0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Make gold Farming Pristine Black Diamonds in Stratholme

Ok this is my first contribution because I hate being a leecher. Sorry if this is double post. I've searched the forum and did find one reference to it but it was basicly just "farm this item and hope for the best". So here's my guide:

For this to work you need access to Scholomance. So you require the Skeleton Key or a friend that can open the door for you. If you are hated by Booty Bay etc etc for The Insane, you will have to become friendly with them again if you wish to get the Skeleton Key yourself.

Ok, once you're in Scholomance, you should farm the first 3 rooms. Once you reach the room with the little dragons, there's no point of farming any further. This useally takes you about 13 minutes a run, which is enough to not get saved (max 5 dungeons / hour). Each run you have a chance you will find a Pristine Black Diamond. On my realm, these are 500g worth.

The droprate of this item is pretty low, so don't expect it to drop every run. When you're lucky, you get 1 drop every 2/3 runs. If you're unlucky, you useally still get 1 drop every 4/5 runs.

Well from here, do the math:

1 drop / 5 runs / hour = 3K gold / 6 hours farming
    2 drops / 5 runs / hour = 6K gold / 6 hours farming

Well you pretty much get the picture now. Good luck farming!

PS: Even without any drops, you should still farm about 150/250g / hour which is more then enough for your repair bills and still keep a fair amount for yourself.
    Last edited by bjorno43; 05-03-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Forgot PS

[Guide] Make gold Farming Pristine Black Diamonds in Stratholme
    Imakepigsfly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to be a douche but this is extremely server dependant. on my server your lucky to sell one for over 30g

tekstorm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, very server dependent. 100g on my server and it has a great economy.

warcraftjohn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your lucky to sell one for 10g on my server...if that. Agreed that its server dependent.

Crysto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    400g on my server.

The droprate is a lot rarer than that though, you'd be lucky for 1 in 2-3 hours.

bjorno43's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I agree that it's server dependent. I knew the value would vary on servers but I thought it would be worth at least quite a bit cuz it's so hard to get enough of them for certain achievments / quests.

But only 1 in 2/3 hours? Damn you must be the most unlucky player I've ever seen. My 2 bro's, me and half my guild does this and they all have the drop rate I mentioned. I'm not the kinda guy that shouts b4 I've asked at least 10 others players to test it

Still, for those with a bit more lucky drop rate and a nice value of the item, can benefit pretty much from this

Crysto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bitch of a drop rate, I believe you though. Might try this out a bit later and record the results.

Also you could run people through and charge them per run = more gold/hr

Not to mention, they could save a lot of time by looting everything.

EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my server, there's none at AH. seen sometimes someone buying for max 30g in trade <.<

TinusNED's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You all sure it's the PRISTINE black diamond? because there is also a Black Diamond if I am not wrong with same look that sells shitty.
    Tell me ur server where they are below 30-20g each and I will transfer to ur server and buy a couple hunderds and make 10 thousands gold profit

LiquidShizzles's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TinusNED View Post
    You all sure it's the PRISTINE black diamond? because there is also a Black Diamond if I am not wrong with same look that sells shitty.
    Tell me ur server where they are below 30-20g each and I will transfer to ur server and buy a couple hunderds and make 10 thousands gold profit
    This. I just got done selling 43 of these and made myself around 12k. 250g a piece on my server, sometimes up to 300. I'm pretty sure these wont drop below 100g on a medium populated server.
    Jesus smokes bud.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's partly true, Pristine Black Diamonds do usually sell for between 80g and 350g on most servers.
    As TinusNED said, you get Pristine Black Diamond and Black Diamond - with a vast difference.

I just want to point something out:

Originally Posted by bjorno43 View Post
    Well from here, do the math:

1 drop / 5 runs / hour = 3K gold / 6 hours farming
    2 drops / 5 runs / hour = 6K gold / 6 hours farming
    Your first one: 5 Pristine Black Diamond at 500g each farmed in 6 hours = only 416.67g per hour.

However the drop rate is extremely low and you could honestly make more gold doing other things.

Usually when I powerlevel characters with RAF from level 45-60 in Strat I get about 3 Pristine Black Diamonds over about 4-7 hours. But even at the extremely unlikely price of 500g per diamond, you still looking at only ~375 gold per hour maximum.

I mean look, it is good that you are trying to contribute to the forums and we appreciate that, it's just the amount of gold you can make per hour here isn't on par with most WOTLK gold making methods.

Lastly your thread name is misleading.

Originally Posted by Unholy[S]haman View Post

WoW Guide section RULES:
    - No bad/inappropriate Language. Do not try to hide your language either by switching letters, etc.
    - No 4chan stuff, like mudkips/shoop da whoop.
    - No catpics, dogpics, spampics (etc lolcats).
    - No Racism
    - No Insulting Other Member(s). This includes gender or racial related comments.
    - No Asking for Reputation
    - No Trolling(Starting Fights/Useless Comments/Flaming.
    - No Spam or Advertisements of any kind. It's the moderators judgment if he/she thinks it's spam/advertisement or not.
    - No Doubleposting. Use the edit button to add in additional information.
    - No Bumping/Necro-Posting. Don't bump a thread to get more view/replies and don't reply in an old thread.
    - No Reposting. Please search before you post anything.
    - No Questions/Requests In Wrong Forum. If the forum does not allow questions/requests, do not post them.
    - No Bad Signature Content. Do not use your signature to insult member(s) or link bad content.
    - Use Proper Thread Titles. Please make sure that your thread title accurately describes the content - not just "My 1000g/hour method".
    - ALWAYS [Tag] your thread titles.
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...s-section.html

I realize that there have been a few inappropriately titled threads lately and we are going to be cracking down much harder on them from now on.
    I have changed your thread name for you.
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 05-04-2010 at 05:58 AM.

heiamll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are pretty much impossible to farm for. Its like trying to farm for a world drop. Ive been doing near full clears of Strat/Scholo/DM for Insane and have not seen a pristine drop once in two months. In fact, in all of my Wowing.. vanilla, running friends through old instances (including LBRS), ive must have run those dungeons literally hundreds of times. i can remember two(!) drops. Theres plenty of money to be made in Strat/Scholo but unless you are farming something else like Skins or Stitchings, its most likely not worth it.

Pristine prices on my server usually sit around 300-500g. Heres a tip if prices are too much for you and you are farming for Insane.. flush the market out by buying the 5-10 that are sitting on AH at the crazy price. The diamonds are rare enough that no one person can reliably put them up at the demand they are at. So if there are none on AH, normal leveling people or those that dont know their worth, wont see the high prices and list them at whatever price they think up. People see they cant be vendored and just put them up for a couple gold if there is no reference on AH. My best steal was 4 of them for 50s!

edit: Results of flushing out market. Still risky but hey, its Insane for a reason lol
    Last edited by heiamll; 05-04-2010 at 08:05 AM.

bjorno43's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, srry about the title. Didn't rly think it was wrong.

Judging by the reactions, I guess this farm just doesn't work for most players. I hope it's still usefull for some of you though.

I'm gonna try and find new, more relyable ways to collect gold, or perhaps some other interesting stuff Cheers!

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a decent attempt at giving some advice but I really don't think it's helpful.

As someone who is working on the INSANE title, I can tell you that I have farmed those guys for HOURS and never got 1 drop. I have pretty much realized that you can't really farm them. So, I just assume you have been very lucky, cause you really cannot farm them.

oosanders's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these are going for about 800k a gem on my server.
    might have to check this out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast