0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[help request] Class Design / Spells

Not really a help request, but something similar. As opposed to most people here, I have only played WoW for maybe... <50 hours..i haven't even played half of the classes, most not further than lvl 10 (As I am unemployed atm, I don't have $$ for an account). So my question is (in general) how are you guys handling the different wow spells? For example, some attack spells shouldn't be used unless #Attackers >1 (WarStomp, for example), some burn spells shouldn't be used unless a prior burn spell was cast (I forget the names), some you must be *behind* the target, etc..so I was wondering what types of properties you guys keep for spells? Currently (embarrassingly..) I must create an 'Attack Spell File' ..this works for very basic attacks..the only real requirements are that the mob be in range! Which is working for my low-level hunter, but as soon as I try to use a 60 paly (...again, because I haven't played enough..I really just don't know enough about the sub. material) it's going to fail miserably -- so I kinda thought there must be two ways, hardcode ALL wow spells into the bot (or some .xml file), but that's a lot of work..especially since I'll probably never use some of the classes/spells. So my second idea was, just make the user create .xml files including all the attacks they want to use -- but, I need to give them more properties. Min/Max Range & MinNumAttackers will NOT be enough.

Code:
    Public Class wowAttackSpell
        Inherits wowSpell
        Private _minRange As Int32 = 0
        Private _maxRange As Int32 = 0
        Private _minNumOfAttackers As Int32 = 0
        ... 'public properties'...
        Public Overloads Function IsReady(ByVal target As objMgrUnitObject) As Boolean
            If MyBase.IsReady() = False Then Return False
            Dim dist As Single = GPS.DistanceFromLocalPlayer(target.PosAsWorldPoint)
            If dist >= _minRange And dist <= _maxRange Then
                If LocalPlayer.NumberOfAttackers >= _minNumOfAttackers Then
                    Return True
                Else
                    Return False
                End If
            Else
                Return False
            End If
        End Function
    again, not looking for code, just wondering what type of properties you guys give the spells (example: minDamange, maxDamage, etc..) (because AttackSpell inherits from basicSpell, it has a few other properties like 'key', manacost, etc. Still need more for my IsSpellReader() tho.. any ideas.

[help request] Class Design / Spells
    Allaway's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [no questions here]

abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Allaway
    "We do not condone scamming, this section is meant for people to read about scamming so they can prevent being scammed themselves."
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ml#post1416280

stfu If an admin wants to remove this, they have the power: until this..don't make it worse by adding your no-help filler.

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    @Allaway
    "We do not condone scamming, this section is meant for people to read about scamming so they can prevent being scammed themselves."
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ml#post1416280

stfu If an admin wants to remove this, they have the power: until this..don't make it worse by adding your no-help filler.
    this is the bots and programs section, that doesnt allow questions....not the scam section

abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously this post is an epic fail
    ...seriously, are you that bored that you felt the urge to post that? I know this isn't the scamming section!! I quoted him because (...read my quote above) he's giving me grief because THIS section says '[no question]' while he has broke the same type of rules in other sections..i was calling his bullshit, not trying to make this post about scamming....that's why I posted the link..of him breaking the same type of rules. As for you...you're only compounding the problem..if the admins want to get rid of the thread, they will ..you posting more comments about how it's wrong section/rules only makes the admins have to read more bs. Thanks you two..super helpful posts, don't know what I'd have done without you..I'd be totally lost. +REP

ps. (un-related) Public Class Scammer : PileODogShit

Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
    obviously this post is an epic fail
    ...seriously, are you that bored that you felt the urge to post that? I know this isn't the scamming section!! I quoted him because (...read my quote above) he's giving me grief because THIS section says '[no question]' while he has broke the same type of rules in other sections..i was calling his bullshit, not trying to make this post about scamming....that's why I posted the link..of him breaking the same type of rules. As for you...you're only compounding the problem..if the admins want to get rid of the thread, they will ..you posting more comments about how it's wrong section/rules only makes the admins have to read more bs. Thanks you two..super helpful posts, don't know what I'd have done without you..I'd be totally lost. +REP

ps. (un-related) Public Class Scammer : PileODogShit
    how bout make the admins jobs a bit easier and read the ****ing red text. moron.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you obviously don't care, I gave you infractions instead of a warning.

Next time you post something like this in this section, it'll be a 1 week ban.

Also; you were told to read the giant red text above the forums, and you decided to flame instead.

Enjoy your other infraction points.

Idiot.