Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super fun way to make 1000g+/hour (tank only)

A while back (I may have been a bit drunk at the time) I was bored and decided to grind something on my paladin tank. Since I didn't have the bloodsail admiral title at the time, I decided to go zerg booty bay. To my surprise, the bruisers melted away like nothing and the title was achieved in short order. Looking at my clock, less than 3 hours had passed since I started, and I had taken a small break. This gave me an idea. Selling the Bloodsail Admiral Title.

Though it is an extremely easy title to get, it remains one of the rarer titles. Why? Well, firstly it can involve pvp, which a lot of people are squeemish about, and secondly squishier classes (lol rogues) can't pull this off nearly at the speed tanks can. My solution? Charge for the title! Add somebody to your party and just romp all over the bruisers while your customer chills out in the bay. Charging 2,500 gold for this (a more than reasonable amount) you easily get 1,000g an hour if you're ICC10 geared(where my paly stands). If you're better geared or can find customers who'll pay more, it can easily be 2k gold an hour or more! Get multiple customers at once for max profits.
    Last edited by Intioto; 04-20-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Super fun way to make 1000g+/hour (tank only)
    Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn people actually pay for this? grind only takes a couple hours lol.

Intioto's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup yup. Squishy classes who are poorly geared LOVE being walked through it. In addition, this title can be sold to anyone 55+, as that is what level avast ye admiral can be completed, making it a great title to sell to level capped accounts. Not to mention due to the achieve's flavor text, people tend to overestimate the grind.

Oh, I suppose I should mention why it is super fun. You get to crush all the low levels who are trying to quest if you're on a pvp server, and if you're on a pve server, you will still get PLENTY of... let's call them love messages about your choice in farming location, and how it is inconveniencing them.

Flarian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice, unique way to get gold +rep from me

[Blackstorm]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really original! +rep

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then sell the goblin rep grind for double the amount and have them go afk following you.

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool idea +Rep from me, sadly I had to grind this on my warlock all alone, took me a few days.
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

Yorac's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Idea, to bad I'm not a tank. +Rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vixxi View Post
    Then sell the goblin rep grind for double the amount and have them go afk following you.
    I know this was most likely said tongue in cheek, but are there any other benefits to getting your rep back up besides being allowed in the cities? I hate to say it, but this'd likely take much longer.

*Laughs*

Perhaps if you wait a few weeks for people to realize how annoying it is to get mobbed by goblins you can make a killing.

oliverkorona's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats really nice, wonder how "good gear" you have to obtain. I think any decent 80 paladin tank with 22k+hp can pull this off pretty quickly?

bongagedon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    works good with druids, i started it as a druid tank when i had like 4.5k gs and didnt go down in hp at all haha. reading this just reminded me i have to finish it and my gear has gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. btw to get rep back sell lowbies cheap SM runs and say you want all the silk cloth and hand silk and red dye into the bloodsail traiter outside booty bay

Lolguy11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, On my dk, I boosted a Paladin friend of me

I'm dps, i just pulled some mobs after time instead of dieing, and had some pots with me

took me 2-3 hours for Exalted...for 500g(becuase he was a friend)

My dps gear is ToC25man / 2/t10 , boots-251 and weapon 251 some other lower leveled gear. mostly 245/251 soo

+Rep from me btw, ( why can't I come up on these ideas of putting on Mmowned :banghead: )

duality32's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, you dont need to be a tank to do this. I just get in my pvp gear and do it in blood spec. It heals you while you won't take any down time from getting 10-12 of the bruisers. I tried both my tank gear and my pvp gear. With the tank gear, it took awhile because of low dps.

But yeah, I tried it on my druid at level 75 and was gettin owned, doesn't help that I was resto spec. Haha. But change over to bear and you got it all day. +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oliverkorona View Post
    Thats really nice, wonder how "good gear" you have to obtain. I think any decent 80 paladin tank with 22k+hp can pull this off pretty quickly?
    Not sure if you'll be able to do it in 2-2.5 hours, but according to other posters here 3 hours might be more than reasonable.

Good call to the one who suggested a pvp dk spec. With their life regen that should work almost as well, I hadn't even considered that. It would be even better if there were any cross faction... disagreements.

mr.mohawk
    Basically tanks can offer their services with many things. As a drood they can charge for Anzu runs. And there are other things (like collecting legendaries in MC). Nice way to pay for all those repair bills

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast