0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transformers: a guide to changing your look

As you all know, there is quite a variety of items ingame that change your look (And no, I'm not talking about faction/race changes, gear or the barber). Here's a guide of the ones I've been able to find .

1. Dartol's Rod of Transformation
    This item transforms you into a Furbolg, and has a 3minute cooldown. It is alliance-only and is rewarded from the quest Raene's Cleansing.

2. Orb of Deception
    This BoE item transforms you into a member of the opposite faction, for 5minutes, and has a 30minute cooldown. It drops many Vanilla monsters, check out the link for a list.

List of transformations:
    Gnome Male <-> Tauren Male
    Gnome Female <-> Tauren Female
    Human Male <-> Orc Male
    Human Female <-> Orc Female
    Night Elf Male <-> Undead Male
    Night Elf Female <-> Undead Female
    Dwarf Male <-> Troll Male
    Dwarf Female <-> Troll Female
    Blood Elf Male <-> Draenei Male
    Blood Elf Female <.> Draenei Female
    (Credits to Excorsism from Wowhead)

3. Orb of the Sin'dorei
    This item transforms you into a Blood Elf, for 5minutes, and has a 30minute cooldown. It drops from any of the bosses in MgT heroic, with Kael'thas having the highest chance for it.

4. Iron Boot Flask
    This item with a 60 minutes cooldown turns you into an Iron Dwarf for 10minutes. It also occasionally zaps enemies you attack for a bit of damage. You can buy this for 10 relics of ulduar.

5. Frenzyheart Brew
    This item, only available for people Revered with the Frenzyheart brew who buy the Jar, transforms you into a Frenzyheart. It lasts 5minutes and has a cooldown of 5minutes. It has no charges/uses.

6. Time-Lost Figurine
    This trinket transforms you into an Arrakoa, and has a 30 minutes cooldown. It has an 8% dropchance from the summonable boss Terokk.

7. Savory Deviate Delight
    Do I really have to explain..? Fishy that turns you into a Pirrrrate or a ninja for 1 hour.

8. Carved Ogre Idol
    This item turns you into a big red angry ogre for 10 minutes and has a 10 minutes cooldown. It's obtainable from the Trading Card Game.

9. Noggenfogger Elixir
    I'm not even going to explain what it does... Unless there are people living under a rock here.

10. Pygmy Oil
    This item doesn't transform you right away: first every stack will make you smaller, but if you drink enough you'll turn into a pygmy! This is a female gnome with a witchdoctors mask. The Oil is obtainable from alchemists.

11. Rituals of the New Moon
    This item created by Scribes transforms you into a wolf, and has a 10 minutes cooldown. It is an offhand item.

12. Gordok Ogre Suit
    This item transforms you into an ogre for 10minutes, and is used usually in Dire Maul. It is made by Tailors or Leatherworkers.

13. Deathbringer's Will
    This item transforms you in one of the Northrend races. The race also decides what stat you will get. The buff/transform lasts for 30seconds.

14. Underbelly Elixir
    This item can be found throughout the whole Underbelly of Dalaran. It can has various effects, for example everyone can change into a mage for 10minutes, or transform you into a (flying) wasp or tuskarr!

15. Mojo
    If you /kiss this pet, you will change into a frog for some seconds. The pet is obtained from de-hexxing frogs in Zul'aman. The sticks to de-hex drop from various mobs there.

16. Super Simian Sphere
    This is a world drop item from Northrend mobs, and turns you into a monkey with a big pink circle around you. It lasts for 5 minutes and has a 1 hour cooldown.

17. Magic Eater
    This fish can be fished up in Dalaran, and has a chance to turn you into a basilisk for 60 seconds. Note: don't use this in raids, since it's a debuff (can't rightclick it off) and prevents spellcasting.
    Edit: Also turns you into a wisp, a dragon, may give well fed buff etc. etc.. [Credits to Echoes, thanks]
    18. Hallowed Wand - Bat and all other wands.
    These wands are obtained by various ways during the Halloween event in World of Warcraft. You can use them to change a partymember into the animal/person the wand is for. The wands got 5 charges.

19. Brightly Colored Egg.
    These eggs spawn only during the Noblegarden event, and looting them gives a chance to change you into a bunny!

20. The Mischief Maker
    This item gets sent to you in mail when a stupid gnome in Dalaran polymorphs you. It gives you the chance to be a retard as well and change a random person in dalaran into a sheep for 15 seconds!

21. Bom'bay
    After you've completed the quest "Zalazane", this troll in Sen'jin village gives you the option to let him cast spells on you. With these, you can (together with other things) change into a Chicken, frog or snake

22. Turkey Shooter
    This item is only available during the Pilgrim's Bounty event, and enables you to shoot another player and turn them into a turkey for 1 hour. It's a reward from various quests.

23. Gnomish Poultryizer
    This engineering-only item changes your target into a chicken for 15 seconds (if it doesn't malfunction), and has a 5minutes cooldown.

24. Dire Brew
    Dire Brew can be looted in the Grim Guzzler in BRD, after making the npc at the fire pass out, and changes your appearance to an Iron Dwarf for 60 minutes.

25. Hook of the Master Angler
    This item changes you into a fish (only when swimming, duh..) for an infinite time, giving you water-breathing and increased swimming speed. This is a reward from winning the STV fishing tournament.

26. During Winter's Veil, you can walk through one of the transporters located throughout Azeroth to turn you into a red or green Gnome.

27. Discombulator Ray
    This item, made by engineers, changes your target into a Leper Gnome for 12 seconds. This is only useable on enemies, thus you'll have to ask someone of the opposite faction, or go duel someone.

28. Hallow's End Pumpkin Treat
    This item, obtainable during the Hallow's End event, gives you a chance to turn into a pirate when eaten (other effects: get bigger/orange/ghostly).

29. Murloc Costume
    This item was given away to participants of Blizzcon 2007, and is thus no longer obtainable. It transforms you into a murloc, has a casttime but no cooldown, and lasts till you perform an action like mounting or casting.

30. Winter Veil Disguise Kit
    This item transforms you into a stationary Snowman, which last forever. It requires a snowball to use, and the item is only obtainable during the winter's veil event.

31. If you completed the questline in Stormpeaks, every time you enter the Hyldnir area's you turn into a big blue ugly vrykul.

I'm sure I forgot some, so please just reply if you see any of those. However, remember that I left out most zone-specific items/transforms, as well as class-specific ones like druid forms.

-Aldun
    Last edited by Aldun; 05-05-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Transformers: a guide to changing your look
    SuperChickenofDoom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, +rep

ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im rather certain a guide like this was recently posted.

Edit: yup

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...tain-them.html

locololo2's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice compilation, found a bunch of items I've never heard of. thanks man

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im gonna let this one slide, a bit better organized. Not a repost

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fault View Post
    Im gonna let this one slide, a bit better organized. Not a repost
    Could you explain how it's better organized?
    Honestly they contain the same material in an almost identical fashion. One has orange text, one has gray. They both leave spaces after an item description.

Jotey's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i don't get it

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aldun is on a roll haha.

This thread does indeed have more items than the previous thread and is much more reader-friendly.

One thing you could do to improve your guide though is add thumbnail previews of what each item makes you look like.

EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17. Magic Eater
    This fish can be fished up in Dalaran, and has a chance to turn you into a basilisk for 60 seconds. Note: don't use this in raids, since it's a debuff (can't rightclick it off) and prevents spellcasting.

Also turns you into a wisp, a dragon, may give well fed buff etc. etc..

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EcHoEs View Post
    17. Magic Eater

Also turns you into a wisp, a dragon, may give well fed buff etc. etc..
    Thanks, gonna change that right now.

Aldun is on a roll haha.

This thread does indeed have more items than the previous thread and is much more reader-friendly.

One thing you could do to improve your guide though is add thumbnail previews of what each item makes you look like.
    Well, they could just click the link and they'll get sent to a screenshot right away, so I don't really see the use of that