Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question:Will Blizzard track you through your domain?

So let's just say I bought a domain like a dumbass with my real Paypal (fake Paypal just seems more illegal to me.) Will Blizzard put in the effort to contact them and get my info? Also does the FBI mess with game phishing? Seems unlikely to me. I purchased the domain from godaddy and host it on a free host with no real info in either account. Paypal is the only thing that was real.

Question:Will Blizzard track you through your domain?
    TheBluePanda's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really think FBI/Paypal is going to do all this effort for maybe like 100 EUro ? To get FBI you better get 5000 USD and they will start working on it.

Blizzard does no effort at all for phising sites, they would be bussy for ages to get all the details, and then, what can they do ?

doomicide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good too hear. Lol. I can't find a SINGLE case from blizzard against a phisher or scammer. The profit is in the $3000 range but it wasn't taken FROM blizzard. Mostly gold selling and a few accounts that were out of prepaid time and I had the full info for.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will not do anything, since they have no idea you actually scammed somebody ,its not if you scam something that there will be come a big red text "SCAMMED BY XXX" on it :P

And 3000 USD in virtual goods, blizzard cannot prove this is worth this much, its a word to word discussion, blizzard says : 3000 USD, you say 200 USD, its virtual, so there is no real price on it

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ViXan View Post
    They will not do anything, since they have no idea you actually scammed somebody ,its not if you scam something that there will be come a big red text "SCAMMED BY XXX" on it :P

And 3000 USD in virtual goods, blizzard cannot prove this is worth this much, its a word to word discussion, blizzard says : 3000 USD, you say 200 USD, its virtual, so there is no real price on it
    That's true. All the gold was sold of in small bits to different gold sellers and was laundered properly so they won't get any action against them.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by doomicide View Post
    That's true. All the gold was sold of in small bits to different gold sellers and was laundered properly so they won't get any action against them.
    If you are affraid to lose money better be scared of the gold sellers, (well scared, they just threaten, if it was all true what they said I would have now been convicted to death... And I'm still writing so...)

Blizzard won't ask you money unless you start doing stuff which let them lose alot of money or just very illigal (Glider?)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ViXan View Post
    If you are affraid to lose money better be scared of the gold sellers, (well scared, they just threaten, if it was all true what they said I would have now been convicted to death... And I'm still writing so...)

Blizzard won't ask you money unless you start doing stuff which let them lose alot of money or just very illigal (Glider?)
    No worries. Lol... Funny story actually. I got a message from the owner of the free host I was using saying he was reporting me to Interpol and FBI and such... He said he located me and listed all my fake info including my mailing address on Charleston blvd in Las Vegas... I'm not worried about the gold sellers. I've made good friends with several owners because of my constant supply and I sell directly to their customers.