you?

{.24.}What can you give to let us help you?

What can you give us? Packet logs? Char names? Mail IDs? The number in your head?
    Give use what you think might be useful! We need details or we really can't help you.

<.25.>Requests

If you have a request, post it with as much detail(and grammar) as you possibly can!
    If we have nothing you have nothing.

{.26.}Expand your range!

Remember that their sites are also potential goldmines for hacks. Don't limit yourself to WoW!

<.27.>Things you shouldn't share publicly

Don't share What hacks work on what server. - or the owner will patch it O.o
    Don't share your char name.
    Don't share your level.
    Keep you IP secret from other hackers.
    Don't share your account.
    Don't share things you think you shouldn't share.

{.28.}Use whispers

When hacking, if you know someone ingame always try to hide hacking related chats you are having.
    Keep anything hack related in your chats to whispers and prevent invisible GMs from getting the jump
    on you.

<.29.>Extra tools

PermEdit: http://www.brotherso...dit-295755.html
    Description: For those who don't use the modded version >.>

{.30.}Useful sites

Hex translator: http://home2.paulsch...et/tools/xlate/

<.31.>I/O - Give me info and I put it in da post!(maybe :P )

Share what you want in this post! PM me infor or post it here if you want somthing to be added!

Linkback: Yet another WPE General Info Post - DeathSoft

P.S. Anyone may post this elsewhere, but always mention that I made it and link back to the original

every time. OR ELSE!!!
    - Sincerely Popinman32/Popinman322
    Last edited by popinman322; 08-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.
    Half Mac, half Windows.... Oh noez, I'm confuzled!

WPE Pro General Info Post
    Barrt73Rus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wpe on live server = ban
    wrong section.

popinman322's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wpe on live server = ban
    wrong section.

So much for positive results :P
    Informative anyway though.
    I put it here because WPE is a Program.
    This one is kind of the first place you see isn't it?
    Last edited by popinman322; 08-05-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Half Mac, half Windows.... Oh noez, I'm confuzled!

mareggg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Wpe Pro on the live server, but nothing happened, apparently using the wrong filters. Ban has not received. But I think if something happened to replace - it would have ended up in the ban. Barrrt 73Rus greetings from 116Rus =) Your Program (noGCD) - very impressed!

Barrt73Rus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miksu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    216/25
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change that blue text please, cant read it

dungo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mareggg View Post
    I used Wpe Pro on the live server, but nothing happened, apparently using the wrong filters. Ban has not received. But I think if something happened to replace - it would have ended up in the ban. Barrrt 73Rus greetings from 116Rus =) Your Program (noGCD) - very impressed!
    It not him program.

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job I like it. The correct forum is debatable, but for live servers this is mostly useless so I would say under the emulator section. All in all I like it.

CryptoCombat's Avatar Contributor #define ME 0x1337 CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The description of hex is so wrong, it makes me want to scratch my eyes out and pour bleach in them. Honestly? You think that computers use Hex for speed? Do you know how memory works? I'm sorry, but so much in this guide is misleading or just flat out wrong that I can't even finish reading it.