0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotter, a windows NodeAnnouncer

My first post, and first contribution, a simple program made in Autohotkey which will look at your mini map for you and beep whenever it finds one of those pesky orange dots which represent an ore, a herb or some other tracking node.

To use:

Move mouse to the top left of your mini map, and press Control-z to set the first set of coordinates at which it will scan from.

Move the mouse to the bottom right of the mini map and press Control-x to set the second set of coordinates.

Press Control-a to begin scanning.

I would like everyone to know that the idea of this came from the Macintosh program, NodeAnnounce (found here: http://www.savorydeviate.com/nodeannounce/).

Download link:

Updated Version 2: Spotter.exe This one should let you know it has started scanning.

Updated Version: Spotter.exe This one has a very simple UI.

Spotter.exe

Virus Scan:

Virustotal. MD5: 8d4c393af0e852aaefb9833102f04aef Heuristic.BehavesLike.Win32.ModifiedUPX.C!87

McAfee-GW-Edition picks it up as a heuristic, but I can guarantee that it IS safe. If someone might be able to confirm that would be great.

Video link, sorry for the bad quality: YouTube - Spotter-Mmowned-Endure

Happy tracking!

Edit:1:Added a simple UI with a start and stop button, will hopefully upload today or tomorrow.

Originally Posted by BlodyWarior View Post
    recieved the source and its legit. its very basic but its a start

all it does is ask for input where in what region it has to look for a mining/herbing-node based on collor pixel search.

this thread is realy 1 in a billion but its legit goin from the source.
    Edit...apparently it will work in full screen mode.
    Last edited by Endure; 06-12-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Spotter, a windows NodeAnnouncer
    BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all it does is ask for input where in what region it has to look for a mining/herbing-node based on collor pixel search.

@mnbvc paranoid or not hes goin out of his way to share what he did basic or not some people dont have the knowledge or just cba to do it themselfs. its basic yes. but does it work? yes!

back @ Endure as you asked i will not share the source to the public however i will keep it for future reference. Welcome to the MMowned community and some +rep from me to start off with ^^
    Last edited by maclone; 06-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Endure's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mnbvc paranoid or not hes goin out of his way to share what he did basic or not some people dont have the knowledge or just cba to do it themselfs. its basic yes. but does it work? yes!

back @ Endure as you asked i will not share the source to the public however i will keep it for future reference. Welcome to the MMowned community and some +rep from me to start off with ^^
    Thanks a bunch BlodyWarior, much appreciated. Should I still send the code to a mod, or is it alright now that it has been confirmed?
    Last edited by maclone; 06-05-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Endure View Post
    Thanks a bunch BlodyWarior, much appreciated. Should I still send the code to a mod, or is it alright now that it has been confirmed?
    to be in the save zone i would as im not a mod

maclone's Avatar / Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/1029
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recieved the source and as it is, it's not harmful, but helpful.
    Zomfg. And no, don't ask. - Dombo did it.

Bareno's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would <3 some confirmination from the .exe that its scanning, or that the scanning area has been set sucessfully, as it doesn't seem to be working on my combination of a square minimap (squeenix) and gatherer.

EDIT: Well, just noticed the updated version, that doesn't work either. Can't hear anything out of the ordinary after setting cords and pressing the big 'Start Scanning' button. I even tried this not in fullscreen mode, still didn't fix.

EDIT2: Yea, pretty sure the keybinds are simply not working for some reason on my side... odd...
    Last edited by Bareno; 06-07-2010 at 01:11 AM.

NosferatuD's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm... Doesnt work... could it be because i have a russian client??

Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt mather if its ru client or not, its a pixel scanner that looks for a specific color. the reason it might not be working is you use mapmod? perhaps that changed the color of the node. If its not working try running it as admin? major key functions are disabled if yer not runnin it in admin.

edit: been playin around with it you have indeed to run it in admin. when you set the coordinates it will confirm by beeping. it will not hover confirm you start the scanning so its best done to just go in my case to dala track innkeepers and stand next to it. on a sidenote it does not track nodes that are underground or in a building.
    Last edited by BlodyWarior; 06-07-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt mather if its ru client or not, its a pixel scanner that looks for a specific color. the reason it might not be working is you use mapmod? perhaps that changed the color of the node. If its not working try running it as admin? major key functions are disabled if yer not runnin it in admin.
    yeah, i have a SexyMap addon, but it doesnt change the color of nodes (the only thing sexymap changed for me - is the map size, and its placement in the UI, but i dont think its matter), and i think the program is running, cause when i press buttons to set coordinates of scanning zone, it makes sound. but when i see a yellow node mark on minimap, there is no sound alarming.
    any help? could it be GatherMate? (yet, i dont think so, cause all nodes are seen clearly on minimap, with the original wow color/style)

Endure's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: been playin around with it you have indeed to run it in admin. when you set the coordinates it will confirm by beeping. it will not hover confirm you start the scanning so its best done to just go in my case to dala track innkeepers and stand next to it. on a sidenote it does not track nodes that are underground or in a building.
    The next update I will try to include nodes that are underground/inside and I will try and make it beep when it starts.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Originally Posted by NosferatuD View Post
    yeah, i have a SexyMap addon, but it doesnt change the color of nodes (the only thing sexymap changed for me - is the map size, and its placement in the UI, but i dont think its matter), and i think the program is running, cause when i press buttons to set coordinates of scanning zone, it makes sound. but when i see a yellow node mark on minimap, there is no sound alarming.
    any help? could it be GatherMate? (yet, i dont think so, cause all nodes are seen clearly on minimap, with the original wow color/style)
    I could have sworn SexyMap makes the nodes a tad bit larger, and make them flash.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

@Bareno:

Try running it as an administrator if you have vista/win 7.

Do the nodes on your map change color at at all due to your addons?
    51 57 35 6b 49 48 52 6f 5a 57 34 67 55 6d 45 67 63 32 46 70 5a 43 77 67 49 6c 64 6c 49 48 4e 6f 59 57 78 73 49 45 56 75 5a 48 56 79 5a 53 49 3d

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have sworn SexyMap makes the nodes a tad bit larger, and make them flash.
    the size of node on minimap matters??? O_O Because - yes i changed the size of minimap with Sexymap, and nodes a little bit bigger.

Endure's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NosferatuD View Post
    the size of node on minimap matters??? O_O Because - yes i changed the size of minimap with Sexymap, and nodes a little bit bigger.
    I believe it would matter, but I'm not 100% sure.
    51 57 35 6b 49 48 52 6f 5a 57 34 67 55 6d 45 67 63 32 46 70 5a 43 77 67 49 6c 64 6c 49 48 4e 6f 59 57 78 73 49 45 56 75 5a 48 56 79 5a 53 49 3d

Thanks G/R
    5/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bareno:

Try running it as an administrator if you have vista/win 7.

Do the nodes on your map change color at at all due to your addons?
    I tried the administrator trick earlier, didn't work. And I'm not sure... question though. would adjusting the gamma while fullscreen ingame maybe break it? (the bar in the video settings)

Also, the ctrl-z and ctrl-x bindings don't make any sound like the video shows... so it may be something else? *shrug*

EDIT: Just tried doing this without squeenix (Link) and gatherer (Link) enabled, but it didn't seem to fix it...
    Last edited by Bareno; 06-07-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Endure's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bareno: Hmm, I'm not sure, to tell the truth.

Also, for some reason it seems to not be working on my computer now either, it is not beeping when I use the hot keys or anything...I will attempt to fix this today.

Edit: Working 100% for me now.
    Last edited by Endure; 06-12-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks G/R
    5/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heheheh, np, I'll be watching this thread for a update

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast