0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea: Hide Bots

So, I just had a thought on an interesting way to hide bots from Warden. It's pretty simple: Inject a DLL into Firefox.

Basically you create the entire bot as a DLL that can be injected into Firefox. That way, Warden's process scanning techniques will be rendered useless. They can't ban you for using Firefox

There is, of course, still a way Warden could detect the bot (DLL), but I am unsure of how in-depth Warden's scans are so I don't know if it does it now or ever will.

There's also another option: Find some popular application that includes a scripting engine that allows you to make system calls (necessary for a bot) and write the bot as a script for that. I'll be darned if Blizz finds a way to detect that.
    You could also modify Firefox to include such functionality in its scripting engine, and then write the bot as a Firefox addon.

Gimmie your thoughts. I don't use bots much at all, so I'm not sure if bot detection is much of a problem these days with rootkits and all. Though I know there was that huge Glider ban wave a week ago ...

-----)(Please leave the copyright text intact)(-----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce this information on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Idea: Hide Bots
    Snor11's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Idea: Hide Bots

NO QUESTIONS HERE!

but..its a great idea

ub3rst4r's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is possible
    however, the warden does scan for any memory changes in WoW
    also... there is already a method called "FU Rootkit" that hides the process as a system driver (http://www.rootkit.com/project.php?id=12)
    Last edited by ub3rst4r; 06-20-2007 at 08:21 PM.

SumGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol fu krootkit, thats funny... but really this might work, nice thinking their donner
    Meet BoB,:angel:
    Bob tried to steal my candy...
    silly bob

Alkhara Majere's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this idea.
    I think it has potential.

NeonMonkeys's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is possible
    however, the warden does scan for any memory changes in WoW
    Last I checked bots dont change memory >_>

Ferriz's Avatar Knight-Champion
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm i could see if this works so ill post later and see if i get banned on a trial account
    It's not that I'm lazy to change my sig, it's just because I'm so gangsta.

Lolopalooza

wrn1113's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might acutally work... +rep for the excelent idea
    The post is above this, stupid.:fu:

Donner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm glad to hear it wasn't a completely stupid idea

I'm curious as to why there was the huge Glider ban-wave recently. Doesn't Glider use a rootkit to hide itself? Certainly Warden has no way to detect a hidden process like that?

vamnon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised, don't usually see ideas this great everyday. Blizzard would have one hell of a time trying to detect something like this. + rep for the thought.

RichyG's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this.
    Horde Fanatic

Hounro's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Snor11
    NO QUESTIONS HERE!

but..its a great idea
    it isn't a question..

anyways, you should post on gliderforums, cus mmowned aint developing bots^^

97036's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it gets detected you could allways say "omg it's was a kewl addon I got for Firefox blabla" and hope that Blizzard will unban you.

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this moment in time , Glider (best bot imo) is not detected by warden and that last banwave had nothing to do with software detection , just bad careless or unlucky botters got banned .

I like the idea of hidding a bot as a firefox addon , but in order for an advanced (runs finds kills) bot to work it needs to read WoW in some way or another , there are 2 techniques that a bot can use :

1) It attaches itself on the WoW proccess by the use of a "Hook" and it reads the WoW clients memory in order to see if any events are happening ingame (such as a mob attacks , HP , Mana) . <---- This technique is the one used by Glider and it is very efficient but it is also very hard to hide from Warden .

2) It does not attach itself but it reads predefined colors or see flashes (a lot like human eyes) on the screen in order to find out if any events are happening ingame . <---- This technique can be used to make BG bots and other less advanced bots (like fishing bots) , but its not efficient enough to make a bot which would look human (ingame) .

Now that the bot can see whats happening ingame , it now needs to send his orders to your ingame character somehow , and again there are 2 techniques which can be used to do that :

1) It sends keyboard key presses and mouse clicks using the keyboard and mouse drivers , which makes the bot look quite human since it does not inject anything into the WoW process itself . <---- This is used by Glider and is considered to be the stealthiest way to send ingame orders from your bot .

2) The bot can send key presses and mouse clicks by the process of memory injection , this is a very efficient way of sending key controls but its very hard to hide from warden <---- This technique is used by such bot like WoWbot (from ISX) or some other older bots .

Now that the bot can see and interact with the WoW client , it needs to hide itself and since nobody (apart from the Blizz staff) really knows what warden is capable of , it makes it a real headache for Bot programmers to find a way to hide their bots but here are a few techniques used so far :

1) A Rootkit is used to hide certain (not all) parts of the bots activity while it is and is not being used , a rootkit works as a cocoon which is wrapped around a certain designated program in order to hide its existence . <---- There are many kinds of different rootkits on the net and most of them are detected as malware by AV software these days (including warden) .

2) A bot can hide itself by simply being kept private , i am sure that there are a lot of private made (undetected) bots out there and the only thing which is keeping them private is because of the fact that they are only used by the people who designed them , or by Gold and power leveling company's . <---- The best way to keep a bot undetected .

3) A bot can hide itself by hiding behind a whole new OS (platform like WinXP) , which is not compatible with warden (or warden can't scan inside that new OS) . <---- This technique is used by WoWbot (from ISX) and the name of the new OS is Innerspace , and it is a very efficient way of hiding a bot , but there are a lot of things which i believe can go wrong with this new technique and only time will tell whether i am right or wrong .

Anyway , here are the current tools in a bots arsenal which can be used to Read , Write , Hide from WoW and Warden .
    I hope that you all learned something and thank you for reading .

Flying Piggy .

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    349/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nice 1 piggy, i used to think glider was the best,it changed, I think openbot/wowbot are better by miles now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast