Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All specs at once for alchemists (guide)

Wasn't sure whether or not this should be posted in the exploits section, but since most gold making tips reside here I thought this'd be a good home for it. It is a well known fact that alchmists can change their specializations with relative ease once they are first acquired. Talk to the person who trained you, unlearn it for 100g, then talk to whoever trains the alchemist spec you want. However I've found that something very few people do is exploit this mechanic.

The 3 alchemist specs are very different in how they produce items. While potion and elixer masters mass produce pots and flasks, transmute masters typically go at a slower pace, only getting multiple transmutes in a day when using saronite. This led me to the conclusion that there is never any spec but transmutation worth actively holding! Flawed logic? Perhaps by itself, but not when you factor in the spec changes.

Step 1: Get an alchemist with whatever spec. Buy TONS of herbs, in fact, having a stock in your bank before starting this plan would be optimal.

Step 2: Change to elixer spec, make enough flasks to last for months.

Step 3: Change to pot spec, repeat step 2 with pots.

Step 4: Change to transmute spec. Transmute as usual til you run out of pots or flasks. Enjoy the fruits of effectively having all 3 specializations at the same time.

In hindsight this little trick seems kinda common sense, but so many people are amazed when I share it that I thought I'd post it here. Enjoy. ^^
    Last edited by Intioto; 04-23-2010 at 05:24 PM.

All specs at once for alchemists (guide)
    Arcanejunk's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    comon sense...

Subset's Avatar Vanaka
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @arcanejunk.
    Be quiet, you really shouldn't call common sense.

If what the OP is suggesting, I think you can have all three alch specs at once. I would think that is NOT intended by blizzard, and I didn't know it. I bet you didn't know it either. Will +rep if someone can confirm.

Intioto's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Laughs*

The saronite shuffle is an extremely common sense theory. Didn't stop it from being the best gold making idea out there for much of the expansion.

Just because an idea is common sense doesn't mean that everyone thinks of it. This is one I've found relatively few think to do, while it is EXTREMELY profitable. ^^

*edit*

While technically you don't have them all at once, you effectively get maximum bonus out of every spec simultaneously for what, 2-300 gold every couple months? I won't call it a brilliant idea but it has sure made me some gold. :P
    Last edited by Intioto; 04-23-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Spildabongwada's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh, this isn't an exploit. All your saying is to get one spec, make a shitload of items. Then just change specs and make more items.
    Just because an idea is common sense doesn't mean that everyone thinks of it. This is one I've found relatively few think to do, while it is EXTREMELY profitable. ^^
    I have to agree with you though, this not common sense. For the simple fact that it makes no sense whatsoever to do this.

P.s. change your title, it is very missleading...

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by enagic View Post

If what the OP is suggesting, I think you can have all three alch specs at once. I would think that is NOT intended by blizzard, and I didn't know it. I bet you didn't know it either. Will +rep if someone can confirm.
    he isnt suggesting that you can have all three specs at once at all...

he is simply stating
    1- Make flasks
    2-Respec
    3- Make Potions
    4- Respect
    5- Transumute Gems
    .....?

U have to pay 50G each time u respec..... and this is in no way an exploit as you are allowed to change alchemy specs any time u want.. u are not getting around any sort of game mechanic....

Since u posted this in guides and never claimed it was an exploit im not gonna say anything negative.. this is in fact a "guide" on how to have lots of pots and flasks at a time.. but not an exploit as was previously suggested by Enagic

thanks for posting though. +2rep for the guide
    Last edited by 7itanium; 04-23-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Barrt73Rus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200g to respec.. where is exploit?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez, I thought more people would be open to the idea of simultaneously taking advantage of every spec. When you make 600+ flasks at once and 800+ pots 200g is less than a drop in the bucket.

I realize now that I mislabled my title. I'm sorry that I believed that effectively allowing yourself the benefits of all specs was outside of what was intended by the designers. However as I've found myself making a lot of gold with this strategy, I still believe it is worth sharing.

However, let me ask my critics, do you take advantage of this on your alchemist? If not, why not? If you're currently elixer or potion spec you are directly screwing yourself. Please do not speak harshly to me if you are either of those specs.

*Edit*

A realization! I should have clarified that this is not a guide for the poor! If you have less than 5,000g to invest this plan is much less effective.

*Laughs*

I was thinking about people being mad at me then I realized somebody was whining about 200g and I put 2 and 2 together. Sorry about that guys.
    Last edited by Intioto; 04-23-2010 at 05:31 PM.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as u can see I gave u rep on this post.. and agreed that it was indeed a good method to make money that some people indeed tend to overlook

I was arguing with enagic not with the OP

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    he isnt suggesting that you can have all three specs at once at all...

he is simply stating
    1- Make flasks
    2-Respec
    3- Make Potions
    4- Respect
    5- Transumute Gems
    .....?

U have to pay 50G each time u respec..... and this is in no way an exploit as you are allowed to change alchemy specs any time u want.. u are not getting around any sort of game mechanic....

Since u posted this in guides and never claimed it was an exploit im not gonna say anything negative.. this is in fact a "guide" on how to have lots of pots and flasks at a time.. but not an exploit as was previously suggested by Enagic

thanks for posting though. +2rep for the guide
    Well ya see, he did claim it was an exploit when this thread was titled "Alchemy Spec Exploit", which then lead Enagic to think he was talking about having them all at the same time. Then the thread was renamed (see: my previous post) apparently just before you got here, sir.

I wonder if OP would still be 2 reputation points richer if you would have seen his exploitation claim and decided to just say something negative...

Edit: Oh yeah, and in response to the first line of your reply- The thread name is "All specs at once for alchemists (guide)"

That's pretty suggestive I'd say lol
    Last edited by Spildabongwada; 04-23-2010 at 08:09 PM.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess so yes... TBH when I am judging the contents of a thread I tend to read whats in the text of the thread rather than what the title says

but he indeed shouldnt have called it an exploit

since thats been fixed now however, I think we can just get on wish allowing people to read this gentlemen's guide

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He gave me the rep before the name change mr. spilda.

I like how this guy lurks for 8 months posting barely at all only to show up to start flaming me. This is an interesting board. The vets almost universally seem like nice people, but there are many people who seem to be here solely to argue. I've noticed this in all my threads, though strangely these are always people with shit for rep they seem more than happy to tear down other's ideas.

I mislabled a thread but gave an idea to the community that can make any alchemist thousands of gold. Gee willikers, maybe I should be flamed until I leave. It's absurd. Not a single thread I've made in these forums has gone unflamed, and though I'll admit this time it was my mistake, at least twice the initial post to flame me has blatantly been due to their lack of reading. WTF is up with the community here?

*Edit*

For reference I joined this place because I love the idea behind exploration, but I am quite frankly bad at it, and very unoriginal in my ideas. Therefore I thought I'd contribute to this place in the way I know best, oddball gold making strategies. Though I'm not the richest person in WoW I have reached gold cap and thought that some of my ideas might be appreciated. Should I stop trying to contribute in this way? I know leechers are looked down upon, but it seems that I'd be better off that way?

*Edit 2*

Also with my guide you DO get the benefits of all alchemist specs at once Mr. Spilda. Please don't laugh because you do not understand simple concepts. It is embarrassing for you and the one trying to communicate to you.
    Last edited by Intioto; 04-23-2010 at 10:49 PM.

dallasrunner's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a bit helpful information to me as i am new to the profession's game

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Intioto View Post
    He gave me the rep before the name change mr. spilda.

I like how this guy lurks for 8 months posting barely at all only to show up to start flaming me. This is an interesting board. The vets almost universally seem like nice people, but there are many people who seem to be here solely to argue. I've noticed this in all my threads, though strangely these are always people with shit for rep they seem more than happy to tear down other's ideas.

I mislabled a thread but gave an idea to the community that can make any alchemist thousands of gold. Gee willikers, maybe I should be flamed until I leave. It's absurd. Not a single thread I've made in these forums has gone unflamed, and though I'll admit this time it was my mistake, at least twice the initial post to flame me has blatantly been due to their lack of reading. WTF is up with the community here?

*Edit*

For reference I joined this place because I love the idea behind exploration, but I am quite frankly bad at it, and very unoriginal in my ideas. Therefore I thought I'd contribute to this place in the way I know best, oddball gold making strategies. Though I'm not the richest person in WoW I have reached gold cap and thought that some of my ideas might be appreciated. Should I stop trying to contribute in this way? I know leechers are looked down upon, but it seems that I'd be better off that way?

*Edit 2*

Also with my guide you DO get the benefits of all alchemist specs at once Mr. Spilda. Please don't laugh because you do not understand simple concepts. It is embarrassing for you and the one trying to communicate to you.
    And I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, that maybe he said you never claimed it to be an exploit simply because he got here after you took out your claim. Obviously, reputation on this site determines one's ability to interpret someone Else's post...obviously.

There is a reason all of your posts have been flamed. You will clearly see the difference in the community's response when you post a quality guide.

And once again, no, you DO NOT get all three benefits at once. The benefits of being a certain spec is having the ability to get a proc for more items that you are creating. Not possessing large quantities of said created items. Anyone using clear logic and reasoning would conclude that once you abandon a spec, the benefit is then lost because you are now NOT able to get a proc for more items you are creating. Unless of course there was some sort of exploitation going on. Hence the previous confusion.

I'm not even flaming you anyway. Sorry my responses are not sugar-coated, they are just simply my opinion.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use this tactic spilda on your alchemist? If not, please leave this topic as you've nothing to contribute to it. If so, I am sure you see the virtue in such a method, and though I mislabled the thread at first I am sure you can agree that it is a sure money maker for all alchemists.

Where would this thread be more appropriately placed? People have already acknowledged this thread's usefulness, and though we can agree that this does not live up to this site's definition of exploit it surely is a useful bit of information for any alchemist that Blizzard probably did not intend. Would you say that this information has no place on this forum? Would you say this despite the fact that people have gained knowledge from it's existence?
    Last edited by Intioto; 04-24-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast