0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ventrilo Normalization

Ever had that problem, that while one dude in your guild speaks so low you must turn up the sound to max to hear it, while others speak really loud? Now you can make them equal.

Vent Normalization makes everyones voice the exact same volume. In essence, you won't blow your ear's out or have difficulty hearing people.

Here's how:

- Go to Setup

- Enable Direct Sound

- Select the SFX Button

- Select Compressor and click Add.

- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings

- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be. (I use 15)

- Attack = 0.01

- Release = Around 500

- Threshold = Around -30

- Ratio = 100

- Pre delay = 4.0

What the settings do

Gain
    How much volume you feed into the compressor. Not really relevant unless everyone is too quiet, then you can turn this up a little; turning it up too much will sound EXTREMELY crappy.

Attack
    How fast volume change will happen. example: setting this to 500 means that anything coming in will only be dropped in volume after a half a second. for vent this should be set as low as possible.

Release
    how fast the compressor stops changing things. Not really that relevant with vent, setting it around 500 is good for voice material.

Threshold
    This sets the point where we actually start changing what s coming in. Whereas 0 is the absolute loudest you can have for an input, -60 is super quiet. Average users will probably come in somewhere around -25 to -15, with the occasional few being really quiet, which is why I have this set so low.

Ratio
    How much any sound below the set threshold gets compressed and/or modified in the volume department.
    If you still want to hear SOME volume variation then set this lower (2-4)... the higher you set it the closer in volume everyone will be.

Pre delay
    Mostly just deals with processing; with computer and digital processors they can look ahead a few milliseconds to see what needs to be dropped in volume or changed before it actually comes through the speakers. Highest is ideal.

Ventrilo Normalization
    ivansmashem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try this out and see how it works as soon as some other people get on Vent. Thanks for info.

Confidence's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a repost.
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...alization.html

Learn to search and stop being such a copy+paster, I see the "(I use 15)" unique line on both threads.

Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Direct Copy from:

Originally Posted by Alkhara Majere View Post
    Last edited by Confidence; 05-01-2010 at 09:40 AM.

ChildeRoland's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. I did search for it here on MMOwned, but yeah, it's a repost. I've acctually talked to Kurios about reposting, and it's not against the rules, if it's not from this page. But again, didn't see that one when I searched, so sorry.

Confidence's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Damn. I did search for it here on MMOwned, but yeah, it's a repost. I've acctually talked to Kurios about reposting, and it's not against the rules, if it's not from this page. But again, didn't see that one when I searched, so sorry.
    Well from what I see, it looks like you found the other post and saw that it was older, so you reposted the same exact post (this time in color) in an attempt to deceive the community and gain rep because you thought we'd forget. Hmm...