0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Class] Paladins. * Holadin * *PvE*

Hello fellow wow players. This Guide that i am about to release will help you understand how the paladin * healing class* is working. This will be 100% guide mayde by Ellenor.

Introduction to Holy Paladin aka Holadin.

Holadin is the best single target healer class atm. Due to our huge mana pull and other spells that i will explain later make us the must healer on every raid that exist and ofc because we are the strongest single target healer we can also be 1 of the best profit class and easiest to gear class! aka icc plate healing items . Anyway lets not go out of topic yet and lets start with the recommended addons.

Addons....
    Addons is really necessary if you want to boost ur healing done depending in ur first time healer / casual healer / raider healer.
    Recommended addon for all situation is Healbot continued. You can find it at
    Wow curse: HealBot Continued - Addons - Curse
    Wow interface: HealBot continued : Unit Mods : WoWInterface Downloads
    I am sorry but i am not gonna explain in this guide how the addon is working u will have to work on it at ur own. Lets go back to subject.. This healing addon is really nice and it will help u understand at least how to heal.
    Now lets move to other addons that will help you to both look out ur raid / party and make the raid succeed.

Pally Power: This is NEEDED by all means to all kind of paladins * tank - retri - healer* so u dont go in raid and see people crying for buffs. Also it will help u see the remain time of the buffs and better control on the buffs between paladins. You can find this addon at
    Wow Curse:PallyPower - Addons - Curse
    Wow interface: PallyPower : Paladin : WoWInterface Downloads

Clique (Click Casting): * I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this addon for advance healers.
    With this addon u assign * clicks example left click Holy Light Middle click cleanse right click lay on hands* It is really nice cause compare to the healbot YOU DONT LOOSE THE 0.25 Delay till u cast the spells THIS IS REALLY CRITICAL AND must use by my opinion if you want to be called * Elite healer* You can find this addon at....
    Wow curse :Clique - Addons - Curse
    Wow interface : Clique : Unit Mods : WoWInterface Downloads
    Dont try to use both healbot and Clique otherwise u will end up getting confuse:P

Grid (Raid Frames): Highly Recommend use with Clique.
    As the name says its a raid frame that will help a lot if u combine it with Clique and also REALLY important FOR ANY HEALER not only paladins cause it make much much easier to see the hp of the raid,and is very customizable to fit your needs. Also the cool part of this Magnificent addon is that GridStatusRaidDebuff can show raid's fight specific debuffs. About how to work on this addon either pm me to help you out or request me to explain it in another thread i will not bother explain DETAILED each addon in this section. i am sorry. You can find this addon at
    Wow curse: Grid - Addons - Curse
    Wow interface: Grid : Raid Mods : WoWInterface Downloads

ClassTimer (Spell Timers): I recommend using this addon along with clique and Grid other wise stick with healbot.
    This addons will allow u to track of the time left on all of your buffs like Beacon of Light , Sacred Shield and other. This will help you a lot keeping Sacred Shield on the main tank up 100% as well the beacon. And it will make ur life a lot easier and able to focus on raid. You can find this addon at...
    Wow curse: ClassTimer - Addons - Curse
    Wow Ace : ClassTimer - WoW AddOns - WowAce.com

Omen ( Threat Meter): I reccoment this addon on REALLY advance and elite healers that are focus mostly on survive and know how to use there spells.
    This addon will allow u to see the total threat ur raid has atm. Pay attention some class with their burst rotation can be aggro bitches when that happens you need to watch out for it cause in case that someone still aggro from boss this can lead to a wipe. And YOU DONT WANT THAT. Act asap when u see someone haveing a lot of aggro by either salvation or at the cost of some dps. Dont be afraid even to use BoP or in the worst situation D.I. The success of the raid is also in ur hands. You can find this addon at
    Wow curse : Omen Threat Meter - Addons - Curse
    Wow interface: Omen Threat Meter : Combat Mods : WoWInterface Downloads.
    And this is the end of the addon. And as last request to you healer DONT HAVE RECOUNT ON when you raid on boss. Dont let it distrub you be a pug guild run or w/e. If you succeed on boss u succeed as raid if u fail on boss and wipe u fail as raid end of story.

Flasks-Elixirs, Food and Potions
    This is another part that you need to understand as it will boost ur healing - survive - mana problems situation and other.
    We will start with the flask firsts.
    There are 3 flask types that a healer can use.

1st) and most common flask in use is Flask of the Frost Wyrm : This flask will give you a total increase on Sp * spellpower* by 125 and will count as both Elixirs. Effects like kings or anything else will not affect it. This Flask is recommended to be use when you have a decent mana pool and decent gear otherwise i will strongly suggest to avoid it.

2nd) And less common flask in use is the Flask of Pure Mojo: This flask will give you a boost on ur mana regen by 45 per 5. REALLY importan even if u are good geared and with decent stats on it and will save the day in battles that will require u to use SPAM HEALZOR example heroic Saurafang where u need to heal like a madman the mark target and the beacon tank.

3rd) And it really the rarest flask that people use is the Flask of Distilled Wisdom: This Flask will give u a boost of 65 intellect and it will get bonus from kings and other buffs. Still a solid option for a regen and throughput even though it is from Vanilla. With this one flask you will get improved mana regen from Divine plea aka DP. Recommended for players that are not really good with gear or mana pull and they oom really fast during a hard fight when the healing is really tense. I would not recommend this for raid except if you want to be a show off and haveing more than 43k mana hehe.Lets move to the elixirs.

As you know u cant use Both elixirs and Flask.So u need to choose wisely.
    At least you can have 2 elixir buffs on you at the same time * 1 Battle elixir and 1 Guardian* The elixirs that healers use is 3.

1st) Haste Elixir : give a total of 45 haste rating and is most likely the best Battle elixir that we can use. Ofc there is another option of a recommended elixir that can use.

2nd) Guru's Elixir : Increase all stats by 20 for 1 hour and it is really important if you need some extra stamina as well.

3rd) And for Guardian elixir i only recommend Mighty Thoughts. Givf a total of 45 intellect and can be combine really nice with the 1 of the other category elixir that i explain.
    Useall my combo is Guru's Elixir and Mighty Thoughts when it comes to use elixirs. Pay attentions on ur stats and if u see that u miss some haste rating avoid to use flask and instead use Haste elixir and Mighty Thoughts.Lets move to potions.

Potions.... The fan part that almost 95% of people doesnt use it or they really on Healing - Mana. And i will also give u a small exploit or abuse or whatever u want to say about it. This will have an effect with SOME potions only and dont bother wasteing any other potion. The small exploit is that Before fight guys Drink potion * Potion of Wild Magic* before fight and before u getting on combat mode, otherwise u will be LOCKED on cooldown If you do that u can use it later on fight with a SMEXY bloodlust AND U WILL SEE THE POWER OF HOLY SPAM! anyway lets go to more detail version and in what kind of potion u should use. There are 4 total potions u can use * 5 if u are alcemist* and that will benefit u.

1st) Runic Mana potion. This is the MOST COMMON potion that a healer use. * my opinion is NOT TO USE IT AT ALL* recommended for extremely hard situation where u spam holy light like a madman. Nothing else. This potion restores you 4.2k - 4.4k mana
    2nd) is Endless Mana Potion . This is for alcemist only it never run out so u dont need to have stacks with you and it restore 1.8k-3k mana. My opinion is to forget this pot at all cause u dont need to be greedy on raid . You can use it ofc if u doing something else like solo some quest and u need a mana boost.

3rd) is Potion of Speed This could be useful in some fights if you know there will be 15 seconds where you will need to maximize output. Pay attention if u pass some sort of haste cap it will only help u doing Holy light faster and it will NOT affect other spells like Fol aka Flass of light. This is recommended for people that doesnt have much haste and ALWAYS remember the little trick that i teach you before. Use 1 potion before Fight and entering combat mode and 1 when u gonna have blood lust for maximum output of healing.

4th)Potion of Nightmares - This got changed from its former brethren, so that it lasts 6 seconds of being inactive and is not able be cleansed. This is an extra 1200 mana over Runic. It heals and regen mana total of 5.4k and you can use it easily with Divine plea So you can have a maximum regen effect. Btw if you gonna do that inform the other healers so they know what they gonna w8 from it. Also avoid doing that on proffesor during the tear gas effect otherwise it will be dispelled. And avoid using that in tight situation of healing.Also it is not recommended to use this potion with the trick that i teach u before :P

5th) Potion of wild magic. Now thats SOME SERIOUS potion that you want to use B.A.D.L.Y. I recommended this for expert healers that know what they doing as well if you want to have an INSANE boost in ur total healing done. This masterpiece potion Increases critical rating by 200 and spell power by 200 for 15 sec. You cant imagine how wonderful it is when used before battle and after battle. A MUST USE POTION! Work perfect with the little trick that i teach you above Also Always use it when Bloodlust comes in play.Next Lets move to food.

Food... Sorry i am not gonna make a wall of text here but i am gonna say the best food that you can use as a holadin.
    There are 5 Kinds of Well fed status that u want to use.
    1st)And most common is Fish Feast:Gain 80 Attack Power, 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina for 1 hour.
    2nd)Firecracker Salmon: gain 46 Spell Power and 40 Stamina for 1 hour.
    3rd)Imperial Manta Steak: gain 40 Haste Rating and 40 Stamina for 1 hour.
    4th)Mighty Rhino Dogs: 20 Mana per 5 seconds and 40 Stamina for 1 hour.
    5th)Spiced Wyrm Burger: gain 40 Critical Strike Rating and 40 Stamina for 1 hour.
    Use the well fed status wisely and depently on what you need for the encounter.

Enchants
    I am not gonna make another wall of text here its pointless so i will say the recommended enchants that you need to have on your holadin.

Head - 50 sp 10 Mp5 or 50 Spell Power and 20 Critical Strike Rating
    Shoulder - 24 sp 8 Mp5 or 24 sp and 15 Critical Strike Rating
    Cloak – 23 Haste
    Chest - 10 to all stats or 250 Mana
    Bracers – 16 Intellect or 30 Spell Power
    Gloves – 28 Spell Power
    Legs – 50 Spell Power
    Shield - 25 Intellect
    Weapon - 30 Intellect or 63 Spell Power
    Boots – Run speed or 12 crit/hit or you can the health/mana regen by 7

Professions
    Ok people i am gonna explain here which is the best professions to use and as well the * 2nd profession that u can choose if you dont like or if u think that the 2nd profession that i am about to say it to expensive*

The best Professions that a holadin can have at least as for the first is\
    Jewelcrafting. :Gives you 42 int or additional item points with the stats or rating of your choice via three dragon's eye gems.
    And the second should be
    Blacksmith : Cause it give u total of 2 extra sockets that can be socket with another 20 intellect and that will be 82 int + kings + raid buffs insane amount of mana.

Now if you dont want Blacksmith because of your own reason i will recommend you the follow Professions that u can use.

Engineering
    Hyperspeed Accelerators - This use effect can be used during Divine Plea to lessen the downside of Plea and for burst parts of encounter such as Phase 3 Festergut. Other useful tools: Nitro Boosts gives 24 crit rating and a 5s burst of speed and 27 spell power to cloak instead of Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed. Assuming you use a Mana Potion Injector, Engineers will get 25% more out of Runic Mana Potions used inside the Injector.
    Leatherworking
    Fur Lining - Spell Power - Offers you a 46 spell power upgrade over the regular spell power enchant.
    Tailoring
    Darkglow Embroidery - gives 44 Mp5 over time Or Lightweave Embroidery - gives 73 sp over time instead of Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed.
    Master's Inscription of the Crag or Master's Inscription of the Storm - 46 Spell Power increase over The Sons of Hodir exalted version. And last is
    Enchanting
    Enchant Ring - Greater Spellpowerx2 - Gives you 46 Spell Power.
    You can choose 1 of these effects if in anycase you dont want to use blacksmith as the 2nd profession.

TALENTS
    Talent is really important to use in order to clarify what kind of healer you are. For example you can be PvP Holadin * for arena and bgs* or been pve healer.

Ok i am gonna give u some samples of Holadin talents spec and builds.

Holy PvP 54/17/0= Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Holy with Divine Guardian (52/17/2)= Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft This build is Semi pvp build and Semi pve build where u can give some armor boost to the party / raid which is good if u dont have a prot pally.
    Holy with Ret (52/5/14)= Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft This build is good for heroics, but doesn't have as much tank or raid healing potential because you would lose of Divine Guardian.
    And last is if you want to copy my holy spec is
    (51/5/15)= You can check my armory as well The World of Warcraft Armory - Ell.

Gems
    Well i am not gonna make another wall of text to teach you why u need that gem or w/e.

The Basic stat the holadins need is intellect so we use Int based gems.
    I will give u 2 kind of gems that u need to use in anyway of ur talent spec.

If you are holy light spammer lover then Yellow - Brilliant King's Amber (20 intellect) for HL focus

If you are Flash of Light Spammer lover then u can focus some gems to or Luminous Ametrine (12 sp and 10 intellect) for FoL focus.
    Meta gem Insightful Earthsiege Diamond (5% chance to restore 600 mana with a 15 second ICD and 21 Int).

Some tips that will help with ur Healing.
    To improve your healing, you should always be casting (or waiting out a global cooldown after an instant). Anytime a spell ends, you should already be pressing the key trying to start your next spell (WoW processes events when you release the key). When you want maximize throughput, train yourself to start another spell regardless of what's going on, and you can move or cancel your current cast if necessary after you have another second to think. Speedy Actions (if you spam your keys) and Quartz/Castbars will help you know when to start pseudo spell queuing.

Healing items and Spell will be explain a bit later. here.

I hope you like the guide if you got any special request about any other class feel free to ask me to make guide for it. I apologize for the big wall text. And if you have any questions feel free to ask. Plz by any means avoid flameing or w/e If you dont like the guide dont post ty vm.
    Last edited by Ellenor; 06-12-2010 at 04:15 AM.

[Class] Paladins. * Holadin * *PvE*
    JimmyTheGoat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm not gonna yell repost because clearly you decided to atleast reformulate everything but.. http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...d-version.html
    please search next time too see if a guide is usefull or not.

Serae's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    elitst jerks rip?

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I +Rep ed for the effort but in the future it's generally a good idea not to use common slang like 'u', 'i', '2', etc. it makes the guide much easier to read an interpret
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

rudydimacali's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ellenor View Post
    (WoW processes events when you release the key).
    Not if you get a handy little addon called SnowfallKeyPress(:

SnowfallKeyPress makes spells start casting on key PRESS, not release. Works for all keybinds, but not clicking.