0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with phishing..

Most emails (yahoo, hotmail, gmail), at least that I have tested, all block html in pages. Rather than be completely obvious and give a fake link in order to try to scam someone's account, how are you supposed to get them to go to your fake site if there is no html? I cannot make it so you can click on a picture to go to the link or even the webpage, so how are you supposed to bypass these email's phishing barriers? There may be a really easy solution but I haven't slept yet and I just spent a few hours sending out emails like an idiot that don't go anywhere due to the unforseen phishing barriers. 6):

The problem with phishing..
    jackdaripper's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well just send a K3yjogger<----- for educational purposes

indyjones1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that is always a possibility. However, what I am trying to say after reading all of these success stories about phishing, how is it possible without using HTML which most emails are blocking now, yet some people still successfully phish. I tried making a fake beta website to get people to go there, but is it possible to send a request for personal information via MMOMailer and they can send it somewhere without realizing it? I just do not see how you can get away with stuff without using HTML and being so obvious by giving some weird link that looks like nothing to do with WoW.'

Here's the situation: I already sent out as many emails as I could using html to people I found on guild websites (their emails). Probably most of the emails will be filtered because the email companies will detect phishing, and even if they do not get sent right away to the junk folder, the email filters out the html link. I had it so they were links that looked legit but you click on them to go to my phishing site, and well, since that doesn't work using html if they copy paste they get no link and might think nothing of it. As a result, I am willing to try again in an effective way rather than keylog them but in a way that I can log all their information without them realizing it, which I know some people here are succeeding at doing. Are you using html, if yes, what do you have to make it look legit?
    Last edited by indyjones1; 05-26-2008 at 06:28 AM.

jackdaripper's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by indyjones1 View Post
    Well, that is always a possibility. However, what I am trying to say after reading all of these success stories about phishing, how is it possible without using HTML which most emails are blocking now, yet some people still successfully phish. I tried making a fake beta website to get people to go there, but is it possible to send a request for personal information via MMOMailer and they can send it somewhere without realizing it? I just do not see how you can get away with stuff without using HTML and being so obvious by giving some weird link that looks like nothing to do with WoW.'

Here's the situation: I already sent out as many emails as I could using html to people I found on guild websites (their emails). Probably most of the emails will be filtered because the email companies will detect phishing, and even if they do not get sent right away to the junk folder, the email filters out the html link. I had it so they were links that looked legit but you click on them to go to my phishing site, and well, since that doesn't work using html if they copy paste they get no link and might think nothing of it. As a result, I am willing to try again in an effective way rather than keylog them but in a way that I can log all their information without them realizing it, which I know some people here are succeeding at doing. Are you using html, if yes, what do you have to make it look legit?

could you send me a link to your site if you don mind?

whitekidney's Avatar Donator
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jackdaripper View Post

could you send me a link to your site if you don mind?
    he is talking about HTML in emails.

cobey321's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro you can easily use hotmail and type out something like https://www.wow-europe.com/login then highlight it and click the option called insert link then put your phishing site there press ok and when people click on that website which looks like it is the real deal they will instead be taken to the phishing site.

indyjones1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that could work if they do not look at where the email comes from, but if someone simply looked at it they would see that it is a random email, which is why I used MMOMailer to spoof the address. The only thing you can use in MMOMailer is html.