Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get easy gold with JC (and optionally Enchanting)

Hello all,

I know alot of people, who usually ask me 'How do you get all the gold to buy that BoE's and all epic gems?' or something near that, normally I simply answer the question with a simple answer like ''play the AH'' or something, but now I think it's time I shared my trick, so here it is, step-by-step:

TLDR Version is down the post, however I advice you read the long guide for maximum profit and knowledge.

1. Buy Titanium Ores (You will have to find out for how expensive yourself, I usually go for 170 or less per 20, but it may differ on each server, depending on your economy)

2. Prospect all the ores you've bought, the more you buy, the higher your chance will be you'll make profit, if you only buy ~3 stacks, it really depends on your luck, I once had 4 epic gems out of a single prospect, but this happens VERY rarely, so make sure you get a decent amount of stacks, unless your feeling lucky, in the worst case, you'll make a few 100G's loss, but most of the time you either have a balance or profit.

3. Now you'll have to cut all the epic gems you've gotten, make sure you have the recipes that sell best (as in fast) - never look at the pricing, look at the demand. For example, a +20dodge gem might sell high, but you'll barely lose it, whilst +23SP sells a bit lower, but the demand is way higher. Even better would be if you get several recipes for each colour, and search which is going best on the AH atm, remember the demand though.

4. This is where the optional enchanting comes in, you've probably got some amount of green gems, cut most of them into some random gems, and vendor these (Make sure you have done the 'Gem Perfection' quest, so you have a chance to vendor them for 1g instead of 50s, counts up after a while), however, DON'T cut the following gems: Bloodstones, Huge Citrines, Chalcedonys, Sun Crystals. If you don't have enchanting (or a mate with enchanting), you can sell these aswell. (Also do the same with all blue gems, no need to keep these, unless you want some for alts/GB or something)

5. So, when you've sold a part of the green gems, and kept the ones needed, make the following rings:
    - Sun Rock Ring - Item - World of Warcraft
    - Crystal Chalcedony Amulet - Item - World of Warcraft
    - Bloodstone Band - Spell - World of Warcraft
    - Crystal Citrine Necklace - Spell - World of Warcraft

The mats for all of these recipes are 1 gem and 2 crystallized earth, so you will have to buy some of the earth, but mostly this costs nothing.

6. Disenchant all the rings you've gotten, and use the mats to make some 'Scroll of Enchant X - Y', check whatever sells good on your server, however, don't make too many of these or you will be stuck with them a long time, make around 20 and try to sell these on AH, don't make anymore unless you have 20. You can make multiple SoE's, but if you dont have anymore too make, just sell the mats.

This usually nets me a decent profit, if I'm lucky with the AH prices of titanium ore, I easily make 5K+ a week.

TLDR Version:

1. Buy Titanium Ore
    2. Prospect Ores
    3. Sell epic gems (cut) on AH.
    4. Cut the blue gems and Dark Jades/Shadow crystals and vendor these. (or AH the blue gems if they sell for 6G+ on your server, I vendor them for the comfort.)
    5. Use Bloodstones/Sun Crystals/Chalcedony/Huge Citrines + 2 Crystallized Earth (ea ring) to make rings. (See links for exact names of the recipes)
    6. Disenchant the rings, make scroll of enchants and sell these, vendor the mats if you cant do any good scrolls or have too many scrolls.
    7. Profit.

Greetings, Sardonyx.
    :wave:

Edit: You can either turn in the powder for tokens, ir sell them for a more guaranteed profit. I prefer to sell them, since they sell for 20-30g each on my server.
    Last edited by Sardonyx; 06-08-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added titanium powder info.

How to get easy gold with JC (and optionally Enchanting)
    Döner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost of Repost of repost ?^^

Trollblod's Avatar Elite drone
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Döner View Post
    Repost of Repost of repost ?^^
    I can't see a link, where is the link? I.e. stop calling out repost without giving a link. I am aware that this is most likely a repost, but I haven't found another thread yet, so I will leave it alone for now.

Sardonyx's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have searched on forums using jewelcrafting/titanium ore, haven't found anything, only similar post was someone advicing to save titanium ore for after 3.2 epic gem patch.

My excuse if this is a repost, I just couldnt fins any of this subjects, so for now, I will leave it .
    Last edited by Sardonyx; 06-08-2010 at 03:06 PM.

linkan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well this is a repost yes but its a good guide. but it doesnt work so good anymore like i did in patch 3.2

I WANT cataclysm now so ppl can start post new guides:<

Adorada's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sardonyx's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    This only covers the enchanting part and uses Saronite Ore for that, so this still leaves the titanium part, anyway, sorry for any reposts if I made them, I couldn't find any other posts, so I decided to put this up.

Moroar's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making gold in this game is soo frikken easy nowadays

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-one-week.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...lcrafting.html (half way down)

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...sing-gold.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ext-patch.html (half way down)

Searched: Jewelcrafting

Whilst I admit some did not specifically mention making scrolls, the whole profiting off the ring thing has been done before, sorry mate. But keep on trying to contribute.
    Last edited by abhorsenjay; 06-09-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

ketrish's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    old as my grandparents ?

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for trying to contribute, and well written guide but as the others say it is a repost (I know that, I myself have posted a similar guide).
    The original method is called the Saronite Shuffle where you prospect ore (usually saronite but can be other), cut the blues, craft the greens into rings and necks and then DE or Vendor.

Still, you wrote the guide out very well and it's easy to follow, I hope to see some more contributions and guides from you in the future