0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to dps.

Throughout wow there are some members who do not pull as much as they could.
    Do you wonder why some people are 1,2,3 and even 5k higher than you?
    The solution is not getting that new weapon or that special trinket.
    The solution is below.
    This post has been in my guild forums for a while(written by me) and I decided that it could be intersting for you guys to read it and it might be intersting and helpfull.
    First of all I would like you to watch this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI]YouTube - How To Do Top DPS in WoW[/ame]

This is by far one of the most important videos to watch if you are a dps player.
    Most of you use one or two of these tricks but using them together helps ALOT.

I'll also add some personal tips.

Tip1:Get a better computer.Nothing will raise your dps more than a better computer.With more fps you will move faster.You will be able to react faster and most importantly you will have less time between your attacks.

Tip2:Fix your connextion.Get leatrix http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... cyFix.html get it install it and forget about it.Call your ISP get a better package.Aim for the highest package.I play with 8 mbps and I am outdpsing you.It's not normal.

Tip3:Get snowfall key press.http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Press.html
    This will reduce the time waisted on manual lag to 0.This is one of the backbones of min/maxing and should be used by everyone.At first it will be weird but as you get used to it this is the best addon you will be able to get your hands on for a staple dps increase.

Tip4:Get a clean UI.I have a messy UI but I am used to it.Yours should be clean.The cleaner the ui the more you can watch the battle field and less the addons.WoW is about the battlefield not your addons.

Tip5isable recount.For the love of god every single second you spend watching recount your wasting dps time and gcd time.Make looking at recount the last thing after the boss dies because frankly it's an evaluation and not a be-all-do-all.

Tip6o not worry about gear.If you get a controversial piece go ahead and test it.I spend around 30min-1hour on a testing dummy on a localy run Private server with 0 ms and I can actually add or remove as much as I want to recreate a raiding environment and I try to see how much dps I can be pulling and how much I am at the moment.You don't have to go to that extent just test out in Stormwind or Ironforge.If you do want to learn how to run your own private server to test out new gear checkout this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnB7nmV8QGQ]YouTube - WoW private server repack one of the bests[/ame].

Tip7:Watch your trinkets.It was said in the video and I repeat it now trinkets can be an EXTREEM dps boost.No matter what they tell you GO FOR SCALING TRINKETS.Forget the small does X damage or 20 haste/second or whatever go for trinkets with procs.
    DBW the proc stacks.
    Whispering fang skull the proc stacks.
    Reign of the unliving the proc does NOT stack.If your gear gets better the proc stays the same.
    When a trinket procs use your cooldowns.Do NOT.I repeat do NOT pop all your cds at the start of the fight.I pop my cooldowns 5 seconds into the fight because I know by then my muradin will have 7 stacks and my reign will have proced 2-3 times already as well as talents etc.

Tip8:KNOW THE FIGHT KNOW THE FIGHT KNOW THE FIGHT.
    It doesn't matter what kind of gear you have or how much dps you can do if you are spending 1 second moving away and not dpsing the boss that's 10k damage lost.
    React to abilities before they happen.
    The less you spend moving and the more you spend damaging the boss the better it is.

Tip9:Find a rogue/disc priest and ask for tricks and power focus or hysteria from a blood dk.This is a bit controversial but it does help.If you are working on a world of logs record or something similar it will help alot.

I will update this as I go on.
    I will also heavily moderate this thread.Keep every single post about how to improve your dps or suggestions/questions.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by DragonWaxter; 05-02-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    WZ7K4HW9XZW9

How to dps.
    spitfire456's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video is from YouTube - Kripparrian's Channel , a hunter dps from Exodus EU.

DragonWaxter's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spitfire456 View Post
    Video is from YouTube - Kripparrian's Channel , a hunter dps from Exodus EU.
    Not just any hunter! =)
    he is one of the lead figures of exodus and also been topping charts since tbc.
    By the way I never meant to not give credits I though people would follow the video link and see that it is kripparrian.
    WZ7K4HW9XZW9

mpollywolly's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Guide, knew this stuff but hopefully it will help some of the people that are having trouble topping the dps charts and helping their guilds progress.

savadious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the guide ! I will get the non working links from your other posts... but these little tips I already knew - just reminded me to go back and make sure I was doing what I knew I SHOULD be doing !

Helped !

Thanks !

+RAP

thebigman's Avatar Contributor Reliable Trader
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    26 (96%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    simply,know your rotation, make the rotation keys easy to access, make sure you have spare energy resources for times you need to press it the most, like trinket procs or certain boss situations.

also overall pay attention and learn when to pop cooldowns and what goes with what.

enjoi enjoi enjoi's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the guide this really helped me

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked the guide, it had some nice indepth analysis on otherways to improve your DPS other than the most common ways.

I will be cleaning up this thread now, especially since you have proved you did write the guide.

Remember guys HE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE AUTHOR OF THE GUIDE TO POST IT ON MMOWNED.

Refer to to the sticky for more information.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...s-section.html

wowregister's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Informative guide. Thanks for sharing.
    My signature has been Parogified.