0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DK Dps Guide For new 80s.

Hello. This is my first post so please be kind. Some information about the specs will be opinion based. When I first hit 80 on my Death Knight, I really didn't know anything about how I should spec, WHAT a rotation was, what stats to stack and many other things. For those of you who are also fresh 80's, this guide should help you cover those topics I didn't know anything about. F.Y.I. I will be taking a bit of information from Elitist Jerks so don't just say I'm copying and pasting without saying anything

The first thing you should know is information about the specs. We have our three trees: Blood (Which is really focused on spamming Heart Strike and Death strike in between keeping diseases up), Frost which is what I am (The dual wield tree that focuses on Physical Damage, Runic power and Obliterate), and finally Unholy (Focuses on Diseases, your ghoul and Scourge Strike.)

For each spec these are the ones you should mainly focus on. (Though I post these, these are not the only ones you can use. You should tweak them to your needs. Also, Glyphs are included in some the links.)

Blood: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Frost: http://talent.************.com/?deat...Du1IiuD,,11685
    Unholy:http://talent.************.com/?deat...PEqE,HpF,11623

Now for gear, All specs should be taking plate pieces of gear that can get them strength, and at least enough hit to meet the cap (8% hit). Once you have hit the hit cap, you can start to stack strength gems in the slots of your armor. You may want 1 Prismatic Gem to get whatever your choice of prismatic gem is. Hopefully, you will take one that only needs 1 red gem, 1 blue gem and 1 yellow gem so the prismatic will cover all of them.

For rotations, they are these (The rotations them selfs, also taken from elitist jerks) :

Blood: The GoD rotation is made up of two distinct parts. There is your Open Phase (1), and then the repeated phase (2). You begin with the (1) rotation to set up your diseases, and then repeat two until your diseases fall of some how, or the enemy dies

(1) IT-PS-HS-HS-DS -Dump- DS-HS-HS-HS-Pest -Dump-
    (2) HS-HS-HS-HS-DS -Dump- DS-HS-HS-HS-Pest

Frost: The frost spec is weird because you need to work on a FCFS system which is explained in this picture.---------------------------> [IMGR][/IMGR]

Unholy:PS – IT – BS – SS – BS – DC – HoW
    SS – BS – SS – BS – DC – DC– (DC)

Well, I've run out of things I can think of to cover so if I have missed something, please comment saying so. Bye :wave:
    Last edited by mikey9537; 04-24-2010 at 02:01 PM.

DK Dps Guide For new 80s.
    R 3 A L 1 T Y's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might wanna fix links

Nice guide

+Rep

mikey9537's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh wow thats bad! ahah ill try and fix that now

Edit: Ok the website was ************ and now no matter what, it does stars, any idea of how to fix that?
    Last edited by mikey9537; 04-24-2010 at 02:02 PM.

nialnees's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicely done oh and the frost dps is really wierd xD could the frost dps be shortened to a macro?
    I'm accepting model edit requests - anything from simple model swaps to reskins and custom models! PM me

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nialnees View Post
    nicely done oh and the frost dps is really wierd xD could the frost dps be shortened to a macro?
    I would suggest against it because as you see in the picture, the rotation is never the same, if one thing happens you should do it before another thing is needed to be done. But maybe, I can see if I could write one up for it.

ChildeRoland's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ omg, CnPs! It's all from EJ, except for a little bad unholy rotation, as that f**s up your Death runes. Wouldn't say this is a good guide, rather a "Here, I took a little from EJ, you should go there if you wanna see more, but remember to give rep" post..

Also, there IS NO FROST ROTATION. If you wanna do good dps as frost, you follow that flowchart, (which also is CnP'd from EJ, btw), and do exactly as it says, and don't give a damn about rotations....

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't care less about rep. I'm just trying to help people out. sure i took a bit much from EJ but really. I didn't even know about that till someone told me about it. This is for new 80's so if they find it useful, then its ok!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point is: If you wanna make a guide for new 80's, make them a guide that will help them at least. A guide saying "Go to elitistjerks and read <this> post" would be more helpful than this.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok then. i will agree with you. my guide isnt that great but someone found it useful so unless its deleted, im keeping it up.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be mistaken, but finding it useful isn't the same as cheering up someone with 4 posts that are trying to contribute. Sorry, but I ain't that nice.

Elitistjerks have a great guide for frost and unholy, not sure about blood, but if reading such a wall of text is 2 much (not a shame if it is, I barely survived the unholy guide ), then you should give http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...dps-guide.html a chance. I'll make one for frost as soon as I get a second one-hander as well

nialnees's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mikey9537 View Post
    I would suggest against it because as you see in the picture, the rotation is never the same, if one thing happens you should do it before another thing is needed to be done. But maybe, I can see if I could write one up for it.
    I didnt mean the /castsequence or however that macro starts, but a macro that basicly checks all that stuff on the picture and reacts to them since its really hard for a new 80 to check everything in a very short time and react properly
    Last edited by nialnees; 04-27-2010 at 07:36 AM.
    I'm accepting model edit requests - anything from simple model swaps to reskins and custom models! PM me