Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Scamming] How to make sure you are not revealed.

Hey guys.

Sorry if this is a repost, i have not seen anything else like it.
    Please don't flame either.

Anyway, so if you have noticed, people who scam MarkeeDragon.com generally use fake armorys. Well i tried this myself, and i must say it saved my ass. I may of gotten lucky but still, it may save you.

Lets say for instance you go to an armory and decide that you want to "sell" or "trade" that character that you "own". Look at the bottom of the armory and check last update.

Screenshot:

This is when the character LAST logged in.
    Now, what happened with me was the guy checked with muiltiple people in my "toon's" GUILD. I was like *****ed*.

But this saved my ass, i said i hadn't been on for 3 days, because thats when my time had apperently expired. (Picture is not from armory i used). He then said "Okay, your guildies said you haven't been on in 2-3 days, you seem pretty legit. Atleast you are not one of those guys that says you have a S3 <Class> and hyjal geared and doesn't have proof"

Also, for verification, if you have a working World of Warcraft account, i highly recommend asking the guild yourself JUST incase.

I ended up with a full T5 hunter and a "hyjal geared mage".

All questions to be posted here please. Thanks.

P.S I have no proof of this encounter because i didn't realise this until an hour after the trade and finished.
    Last edited by Flipt; 06-02-2008 at 07:02 AM.

[Scamming] How to make sure you are not revealed.
    lars1414's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thanks a lot ...I'll check on some of these accounts I have to see if they have a good chance of recovering them...+rep

Krabita's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been caught a few times with people getting suspisous if I won't show the character in-game, but I have apparently already logged in today. I guess this would help. Just need to make sure you choose someone who hasn't logged on in a few days.

gkh2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really doubt anyone would be after you like that, but nope i dont know much I cant help.