2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scam For Free CD-Keys!!!

Alright, so the concept is pretty basic. Searched though and didn't see anything about this.

1. Go to any retail store that sells WoW stuff. I prefer Best Buy cause they're 1337.

2. Purchase a World of Warcraft Battle Chest. I got mine for $30 USD from Best Buy. This way, you get a WoW key, and a BC key. If you buy them individually, I think they're $20 each. So go with the battlechest and save yourself $10 for now =)

Note: The sticker shows $40 because that's what the price was before. The receipt is $30 though.

3. Go home, or anywhere else I guess after you leave the store. There is a clear plastic, circle seal on both the top and bottom of the box. DO NOT just cut through it with your keys or something like I used to do. Instead, take a knife, or anything else thin, to carefully remove the seal on one one side so you can open the box.

4. Pull out the cardboard tray. There will likely be a product catalog, the guide for WoW/BC, 2 trial key flyers, and the 2 CD sleeves for WoW/BC.

5. In the past, they used to give you like 5 CD's to install the game on. But now I guess they compiled everything down to 1 CD for WoW, and 1 CD for BC. Since it's only one disk, they have another clear plastic seal over the opening to the sleeve to hold the disk in. LEAVE IT.

The CD Key is right on the front of the sleeve. Write it down, or enter it in to create the account right away.

6. Now. Take the trial flyers too if you desire, but it would probably be less suspicious if you just left them. (They're pretty worthless, but I guess you can write down those keys too.) Put the sleeves back in their place with the rest of the stuff, and slide the cardboard tray back into the box. Reapply the clear seal over the top of the opening and Ta-Da!

7. Take it back to where you bought it from. I know Best Buy has a 30 day return policy, so bring your receipt and take it to the returns desk and when they ask you why you're returning it, just say something simple like "I was buying it as a gift for my friend's birthday, but his parents already bought him it." Anything that says 'Here, I want my money back.' while not saying 'Here, I opened it, and didn't want it anymore, I want my money back.'

(I know it's dark >.< but it's a receipt)

Don't be nervous! Don't freak out if they ask you why you're returning it. Know what you're going to say ahead of time, and act like that IS what happened.

8. Leave the store. Congrats, you just got your $30 back, and brand new CD Keys! Whether you sell them off, or use them yourself is up to you. Selling them may be a better option, since when the retail store finally does sell that battle chest again, the poor guy who tries to enter the keys is probably going to complain that they are taken, and the account with the keys might be locked.

I would advise not repeating this more than a few times per store. If you live near a large city where you can get to multiple retail stores that sell the battlechest, this could be VERY profitable for you.

Enjoy your free CD Keys!

Last edited by Heftydogg; 06-04-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Scam For Free CD-Keys!!!
    joober's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice idea, although could be potentially risky. >< +Rep

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty common sense but you should sell me some keys for discounted prices next time you do this =P (sometime before friday before i buy them legitly)

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this like 5 months ago so It's probably long gone, but I figure you found this out on your own so +rep (5 more rep till contributer?!?1 gratz)

spike999's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah im pretty sure this is a repost, only they posted it in the exploits section

discover the secret to getting off your flight path anywhere HERE.

nekoshounen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice i would not have thought of that one i am gonna try this out as soon as i get paid. tyvm.

Mobbed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do this, I'd love to buy a discounted one off of someone

swisscheese's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried this at best buy.

TIP: Don't attract a Geek Squad person while trying to return (they know this kinda shit).

ftshacker
    ANd yea i posted the thread they got 5 rep and then they reset the forums...

majinbuu1023's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already posted this but awesome its orignial because u said slice it open with a knife etc,etc +rep

borion12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i used the birthday line aswell but i swaped it for a gametime card so i could start playing

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by borion12 View Post
    lol i used the birthday line aswell but i swaped it for a gametime card so i could start playing
    hehe, Nice. Ya sometimes they will refund you with store credit. (A gift card basically). So might as well snag 2 months game time while you're there!

Sorry to anyone who's saying they posted this before. My apologies if you lost it in the site rollback, It's been awhile since that happened though, and plenty of time for you to have posted it again.

I found this out on my own last week, and after searching thought I'd throw it up here. Even if it has been posted before, and was deleted for some reason, atleast now it's in the right section and is in the records.

Bastianfalk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coud be nice Will maybe try it

mgscs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like stealing irl thou nice ideá +repx2

Welcome to the contributer world
    Let's put a smile on that face.

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mgscs View Post
    I don't like stealing irl thou nice ideá +repx2

Welcome to the contributer world
    Thank you =) And to everyone else for helping me get there.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast