0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Release] BabBot

** WARNING ** This not is not in a finished state. You should consider this as an alpha release intended for TESTING ONLY **

BabBot is yet another Open Source WoW automata.

For those who have never heard of it, there is an old thread here on MMOwned with some outdated info: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...se-babbot.html

Download (32bit): https://sourceforge.net/projects/bab...7.zip/download
    Download (64bit): https://sourceforge.net/projects/bab...4.zip/download

The current feature list is limited to the following:
    - Works on XP and Vista (32bit and 64bit) and it's being tested on Windows 7
    - Runs as guest
    - Can launch WoW client
    - Has included C# scripting support (for combat and various scripts)
    - Can learn waypoints and walk through them
    - Can load/save route profiles
    - Can unstuck
    - Can fight
    - Can loot

Still missing:
    - Running to vendor/repair
    - Definitions for different classes
    - Questing
    - Gathering nodes

I know perfectly that some missing features are very important, but for those that have been following the discussion about this bot, it all started as a study and has now moved to an Open Source project at SourceForge.
    This means that if you're willing to lend a hand with code (it's written in C#) you can jump in and join the development team and help bringing in all the missing features.

Documentation can be found at https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ba...#Documentation

Documentation is still in an early stage. We try to keep it up to date but the code is changing often and it's hard to keep the pace.

BabBot comes with a sample script that is based on the Paladin class. It can be used as a starting point to make your own scripts for other classes or for specific tasks but there currently isn't the documentation for it. You can learn how to use it by looking at the example for now. BabBot has a very powerful Finite State Machine that we are using to make bot actions as atomic as possible.

Have fun with it. All bug reports should go to the Trac at SourceForge:
    https://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/babbot/newticket

If you need to get in touch with the team please use the project's forum at https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/babbot/

[Release] BabBot
    Renyei's Avatar Contributor Hand of God
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How secure is this? Was thinking of using it for farming Booty Bay rep after getting Honored with Bloodsail .. is this safe to use or very easy to detect. All in all looks good.

tanis2000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mineerminty View Post
    How secure is this? Was thinking of using it for farming Booty Bay rep after getting Honored with Bloodsail .. is this safe to use or very easy to detect. All in all looks good.
    As with most bots, it's not secure. It doesn't do anything that is currently triggering Warden but this does not mean that with the next update it will still be safe. Use it at your own risk. We're not doing any pre-emptive cloacking or anything like that.

Feel free to play around with it but remember it's still an alpha release btw.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it call engine functions and/or write to structs such as CTM?
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Robske View Post
    Does it call engine functions and/or write to structs such as CTM?
    It does inject a DLL that calls the LUA FrameScript_Execute function and that hooks EndScene.

The only things that we write are the hook to our own registered LUA input handler so that we can call it from within wow's main thread, the values that are being passed to the CTM structure and the facing direction.

Everything else is just reading from memory and calling FrameScript_Execute and retrieving the returned values of LUA scripts.

We do have non-CTM and non-memory-writing facing routines available for scripters if they prefer to use those though. It's really up to the scripts programmers to decide what they want to do. The only thing you can't get rid of is the hook which is something necessary at the moment.

My aim is to provide a robust framework with as many functions as possible and then let everyone play around with it and come up with different solutions to achieve whatever they need with the bot either by using or not using memory writing. We try to be flexible whenever it's possible.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It injects a DLL, calls engine function(s), and hooks API(s)?

Rofl, epic win.

Banwave incoming in:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    It injects a DLL, calls engine function(s), and hooks API(s)?

Rofl, epic win.

Banwave incoming in:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    LOL Cypher! I love you!

tdrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Cypher

Just looking at the source, might as well just close your account and save blizz the time of banning you.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Cypher

(Goin with the flow)
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

LeafOfMoo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prob nub question so sorry but as soon as i run it as admin on vista it like says program has stopped responding please no flame any help?

flo8464's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LeafOfMoo View Post
    Prob nub question so sorry but as soon as i run it as admin on vista it like says program has stopped responding please no flame any help?
    You got bannz0red !
    Hey, it compiles! Ship it!

Barrt73Rus's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not want to risk my account using such shitty bots, the more that Cypher knowledgeable man, and his opinion is very important to consider before using or what is in this section

flo8464's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Barrt73Rus View Post
    I do not want to risk my account using such shitty bots, the more that Cypher knowledgeable man, and his opinion is very important to consider before using or what is in this section
    Meaning that its not safe in public use doesn't mean it is bad coded.
    (I didn't take a look at it, talking about general)
    Hey, it compiles! Ship it!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Barrt73Rus View Post
    It's comments like this that make me wonder why I keep it Open Source and free for all.

I thought that having an open framework would actually attract more coders who would not have to start from scratch but plug more code in and take the whole project to a higher level. And from this all the users would benefit.

What you're not seeing is that most of the C# commercial bots that have spawned recently copypasted code from BabBot. Some even kept the original comments in the headers of functions that they use to generate API docs. Do you think that they're safer?

The truth is that I would expect someone to say "hey! there's no cloacking, no self-protection. Cool! Let's make a module for that!" and the nice thing is that you could even release it as a binary and sell it for money and it would be fine given the current license.

Instead all I see is people complaining. Cypher is right. If you don't know what you're doing there are good chances that you will get banned. And on top of that I add that if that's the case you as well deserve it.

What's wrong with you guys? Do you think that cooperating on a project is something bad? You're not losing money, you're not getting your ego crushed and you're actually contributing to a bigger plan. If you don't get that, well.. it's your choice of course. But it'd be nice to see some new or old faces take a shot at adding new stuff.

Naem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tanis2000 View Post
    It's comments like this that make me wonder why I keep it Open Source and free for all.

I thought that having an open framework would actually attract more coders who would not have to start from scratch but plug more code in and take the whole project to a higher level. And from this all the users would benefit.

What you're not seeing is that most of the C# commercial bots that have spawned recently copypasted code from BabBot. Some even kept the original comments in the headers of functions that they use to generate API docs. Do you think that they're safer?

The truth is that I would expect someone to say "hey! there's no cloacking, no self-protection. Cool! Let's make a module for that!" and the nice thing is that you could even release it as a binary and sell it for money and it would be fine given the current license.

Instead all I see is people complaining. Cypher is right. If you don't know what you're doing there are good chances that you will get banned. And on top of that I add that if that's the case you as well deserve it.

What's wrong with you guys? Do you think that cooperating on a project is something bad? You're not losing money, you're not getting your ego crushed and you're actually contributing to a bigger plan. If you don't get that, well.. it's your choice of course. But it'd be nice to see some new or old faces take a shot at adding new stuff.
    Don't let the individuals of MMOwned get you down. The community is a congregation of adolescent mouthbreathers.

I've been following your project for quite some time now, ever since you posted about it originally on GD. I thank you for your contribution and I sincerely hope you continue with your work. I appreciate that someone like yourself would put forth the effort to build such a project and give it out freely. I only wish I was a better programmer so that I could help contribute - although I'm learning C++ instead of C#.

On a separate note, I can't help but think that you should change your license. It would seriously irk me if people took my work and repackaged it in order to turn a profit for themselves, leaving me penniless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast