0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Blizzard Authenticator - J a v a ]

For those that missed it there is a wonderfull guide to get the mobile authenticator to work on most cell phones, i tried it myself today and it realy works fine and i realy feel like i wanna spread the word since this is probably the best thing blizzard ever made.

Here's the link to the guide,

http://deathcoil.net/authguide.html

For those that are afraid this might be a keylogger itself i can guarantee you that it's not and if you're still afraid i'm posting the guide in this post to.

This guide will allow you to run the Java Mobile Authenticator for use with Battle.net account on any Windows Mobile phone.

Requirements:

On PC:
    Firefox (Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable)
    -User Agent Switcher addon for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59)
    -Wireless Markup Language addon for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/62)

On Phone:
    Intent MIDlet Manager 11.1.7.1036 (http://www.webalice.it/risidoro/inte...1.1.7.1036.cab) Mirrored locally here
    A supported carrier (Unconfirmed. The authenticator synchronization works over any connection. It may be more aimed at being able to charge you.)

=====Note to EU Users and non-Windows Mobile Users=====

Nirias of Moonglade-EU was kind enough to send me this e-mail detailing some important information for both EU WoW players and those without a so-called "supported phone."

"I got the app working on a Sony-Ericsson k600i which is not a Windows Mobile phone by following your guide and skipping the step about the MIDlet manager.... I can [also] add that if 'Purchase by SMS' is cheaper than the Paypal option (which it is [in my part of Europe]) you can use that instead as long as you do NOT accept the incoming Java application on the phone. If you DO accept it on the phone their stupefied download system will mess up your purchase and you have to start over. Instead read the URL from the message details in there and extract the customer ID and follow the rest of the guide with that."

*** UPDATE ***

Nirias was also kind enough to do research on using my guide in conjunction with Android phones which are becoming ever more popular and taking up a larger market share. This is what he had to say regarding how he got the Mobile Authenticator working yet again on a "non-supported phone."

"I got the app working on an HTC Hero which is not a Windows Mobile phone. Hero is based on Android (Linux) and all Android phones are very much alike, so this method is likely to work on any Android phone.

I followed your guide but skipped the step about the midlet manager. Instead I installed the Netmite J2ME Runner (the midlet manager for Android) from Android Market (it's free) and ran the .jad file with that. The J2ME Runner converts the .jar to a regular Android app by wrapping it with some extra code. It basically lets you run it like any other normal app.
    You have to enable the "3rd party apps"-feature to actually install the app once it has been converted, but J2ME Runner will instruct you on how to do this.

One thing to note: If you start the Blizzard Mobile Authenticator application twice it may display a black screen at the second invocation. This may be because BMA does not properly handle suspend/resume and doesn't redraw the screen. If your phone has tilt sensitivity you can tilt the phone to horisontal viewing and back again to redraw the screen. If not, you can just use the taskmanager to kill the app and then restart it.

One other thing to note: If your phone doesn't have a keyboard you can get an on-screen keypad (for pressing the "#"-key to sync) by clicking in the top-right corner of the screen."

=====Guide=====

1. Firstly, make sure you have all the requirements above.
    2. Go to Download :
    3. On the phone select, select Motorola for brand, V3i for phone, and your operator.
    4. Click purchase
    5. Put in your number, get the text message.
    6. Put in the four digit PIN and purchase the application (you'll get charged at this point.)
    7. In Firefox, go to Tools -> Default User Agent -> Edit User Agents -> Options
    8. Click "New" -> "New User Agent"
    9. Clear all fields.
    10. Put anything in description. In user agent, put "MOT-V3i/08.B4.34R MIB/2.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0" without quotes.

11. Hit OK, followed by OK again.
    12. Go to Options -> Default User Agent -> Select the one we just made, which will show up in the list as what you put in "Description" in step 10.
    13. Get the URL from the browser message on your phone, it should look something like: http://wap.bizmobil.com/download/XXXXXXX/index.wml where "XXXXXX" is a randomly generated, personal URL
    14. Go to that URL and download the application's .jad file. This will be located at http://wap.bizmobil.com/content/game...5x15_1_0_0.jad

15. Right click the download link for the .jad and copy it to clipboard. Paste it in your address bar and change the .jad to .jar, so it looks like http://wap.bizmobil.com/content/game...5x15_1_0_0.jar

16. Place both files on your phone as well as the MIDlet Manager .cab all in the same directory
    17. Install the MIDlet Manager by opening the .cab
    18. Run the MIDlet Manager
    19. Go to Menu -> Install -> Local and click on "Blizzard_MC"
    20. Now you should be able to run "BMA" within the MIDlet Manager. Note that it requires an active data connection on the initial running.
    21. NOTE: You must exit the Blizzard Authenticator app by hitting the "Exit" button. Otherwise you will have to restart your phone as the Java app will crash within its emulated environment.

If you've managed to get this to work on a Windows Mobile Phone not listed at the bottom of this guide, drop me an e-mail.
    The Java app SHOULD work on any phone that has Java capabilities. Also e-mail me if you get it working on a non-Windows Mobile phone.

Big thanks to Vivec and i'm surprised how i even could miss this guide! Huge thanks and big love to you for putting this together.:wave:eppersdance:
    Last edited by coolcrash; 02-04-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: thx

[Blizzard Authenticator - J a v a ]
    HiddenFear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never ask for +rep, also this guide seems awfully familiar.

chester_cheet64's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap, there goes my dive into actually contributing something to this board... (just got mine working, but debating on actually not relying on that emulator)
    Last edited by chester_cheet64; 02-04-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah after reading the wall-o-txt I see what I did differently than you...

Still got the moto jar app from there website

converted using... Get APK (option 2 JAR file) and change "Display custom screen size" to anything you want (except the one where it resets the app)

Mounted sd card, copied to root, un-mounted, used astro file manager to install the apk and j2me emulator opened it up and ran it flawlessly.

Then again my way seems easier than the extra few steps it took you... And after its installed my way, you can make a shortcut to it to your home screen (the authenticator is on the roll bar even though its being opened up in an emulator)

*edit* Here's the rapidshit link to the already converted EU version of the authenticator

http://rapidshare.com/files/34590899...1_0_0.jar.html

(10 download max)

*edit2* Is there any way I can request to have a name change... And added pic of app running on my android

http://i50.tinypic.com/9sfqyv.jpg
    Last edited by chester_cheet64; 02-04-2010 at 02:07 PM.

coolcrash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chester_cheet64 View Post
    Ah after reading the wall-o-txt I see what I did differently than you...

Still got the moto jar app from there website

converted using... Get APK (option 2 JAR file) and change "Display custom screen size" to anything you want (except the one where it resets the app)

Mounted sd card, copied to root, un-mounted, used astro file manager to install the apk and j2me emulator opened it up and ran it flawlessly.

Then again my way seems easier than the extra few steps it took you... And after its installed my way, you can make a shortcut to it to your home screen (the authenticator is on the roll bar even though its being opened up in an emulator)

*edit* Here's the rapidshit link to the already converted EU version of the authenticator

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

(10 download max)

*edit2* Is there any way I can request to have a name change... And added pic of app running on my android

http://i50.tinypic.com/9sfqyv.jpg
    yeah i can c ur point of view it might work also i can provide the file if needed also :>

coolcrash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyway it was just a try out for those that would like to make it work and get it safety

turner850's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to get this to work on verizon phones?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which verizon phone are we talking about?

DisturbingEffect's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand is this so you could use it on the computer? Please explain for me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can either...

A. Use it on your computer
    B. Use it on any Java compatable dumb - phone thats not listed
    C. Use it on any Smartphone with the capabilites to compile JAR files (Android/winmo)