0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Trade Account Scam

I havent been a member for more than what looks to be a couple hours, so i apologize if this is a repost.

Currently, the scam i have been working on is rather simple, yet effective for getting free gear and gold.

What you need to do is find someone to trade your account with(This has only really worked out well if you have a 70 on the account). Keep in mind you should have decent but not fantastic gear or a lot of gold on the account.

Anyway, over Ventrilo or MSN/AIM, trade account names and passwords. Dont do anything with emails yet.

This is an important part of the scam here.

As you most likely know, the contact information page does not display the full email name. You can use this to your advantage. While you still have hold of your account, change the email to an extra email of your that starts with the same letter as theirs(They will see the email has changed to what looks like theirs). Have them change their account's email to yours. Quickly check their account to make sure they did the change legitly(spell checK).

This is where it could get screwed, cause if they check to make sure u did your account email change legitly, you have a problem.

Now that you technically have your emails on both accounts, they can play your account freely and get you gear and gold.

Make sure not to give out the secret question answer. Give them some bogus story of how it was your brother's account he gave you before he joined the army and he died, or something of that nature.

Now that they are out getting you gear upgrades and gold, just sit back and chill on their character, farming gold through Dailies and ore/primal farming, sending the gold daily to an alt on a trusted friends account or one of your own, extra account.

After a few days/weeks/months, simply steal the account back, presumably they will do the same and take theirs back, but they will only get the same char they had before with no gold :P

I have been doing this scam since i got my first 70, now i have a warrior in 4/5 S3 and T5 raiding gear...absoutely free. Plus they leveled a few of my alts as well.

I have had to xfer off a server for a couple months, but it was surely worth it.

Simple Trade Account Scam
    Krabita's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually a very nice twist I haven't seen before.
    The thing I'd add is to use a fake mailer when you change the email over; so you can send an email to them from [email protected] just so if they check their email it's more authentic. +rep