0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few tips to help your scam be successful

This is nothing big, but here's a few tips to help you have a successful scam. In this post I will assume that you already know the actual scam, all i'm doing is giving hints to improve your chances of a successful scam.------
    SOME OF THIS MAY BE A REPOST, EVERYTHING I'M TALKING ABOUT IN THIS POST IS ORIGINAL EXCEPT FOR THE "EMAIL CHANGE SCAM"-Credit for that given to Wakko93 Link to his post: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...mail-scam.html
    *ALSO: This guide may or may not be of use to some people, but i HOPE that everyone will find a little somethin-somethin to help their scamming!

------
    Normal Account Scam:
    *This is probably the most used account scam and i've found it to be the most successful.
    *In this scam, you go to your acc trading website (ex. Markeedragon), look for someone that's trading accounts, and talk to them on aim, trying to "trade" your either real or fake character for his/her real character.
    Hints----

1) When you're talking to your victom (getting ready for the trade), if you actually have the character, show it to him in game. If you don't have the character and he asks to see it in-game, come up with something like "i'm at work and i don't have WoW on this cpu" or w/e.

2) When you begin the trade tell him that this is how you've traded successfully before:
    a. Change Emails
    b. Exchange SQ/A
    c/d/e: Put pw, name, etc.. in any order you want.
    *Some time between A and B you might want to ask for the person's Full Name.
    *Some people on these forums say that you should ask for the CD-Key. I usually don't bother asking this because most people don't know it and it's tough to pull off.

*WHEN YOU CHANGE EMAILS: Use the "ultimate-change-email-scam" method i posted at the beginning of this thread. (Basically go to acc management and change your email address *2* times, once to your victoms and once to another one of your emails.) Confirm the email to change the acc's email to your victoms, let him see the confirmation email, then confirm the OTHER email to change the acc's email to your account. (Yes, confusing, i know)

*WHEN EXCHANGING SQA: Say that your answer is something tough to type like "IllIllQO41Il" (on aim I's and l's look exactly the same). They shouldn't try to use the sqa yet, but if they do, they'll have trouble typing it and will most likely just give you their sq/a and ask how to type your answer.

FINALLY: ALWAYS GO FIRST!!!! I can't express how important this is in a successful scam! You must ALWAYS take the initiative. If you say something like "you go first please" your chance of a successful scam will drop by 50%.

You're getting the email anyway so it doesn't matter.

---------------------
    Account Renter/Buyer Scam:
    *I don't use this often as it usually isn't successful, but when using it you will increase your chances of getting an account by 20%.

1) Do the usual, go find an account on w/e website, open up a chat on aim.

2) Once the chat is opened, type some things in PERFECT english, like a macro. When the person asks you questions say things like "i need to ask my boss". When finall answer the question, answer it in crappy english like "wel u will recieve 10$ u.s.d a day for tht acc".

3) When you get the account as a RENTER, scam gold or w/e on it as fast as you can before the person who's "renting" it changes the pw. Also, i suggest trying to get it banned just to be a jerk.

4) When you get the account as a BUYER, make sure they've changed the email. That's all you really need as long as you have the sq/a.
    ----------------

General hints:
    1) Don't be an ******* in chat. Nobody wants to trade with someone that's a jerk.

2) Remember that when they change their email to yours, the account name is in the email you recieve. So don't worry about exchanging acc names.

3) Remember to always take the initiative in all scams...

4) Be quick to think. But don't contradict yourself. I can't tell you how many times i've lost an account because earlier in the conversation i said he was on a PvP server and later i said that he was on a PvE server.

5) Again, if they ask you a question, think quickly, but think it THROUGH before saying ANYTHING. The more you try to scam the better you'll get at this.

6) When trading accounts ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS include what the OTHER PERSON is trading in the FIRST MESSAGE you send. This helps you remember what you're trying to scam. If you aren't sure what you're trading, just scroll up and look at what you said in the first message. (I do this because one time, i was so close to scamming an amazing hunter, and I forgot what i was scamming so i said something about a shaman and the deal was off).

-------------------

I hope this was helpful. Again, this may or may not be of use to you, but there should something that everyone can find in this thread to help improve their scammage.

A few tips to help your scam be successful
    Apec01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great tips +Rep

tatortotts's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it's mostly common knowledge, I think it will help a few out.
    +Rep once I hear about it

-Tator

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to many guides on this...

geoleet's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent tips

tudor-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abit of common sense isn't it?

Orlykthxbai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good tips thanks

jakojako's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, some of this is common-sense, however, there are a lot of people who haven't thought of some of these "common-sense" things

Teachmenow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    def putting this n my memory bank