[Phishing/scamming] Scam a guild and have them pay you to do it. (advanced) menu

User Tag List

Izn0g00d's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Phishing/scamming] Scam a guild and have them pay you to do it. (advanced)

This scam is labled "advanced" due to a couple of important factors. Firsly you will need some pretty decent phishing skills. (there are quite a few good tutorials on the subject on this site.) Seccondly you will have to be able to talk buisness without sounding like you ride the shortbus to work, but most importantly you are going to need to be able to set up a website and possibly edit some PHP/HTML code.

What you will need:

Several scripts including (but not limited to) a DKP system, Raid callendar, News script and so on and so forth. any script valuable to someone running a guild website. Personally I have an arsenal of 10.000+ PHP scripts including just about everything. A pretty good selection of scripts of any kind can be found at Hot Scripts :: The net's largest PHP, CGI, Perl, JavaScript and ASP script collection and resource web portal

A register/login script

A website design. Ways to get your hands on a decent design is ripping one, or simply downloading the "Fansite kit" from the wow website, then editing that design. Another option ofcourse is to design a site yourself.

Webspace with PHP (and prefferably MySQL installed)
    FreeWebspace.net - The largest guide to free webhosting. is a decent scource of free hosts.
    (Personally I use my own server, hidden behind a proxy, then aquire a free domain, and forward it to my server)

Prefferably a stolen account

What you need to do:

"Creating guild websites for gold. Optional features include DKP system, Raid Callendar, News script, mass emailer and more."

Someone should bite pretty soon.

If they ask why you do this for gold, just claim to work for a gold resale website, or claim to work as a webdesigner on a daily basis, and that you do it simply because it's an amazingly easy way of making extra gold for you.

If they wanna see some of your previous work, just go to deviantART: where ART meets application! or any site like it and search for clantemplate or whatever.. find a designer and provide them with the link to his/her profile. In 95% of the cases, the victim will take a look, decide you're good at your job, and leave it at that.

Now off to the dirty work:

Once you have sealed the deal, MAKING SURE they ordered a DKP site or anything that justifies a loginsite, you're all set. One twist that works well for me if someone says they just want a simple site is:

"I can understand that you are reluctant to spend alot on this, but as a guildmaster I'm sure you see the benefits of having a DKP system or a Raid calendar on the site."

let that one sit for a couple of secconds, then before they can answer, say:

"Tell you what, If you order any of them I'll throw in the other for free. How does that sound?"

(Go cliché on them with every salesline in the book, but don't ever offer them to install just one or both scripts completely free. People are suspicious of free stuff. A bargain price is actually alot more effective than something totally free in many cases.)

Now, here's the tricky part. Set up the whole website, then place the DKP system or any other "Guildmember only" related script in a restricted area of the site.

For the register page, add a field where the gildmembers can type a "voucher number" and give the guildmaster that number. This is NOT nececary for the scam to work, but it prevents non-guild members from registering at the site. Basicly it does two things:

A: Adds a professional feel to the whole deal.
    B: Makes sure you only have to go through the actual guild members info when stealing accounts.

Now download or write a phisher script, and make sure to forward the information propperly so that both YOU get the info and the registering process happens correctly. This will prevent the first member of the guild to register from telling the others it's not working. The idea of this scam is to have them believe everything is ok until you strike.

Now. Here's the cool thing about this scam. Alot (and I do mean alot) of people use the same username and password for multiple accounts, especially when the accounts are related in some way. (such as a wow guildsite and the game) A guild with 50 members should provide you with at least 10 accounts. Usually alot more.

I know this seems very difficult and time consuming, but once you have it all set up once, all you need to do the next time is upload the whole shabang and remove / add scripts.

The most important thing about this scam is to really run with it. Explain the benefits of various scripts. Ask if they have any color preferences. any design elements and so on. (believe me, if you get a really cool design prepaired, they won't even care about the colors when they see it.) Explain that they should assign a guild webmaster. Even offer to train him a bit (for a small fee.) Have fun and go all out. once the provider/client relationship has rooted it's all about acting.

And the best part: They pay you to scam them. A website can sell for up to 5000g easily. Guilds have banks. Banks have money!

Remember: Conning someone should be fun. If it's not fun, it's just another job.

[Phishing/scamming] Scam a guild and have them pay you to do it. (advanced)
    darkninja's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn nice that sounds good.... going on that i have my own server and host i might try this... but i dont play WoW anymore so maybe ill do that then sell the accounts!

+rep for originality... Too bad the majority of the people on this site dont have the patience or skill for this as this is a great way to make cash!

btw I never have really scammed or hacked people for in game crap... i hardly ever played wow... I am in it for the real world cash and this can take me far!

$$$ gained from hacking= $9000+
    I dont scam or phish accounts... I hack them! Website hacking at its finest!

Couwae's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This proves out to be useful, Im not going to rep you - Well I would - but my rep has to wait - I've repped to many people this week :S
    Sorry brah.

Izn0g00d's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
    +rep for originality... Too bad the majority of the people on this site dont have the patience or skill for this as this is a great way to make cash!
    Aye, it's a great decoy. When the scam lands, it will take people a little while to realize what struck 'em. Usually enough time for you to delete everything related to the website. After the site is gone, there's nothing to be found as the server is A: a free one, available online, or B: your own, hidden safely behind a few proxies.

Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
    btw I never have really scammed or hacked people for in game crap... i hardly ever played wow... I am in it for the real world cash and this can take me far!
    This scam is probably alot more effective in real life, as it can be adapted. Any fool can download a webshop script. if you have a bit more knowledge, you can setup a fake payment system, and presto. Instant creditcard info. (takes alot of work though). Point is, the scam works in many ways.

mordex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is too advanced

poche's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is simply awsome, evil and so cool! i think i will even try it on my own guild!
    seriously this idea is awsome and after you can sell your gold and sell/rent account

Angerfist's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The accounts can be easily recallled when u only know their username & pass. Unless they are not the original owner of the account, they will recall it.

Even tho i think this wil works as a charm, +Rep for the nice idea.