Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Hunter/?]+30-90!!% damage at Fester (hc)

Just found this by accident when wiping on Festergut hc. A hunter that knows wtf he's doing can pull (or taunt) the boss, and pop deterrence before he hits. Then, with some luck you can manage to do this 3 times (usually 2), which means a +30% (and otherwise +20%) damage bonus for 2 minutes. After 1.5minutes, repeat this, and after that another time. this allowed you to get +90% bonus damage, which really helps. Remember, this is a bit risky so only use it if you know how to play.

This might work for other classes as well, but I'm not sure.
    -Aldun

[Hunter/?]+30-90!!% damage at Fester (hc)
    tompatus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. The debuff you're talking about is Gastric Bloat (I would link it but I don't have enough high post count, search it on wowhead).
    Your idea might work, but the fact that when Festergut leaves the tank position while running towards you, he might casts vile gas on somebody and this especially hurts if that somebody is the tank and his offtank buddy.

I wouldn't risk this especially if it's HC mode. Try it on normal though!

PS. Offtanks job in this fight is to taunt off the boss from the main tank, so the damage buff (Gastric Bloat, causes explode after 100% damage bonus) doesn't stack high enough and I am pretty sure that it's more raid- and dpswise to give that tank the 70-90% extra damage for 1.5 min rather than having a hunter with 10-30% extra damage. Especially feral druids hit like crazy in cat form.
    Don't forget that the main tank will taunt from the offtank and offtank will too have that extra damage. I am pretty sure two tanks with 70-90% extra damage will make more dps than a hunter with that 10-30% extra damage in that 1.5 min time.

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you taunt and go in melee range right away it will work without vile gas problems. And yea I know the stacks usually go to tanks but this way they go to a dps first and a tank after it. And the buff doesnt go away in 1.5min: every 1.5 you can add another 3

batax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This works just as well as havning a Feral go bear, pop cd's and taunt. All tho the risk of useing a hunter is a risk i wouldn't take as a raid leader.